Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U17 Hype Threadnaught [Queue The Mariachi Band Edition]

Letter13

I think that people are underestimating how awesome parkour 2.0 is going to be. I think everyone will love it.

I'm of this opinion as well. I have not actively played Warframe since U16 dropped, and I believe this will be a great update. Aside from a decent bit of content dropping, there are pretty major reworks and add-ons to systems that need it. Parkour, new way to play with archwings, new kubrow, new frame, likely an event. There's going to be a lot to do in comparison to U16 where the goal was get Chroma, try PvP and the Trial, and then Simaris' stuff. Stuff lasted me like a week and the only reason it did that is because of the grind it took to get chroma.

Personally, I feel like this update will add a lot to the game. Enough to keep some busy for over a month at least. Honestly, I think I might get in and feel a little overwhelmed, haha. I don't see this as a problem, though.

I think that people are underestimating how awesome parkour 2.0 is going to be. I think everyone will love it.

Whether you love it or hate it, it will at least give you a legitimate reason to play the game again - just to acclimate to the changes and get used to using Parkour 2.0 on each of the tilesets.

And this is, how I, as a console tenno, will watch the Update 17 YouTube Videos of Mogamu, Rob and Co., while waiting a month for console release:

n9nlhaem.gif

People still watch Mogamu? After his "review" of Nether he lost any form of credibility from me.

People still watch Mogamu? After his "review" of Nether he lost any form of credibility from me.

Mogamu has really great reviews, tbh. Nether had a lot of issues. In general, Survival games are either bad or very largely bad. Very rare ones are okay. Nether wasn't a great one. From anything I saw, it seemed buggy and pretty subpar. I wouldn't judge his entire channel on one review on a game that is very minorly popular.

Nether was... pretty bad... there's a reason it died. Regardless of what reasons mogamu might have had (when he made his review the game was already in what most people considered nethers dying breath), it's one of the very few games I regret buying.

I think noone knows if it will be awesome or a total fail.

Archwing was hyped by the community too and what we have at the moment isn´t that good.

Mogamu has really great reviews, tbh. Nether had a lot of issues. In general, Survival games are either bad or very largely bad. Very rare ones are okay. Nether wasn't a great one. From anything I saw, it seemed buggy and pretty subpar. I wouldn't judge his entire channel on one review on a game that is very minorly popular.

Nether was... pretty bad... there's a reason it died. Regardless of what reasons mogamu might have had (when he made his review the game was already in what most people considered nethers dying breath), it's one of the very few games I regret buying.

I understand Nether wasn't the best, but if you can legitely sit here and tell me his review of it wasn't a giant piece of S#&$, you are stupid. "Oh you have to be more scared of people then enemies" "Oh I don't like the mechanic of the enemies that makes this game more unique then the other games of the genre"

I understand Nether wasn't the best, but if you can legitely sit here and tell me his review of it wasn't a giant piece of S#&$, you are stupid. "Oh you have to be more scared of people then enemies" "Oh I don't like the mechanic of the enemies that makes this game more unique then the other games of the genre"

A good game will have you just as worried on both fronts. The tension is high and keeps you on edge. He was right there. I'm not sure what part of the video that unique mechanic is at, but he made more than just two points. You are just making it a bigger deal than it is. This is also really off topic and only serves to flame. If you have a problem with him, that's fine. If you have bad reasoning, whatever, but keep it to yourself.

So, with Update 17, will the Archwing controller bug be fixed? I'm a PC tenno, but never enjoyed mouse & Keyboard, so I use an Xbox 360 controller, with the controls mapped to what they are set for consoles, which is with sprint on left bumper, crouch on left stick press. However, as I'm sure you know, any changes made to the control scheme refuse to translate to Archwing, leaving me moving at a lazy, floating pace while my team soars through space as fast as they can. Unfortunately, because of this, I havnt been willing to play much archwing to level it or get an abundance of mods for it. 

A good game will have you just as worried on both fronts. The tension is high and keeps you on edge. He was right there. I'm not sure what part of the video that unique mechanic is at, but he made more than just two points. You are just making it a bigger deal than it is. This is also really off topic and only serves to flame. If you have a problem with him, that's fine. If you have bad reasoning, whatever, but keep it to yourself.

"The PVP has major issues. It's very much Kill on Sight" Like any other survival multiplayer game? "The monsters teleport" You know, the mechanic to separate it's enemies from other games. When I played they gave me more issues then people. If anyone defends Mogamu for that video they do it out of fandom. 

Edited by Kord227

They are focusing FAR too much on parkour, I am not even that excited for it, they didnt even decrease amount of buttons will be pressing in new parkour system, wall hoping is even worse then previous wallruning, at least previously I could focus on shoting enemies instead on pressing space to keep hoping....

what I was excited for was sharkwing, but seeing that they are ignoring it in the hype site for more parkour implies this update is all about parkour and everything else is on the sides :(

if pressing space bar is "too many buttons" please go back to flappy birds and leave the space ninja'ing to those that can press more than 1 button at a time.

Most of the time I am running around with 3-4 buttons pressed at least (direction, sprint, crouch, jump, fire, ect) the idea of parkour is to decrease this to directional and a space bar. It also gives you a lot more control over our movement.

Aim glide should let you focus on shooting while in the air, how can you not get hyped about that.

So, with Update 17, will the Archwing controller bug be fixed? I'm a PC tenno, but never enjoyed mouse & Keyboard, so I use an Xbox 360 controller, with the controls mapped to what they are set for consoles, which is with sprint on left bumper, crouch on left stick press. However, as I'm sure you know, any changes made to the control scheme refuse to translate to Archwing, leaving me moving at a lazy, floating pace while my team soars through space as fast as they can. Unfortunately, because of this, I havnt been willing to play much archwing to level it or get an abundance of mods for it. 

hmm? i use an xbox controller too and im one of the better flyers. Maby you should start a thread on what the best xbox controller keybinding for archwing. Its not a bug its just either your keybindings are messed up or you dont know what they are set to.