Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Reasonable Mesa Ult Rework That Should Please Most

(XBOX)naruto1171

So, since Mesa is supposed to be an ultra fast gunslinger who can hit a nickel being fired from a tennis ball launcher 40 feet away and make Clint Eastwood look like a half-baked parlor trick clown, you'd assume that she's powerful and her skills would show this, in my opinion simply making Peacemaker a pistol override like Valkyr or Excalibro's ult would be contradictory to her skill. The problem I've noticed everyone complain about is the omnipresence it gives her without forcing her to move and almost removing the player from the game and simply watching it happen, here's how I'd fix this.

Firstly, upon entering Peacemaker energy drain is reduced to 1 per second, Mesa can now walk around at will with her pistols drawn, before exploding please continue reading. A large reticule with a partial circle on each side will mark the range for peacemaker to hit, keeping it's current effective ranges at all ranks. For visual reference the marker would look a bit like so:

mEJzm36.png

Firing will cause Mesa to become stationary and do her poses as usual when using ability as these are part of the spectacle of gunslinging skill that are Peacemaker, and up energy consumption to current amounts or slightly less to accommodate for the lowered omnipresence of the skill. To compensate, the gun's should be able to shoot through a meter or so of cover, if these are strong enough to punch right through corrupted Grineer bomber armor, it should be able to shoot through a few set-pieces NOT including doors

Anything that comes within 7 meters, affected by mods or a set distance of 5-15 meters[i'm unsure on what would be a fair distance for this] of Mesa outside that reticule will become a potential target with slightly higher priority due to being so much closer.

Although simply I believe it should do this is to partially avoid getting crowded by infested easily and to not waste the animations where Mesa fires in 2 opposite directions, a somewhat realistic explanation for this could be due to the enemy coming within earshot behind Mesa.

What say you Warframe community?

Maybe this one will be better than current peacemaker

Anything is better than our current Peacemaker. Right now, Peacemaker is easily one of the most poorly designed abilities in the entire game. Nearly any change to it is good. I especially like the idea of Mesa being able to move normally while Peacemaker is active, but unable to move while shooting.

A suggestion I'd like to add: Mesa should not be able to turn while shooting Peacemaker. If she can turn, she should not be able to turn all the way around. This would keep Mesa moving as opposed to just standing in one spot spinning in circles.

I agree with everything apart from

"To compensate, the gun's should be able to shoot through a meter or so of cover, if these are strong enough to punch right through corrupted Grineer bomber armor, it should be able to shoot through a few set-pieces NOT including doors"

NOOOOOOoooo

I would Exploit the ***** out of this

I would also be happy with this system + current energy usage and immobility.

Edited by Tatersail

I must say that I like the idea, I am not sure its the best one but its pretty interesting, especially since it keeps "turret" mode aspect. I personally had slightly similar idea before:

In my idea Mesa would start in walking mode of her ult(like some people want), many people had great ideas for how her ult in walking mode could work so I wont give any details, but the important part is that by pressing on of buttons Mesa would enter "aimbot turret" mode which would work like current ult, of course her range would be slightly decreased so people couldnt use her like they do now on draco, her range would be either unchangeable or be unchangeable with power range with would weaken your power a lot if you wanted max range, either way mesa "turret" mode would lose a lot of effectiveness, of course range cant be decreased too far, mesa in "turret" mode must be able to kill bombards before they kill her.

Important thing is that Mesa must keep aspect of "gunkata"  in her ult since her ult is based on "gunkata" from Equilibrium movie:

first gun fight in second video is almost exactly like mesa ult.

Edited by Culaio

Anything is better than our current Peacemaker. Right now, Peacemaker is easily one of the most poorly designed abilities in the entire game. Nearly any change to it is good. I especially like the idea of Mesa being able to move normally while Peacemaker is active, but unable to move while shooting.

A suggestion I'd like to add: Mesa should not be able to turn while shooting Peacemaker. If she can turn, she should not be able to turn all the way around. This would keep Mesa moving as opposed to just standing in one spot spinning in circles.

...don't blame a poorly designed slow spawning croud enemy concept down on a ability that simply works most effective.

