Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U17 Hype

Tuxie

It's quite unlikely they'll leave us without updates for an entire month

That's what we all thought back with U16 when they did the exact same thing. It took them another month almost to drop the update. The only thing they did in that gap was fix the uber drops from that one excavation mission.

That's what we all thought back with U16 when they did the exact same thing. It took them another month almost to drop the update. The only thing they did in that gap was fix the uber drops from that one excavation mission.

It was 2 weeks from the announcement of no Updates U16.

They announced it, 2 weeks later it released.

Where did you get 1 month from.

It was 2 weeks from the announcement of no Updates U16.

They announced it, 2 weeks later it released.

Where did you get 1 month from.

I can't find the exact post the hiatus was announced, but if you check the patch notes the three posts leading to U16 and the post for U16 go:

Feb 25th (15.16)

Feb 26th (15.16.1)

Mar 11th (the emergency fix to kill the uber farm, 15.16.2)

Mar 19th (U16)

March 19th was a Thursday. February 26th was a Thursday. It was about 3 weeks. I remember the one on the 11th was an emergency update, considering it's main goal was to nerf enemy rates on objective missions.

(While researching for the thread, I got this far and found the announcement thread. From this point forward, that thread is in mind.)

The Thread

If we base it completely on this thread, it was 2 weeks and 3 days between the thread announcement and the release. Last time, though, the Hiatus started before the official announcement thread, as the last update before the emergency one was about 4 days before the announcement.

Either way, I didn't say a month. I said "another month almost". Meaning not quite a month. 3/4ths of the way is almost a month. I don't mean to put it down to such a basic level, but it was a misunderstanding.

Posting this for reference:

So kinder confirms U17, won't be out next week (We might get a teaser next week), but I think we won't get the update until the end of July or even sometime in September 

Your joking.. Right?

They aren't going to go ~2 months without an update.

The most we will see is 3 Weeks. 4 Weeks at maximum. It will definitely be out by August.

I just realized Genetic Foundry isnt slated for U17. Im now a bit underwhelmed at the upcomming update.

I was looking forward to using Kubrows again, but it seems Ill have to continue the path of eternal Stasis (Ive been playing Warframe too intermittantly to actually use the furry guys)

Lol, oh I do indeed, but I'm being dumb, so I don't get hyped!

No, you're not dumb.

Why, just whyyyyy are you being so pessimistic though? If they do the same fiasco as Update 13,they know it'd be like shooting in their own feet...

Well, I've learned that if we hype too much or demand it to be next week or the week after, etc, then DE rushes it, like they did the last time, and also hype always leads to disappointment if done too much, and the other reason is due to, well if we expect it anytime soon, we'll just be hyping and when its the date for it to be released, and its not, rage happens.

Also, when U17, everyone will be trying to get on, that will cause a huge melt down of their servers and such. So reason why Im so pessimistic, tho I am moreless thinking we will get a teaser website the next week, from maybe hopefully Monday, or any day between to Friday, if not then the next week.

Indeed : hype is like a slingshot...

sTUyI.gif