Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 Is Coming,yay, But Hold On...[Moves 2.0]

unknow99

Do you have a link or something? (Yeah, I'm lazy like that...)

It's buried under a lot of tweets, so i don't have one.

Which is cool, but... come on, I expected at least new animations, something more than what we have now at double the speed.

I'd be content with double the speed and no animation locks.

I agree so much.

Do you think there's a chance that we'll get a short range flash-step-dodge in sword alone mode, because I feel regular dodges take too much time and the enemy's not going to shove a sword through they're gut by themselves. Unless they're doing seppuku, but who's crazy enough to commit seppuku during combat?

Human vs Tenno backflip contest

Tenno

MovementBackwardDodge.gif

Human

Human wins.

We also need continuous backflips.

I think many players were aware of this.  It's just that the community feels we should let DE release things first before analyzing.  Don't ever question their motives 10o :^)

On a serious note.  Parkour 3.0 too soon?

I just wonder...Do DE even realise how lame will bullet jumping and wallhopping look on frames like Rhino? 

And not only Rhino. These new moves make all frames feel "weightless".  

Also, I dont like whole idea of "backflips".  No flips.  Backstep, back dash...anything.  Flips = long flip animation that cant be interrupted smoothly.

It will always look too long for a dodge. Coz if you make it too fast...it will look funny on heavy frames (It already is)

Manoeuvres really need a total overhaul too, and not just a increase in the speed. The ability to shoot while dodging, the ability to chance your course the ability to cancel your melee attacks and so much more.

I would be heavily disappointed if they didn't change anything in manoeuvres.

This flic came up again on the interwebz

Really made me think of the movements in Warframe and where we started.  I don't expect this to be anything like our new system but, it look pretty damn silky.

Ooooooh  nice... Do you know when this movie/game come out? :p

(only downsides : the guy has a tendency to like the ground too much/make stylish pauses/enemies act like in Warframe trailers...What are they waiting for?)

Edited by unknow99

Allow concatenate backflips and faster side rolls and i'll be happy. I use rolling + backflip quite often, but side rolls are too much slow to initiate and a regular roll most of times is better for dodging. Backflip is not that fast either, but enough to avoid some butchers or melee enemies trying to slice you.

Being able to pull of a few shots while rolling / backflipping or being able to partially block attacks with the melee weapon would be nice too. I'd have much more fun playing Warframe.

I agree so much.

Do you think there's a chance that we'll get a short range flash-step-dodge in sword alone mode, because I feel regular dodges take too much time and the enemy's not going to shove a sword through they're gut by themselves. Unless they're doing seppuku, but who's crazy enough to commit seppuku during combat?

Human vs Tenno backflip contest

Tenno

MovementBackwardDodge.gif

Human

Human wins.

We also need continuous backflips.

Wow... Even I could do a better Handspring than a virtual dude in a space suit acting like a ninja...

I also tried to do a continuous backflip : it felt a little clunky! Tenno are no match...

Dodging is supposed to be fast, or it's not dodging, it's preparing to get hit !

Also why is this very important topic in feedback? When will mods and admins finally understand that are matters of importance and urgency that needs to be viewed by the forum section where most people are. You can say "but DE will look in feedback more frequently than in general". NO. That´s just wrong. It´s like hiding a very important news in a sub-new sections of a newspaper when it should be on the top cover site. Jeez forum mods sometimes...

Okay, just watched the stream, and while it isn't perfect, it sure is a lot better!

However, what I'm saying in this thread still stands... :/

Also why is this very important topic in feedback? When will mods and admins finally understand that are matters of importance and urgency that needs to be viewed by the forum section where most people are. You can say "but DE will look in feedback more frequently than in general". NO. That´s just wrong. It´s like hiding a very important news in a sub-new sections of a newspaper when it should be on the top cover site. Jeez forum mods sometimes...

They don't really understand the issue : they apply the rules, but everyone knows that everyone sits in the General Discussion.... :/

We need to make something to get people out of it & look somewhere else too!

ROLLING

I personally use this move A LOT because it allows me to go faster in Stealth playthroughs than crouch walking (we could have a way to move silently & fast aswell, but I don't have any good idea yet)

However most of us encounter this after a high jump,so they want it to be cancellable.

Cancelling rolling has been in the game since day one.

Press back and you will land in place.

Roll the camera to any direction that is not forward and the warframe will roll in that direction. That means that as you are falling, if you look to the right he will roll to the right. I think pressing right will also work, i think.

Do people actually still not know this?

After watching the stream we can say the maneuvers OP stated are not part of parkour 2.0, at least in its frist iteration.

*cries in a corner*

After a second watch, they said this :

• All the dodges got smoothed out, sped up, and extended the distance traveled. You can also dodge in the air as well!

Need to see dis in action... Hopefully it won't be just a speed up though.

After a second watch, they said this :

• All the dodges got smoothed out, sped up, and extended the distance traveled. You can also dodge in the air as well!

Need to see dis in action... Hopefully it won't be just a speed up though.

Do you have the timestamp?, I guess i missed it.