...don't blame a poorly designed slow spawning croud enemy concept down on a ability that simply works most effective.

Peacemaker isn't poorly designed because it's effective, it's poorly designed because it rewards players for standing in one spot and not actually playing the game.

So, since Mesa is supposed to be an ultra fast gunslinger who can hit a nickel being fired from a tennis ball launcher 40 feet away and make Clint Eastwood look like a half-baked parlor trick clown, you'd assume that she's powerful and her skills would show this, in my opinion simply making Peacemaker a pistol override like Valkyr or Excalibro's ult would be contradictory to her skill. The problem I've noticed everyone complain about is the omnipresence it gives her without forcing her to move and almost removing the player from the game and simply watching it happen, here's how I'd fix this.

Firstly, upon entering Peacemaker energy drain is reduced to 1 per second, Mesa can now walk around at will with her pistols drawn, before exploding please continue reading. A large reticule with a partial circle on each side will mark the range for peacemaker to hit, keeping it's current effective ranges at all ranks. For visual reference the marker would look a bit like so:

mEJzm36.png

Firing will cause Mesa to become stationary and do her poses as usual when using ability as these are part of the spectacle of gunslinging skill that are Peacemaker, and up energy consumption to current amounts or slightly less to accommodate for the lowered omnipresence of the skill. To compensate, the gun's should be able to shoot through a meter or so of cover, if these are strong enough to punch right through corrupted Grineer bomber armor, it should be able to shoot through a few set-pieces NOT including doors

Anything that comes within 7 meters, affected by mods or a set distance of 5-15 meters[i'm unsure on what would be a fair distance for this] of Mesa outside that reticule will become a potential target with slightly higher priority due to being so much closer.

Although simply I believe it should do this is to partially avoid getting crowded by infested easily and to not waste the animations where Mesa fires in 2 opposite directions, a somewhat realistic explanation for this could be due to the enemy coming within earshot behind Mesa.

What say you Warframe community?

Who would've thought a guy with your name on XB1 would come up with this :)

Edited by Jinryusai

I agree with everything apart from

"To compensate, the gun's should be able to shoot through a meter or so of cover, if these are strong enough to punch right through corrupted Grineer bomber armor, it should be able to shoot through a few set-pieces NOT including doors"

NOOOOOOoooo

I would Exploit the ***** out of this

I would also be happy with this system + current energy usage and immobility.

Yeah, maybe not punch-through for cover, thinking about it now you could probably still stand behind thin wall and camp lol.

Sure, pretty much what I had suggested a while ago. I think it would make her ult more fun because you can now choose targets and also have to aim at targets. Gives the player something to do while holding down right click.

Sorry if it sounds like I stole, I read some complaints and started pondering how to fix it and just kinda "eugh"ed at a simple pistol override and though of this.

Who would've thought a guy with your name on XB1 would come up with this :)

Hey what's that supposed to mean :^)

I'm not so sure about how well this turret mode would work; if Mesa is just firing in a cone, but still have the 'turret mode' ability, then people would just bring more Mesa to a farming run or change the positioning. For example, in a Defense, they would just take up a position in which they can cover the entire objective and as much of the battlefield as possible.

Personally, I've always preferred the idea of Mesa getting a weapon override (like Valkyr/Excalibro), letting her run around and shoot her pistols. However, she can't 'aim' the pistols, in a sense, as her alt-fire allows her to target lock onto specific enemies and/or body parts (think like Red Dead Redepmtion) which would then switch her over to an 'auto-aim' mode, but only for those targets she had locked on to. Limit the number of target-able enemies to 2 per Peacemaker rank (meaning 0 targets when you unlock it, and 6 at rank 3), and give the hip-fire option for Mesa a bonus (such as increased crit damage/chance, or increased fire speed, or even reduced energy consumption) and you've really got something.

I like the idea of having auto-aim within a set area, although I would say remove the punch through, and instead simply slow mesa as she is firing.  In addition, make the slowing effect take place while airborne as well, and add new mid-air poses for peacemaker, for those action movie style dives.