Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash P: Shield Or Amor ?

Doforcash

Question

so i has equipment my Ash P with everything i need, and there's still 1 spare mod slot left. Knowing that the new Ash P has extra shield and Amor compare to the original one.

So...what should i put in my Ash P extra mod slot ? Amor or Shield ?

*notice that i already fully equipment my mod from Rage to hp mod, Steel charge...ect...ect. I Do not need any else mod suggestion beside should i pick a shield or a amor mod on my Ash P*

21 answers to this question

i dont understand, but im half asleep as awell, 

i personallyy thing that 240 armour (with steel fiber) wont do you too much goood.

although a good mod for survivalbility is the one that reduces knock down and gives extrea shield recharge, a Nightmare mod although i forgot its name. id sugesst you use that.

good knight eeveryone

If you have and use Rage+Life Strike a lot, the armor's going to be better. If you don't, go with the shielding. But I'm sure there's some better options to enhance your powers. Or Handspring/Maglev/QR.

i always use vitality (health) because if you have 700+ health and 120+ armor and a way to heal, you can use Rage

that is just my rule

but dont use steel fiber its a waste

put more damage or something

or an augment

Edited by Anatolius

Nearly all frames I run out of slots when I want some extra mods are you sure you don't have anything better? like intensify / energy mods / duration?

nearly...and you're right, Ash is the only Frame that i have no problem modding, at all. hell i can run him pretty dam fine with only Rage + Vitality mod.

and yes i did put in Intensify, Prime Flow...ect...ect...i got everything i need

Shield? Armour? .... Uh, None.

I can't imagine what solid build would even leave you room for either redirection or steel fiber...

well i'm run my Ash with Steel Meridian Hek, Vaykor and (Prisma)Dual Clever for started.

Then i choose Steel charge as my aura. then i add in Vitality + Rage + Enemy Rada. After lv him up abit i add in Equilibrium and Prime Flow. Finally when im high lever enough i add in Intensify and Seeking Shuriken.

^this build have miss 1 mod slot, but i can handle lv60 mod in void with it.

Edited by Doforcash

You know, with 150 armor you get about 35% damage resistance on health, and getting that up to 300 will only get you 15% more (50% total), and since it't only for health, you could take a lot more damage with Redirection instead.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

You know, with 150 armor you get about 35% damage resistance on health, and getting that up to 300 will only get you 15% more (50% total), and since it't only for health, you could take a lot more damage with Redirection instead.

hmmm..can't said no to math, imma try use shield now, thanks :D

I'm assuming you mean using Steel Fiber compared to not using it.

Ash Prime gets 33.3% damage reduction with base armor and 51.2% damage reduction with Steel Fiber.

Yeah, you could think of it as only getting 17.9% more damage reduction with Steel Fiber.

Or you could think of it as 26.7% less damage received when using Steel Fiber compared to not using it.

Taking a quarter less damage seems pretty worth it to me for situations where I take 4 or more hits before dropping to the floor.

Or you could think of it as 26.7% less damage received when using Steel Fiber compared to not using it.

Taking a quarter less damage seems pretty worth it to me for situations where I take 4 or more hits before dropping to the floor.

This. With 1110 health from Vitality, adding Steel Fiber adds another 610.5 effective health points, while adding Redirection only adds 550 shielding. 

There's other factors to consider however - SF means less health damage taken per hit, which means less energy restored. If you want the energy from Rage more than the protection, it might not be a good idea. Most companions can add to your shielding, making that 550 actually 1100 with Guardian, for example. Shields also regenerate over time, so again, if you don't use Life Strike, Redirection is the way to go.

This. With 1110 health from Vitality, adding Steel Fiber adds another 610.5 effective health points, while adding Redirection only adds 550 shielding. 

There's other factors to consider however - SF means less health damage taken per hit, which means less energy restored. If you want the energy from Rage more than the protection, it might not be a good idea. Most companions can add to your shielding, making that 550 actually 1100 with Guardian, for example. Shields also regenerate over time, so again, if you don't use Life Strike, Redirection is the way to go.

Very true.

And to take that further, armor will make each and every point of health count for more so healing with Steel Fiber equipped is a lot more effective as compared to without.

Gotta find that balance between gaining too much energy+losing too much health versus not gaining enough energy+not losing enough health.

Shields are nice and all but there aren't a lot of ways to recharge them in the middle of a fight so this whole topic really depends on what situations that Ash Prime will be used in.

As the latest repliers have said, go for Steel Fiber, I couple that with maxed Grace on Syandana (Trickery on helm) for maximum survivability.

@whoever saying they don't have enough slots to fit another defensive mod other than vitality: You are probably focusing on a Rising Storm build and/or some duration. 

I forego every duration because trickery *takes off sunglasses* does the trick. >_>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Depends if your doing a spamable bladestorm build or high duration invis build. For the bladestorm build Rage, Vitality, and Flow are crutial keep me constantly in bladestorm. For the duration build I would add his augment for smoke screen. The bladestorm augment is affected by duration and doesn't fit well into a spamable build. Your melee timer is actually less than normal if you have low duration.