Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rip Satoru Iwata

Ninjamander

This has been a pretty crappy year so far. Sure, people die all the time. The minute I'm typing this someone just died. But when it's someone you know/looked up to/lived with for the entirety of your life, it has a bit larger of an impact.

First Monty Oum,

Then my Father,

Then Christopher Lee,

And now Iwata.

Who's next? Miyazaki?

Whoa, I have to admit. This came right out of left-field. I won't sugar coat the fact that he's made some rather questionable decisions during his lifespan, but still. My thoughts go out to his family.

When Nintendo was struggling financially, Iwata took a 50% paycut rather than fire anyone.

He may have made questionable choices as a leader, but never as a person.

Holy hell, no.

Seriously, no.

Sh*t, don't

No.

YOU HAVE TO BE LYING RIGHT NOW.

Too many people have died this year. A lot I was familiar with but not very familiar, such as Monty Oum. Monty's death saddened me as he died at 33.

This. This is where it tops everything. The topic title is very suspicious. I was almost positive it was a joke.

Well I have no idea what to say anymore. This just destroys the entire year with the many other deaths and bad news I've received. 

Something I never do and would hate to admit but some tears have fallen.

Edited by LazerSkink

I've never cried for any celebrity dying, or anyone I didn't actually know. Until today.

He practically made my childhood, heck my whole family played Nintendo games since forever. Like.. Gosh dangit.

Rest in peace Iwata. Just.. Argh..

Nintendo's been a laughing stock for ages. But that doesn't make this any less tragic.

Too young. Too young.

I wouldn't even feel sad if he went away in his sleep from a natural death...

I hope (and I guess he does too, where he is) that it doesn't mean the end of Nintendo & games in general... :/

(How will I feel when mr Miyamoto will join him?!Not that this news devastated me & I cried, it just felt strange. He's "just" a famous CEO in videogames!!!)

Edited by unknow99