Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Worst Enemy Type Ever!

TheBrsrkr

What's the worst type of enemy you've ever faced in any game excluding bosses? Things like the exploding babies in Dead Space 2, the Flood wallclingers in Halo 3, any crawling enemy in a zombie game.....

Mine would be Threshers in Borderlands 2. Tiny crit points, craploads of damage, crazy unavoidable (most times) CC, and by far the WORST, most OP badass form in the game.

Hmmm... maybe the ghosts in New Londo from the original Dark Souls?

They have quite the rep as being a nightmare, so maybe that's why they're the first thing that came to me. I'll amend it if I can think of anything better.

I'm gonna say the most annoying boss I've ever fought just to be different... The Lingering Will in Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix.

As for the original question... I would say Mimics on my first run through of Dark Souls, I didn't do box checks my first time. It made for a bad time. >.<

Worst type of enemy? Cazadores from New Vegas. High speed, high damage, armor ignore, DoT.
Black Headcrabs in Half Life 2 instantly reduce you to 1 hp.
Leapers from Dead Space. They are fast, they are unpredictable, they crawl walls and ceilings and you can never be sure if you REALLY killed one unless you unload a full clip into its body. It's a pure hell aiming at them using a gamepad as they, well, leap.
Castlevania, medusa heads. Also, bats, in earlier installments.

Worst type of enemy? Cazadores from New Vegas. High speed, high damage, armor ignore, DoT.

Black Headcrabs in Half Life 2 instantly reduce you to 1 hp.

Leapers from Dead Space. They are fast, they are unpredictable, they crawl walls and ceilings and you can never be sure if you REALLY killed one unless you unload a full clip into its body. It's a pure hell aiming at them using a gamepad as they, well, leap.

Castlevania, medusa heads. Also, bats, in earlier installments.

Freak in Medusa heads!!!

Hobgoblins from Destiny:

They are pure torture.

They have an ability that causes them to take no damage and restore health, their weapon is powerful as all hell.

ANY SHIELDED ENEMY FROM THE LORDS OF THE FALLEN.

THEY ARE THE WORST THINGS EVER. THEIR SHIELDS CAN NEVER BE BROKEN AND THEY TURN QUICKER THAN YOU CAN.

Invisible bugs from Resident Evil Revelation 2. They were not hard, but mildly annoying. Your companion can see them and point them out but the instructions are pretty vague, and when they get close to you, you die, instantly.

Threshers get my vote as well. Their spikes were almost impossible to avoid. Then came the Caustic Cavern.

Invisible bugs from Resident Evil Revelation 2. They were not hard, but mildly annoying. Your companion can see them and point them out but the instructions are pretty vague, and when they get close to you, you die, instantly.

The Reapers from Resident Evil 5 were even worse. They were fast and their only weakspot was their chest.

The Cerberus from God of War.

The Pain Elemental from DOOM.

I hate both these guys because they just keep shooting out little $#!%s.  DOOM's Pain Elemental is bad because I have to constantly get into a position to get a clear shot instead of wasting ammo on a freshly spawned minion.  God of War's Cerberus is worse because if I can't kill the little pups it spawns in time they just turn into another full grown Cerberus which in turn create their own pups...

...The fight can literally last forever.

Borderlands 2 Terramorphous and flesh enemies with fire resistance.

Dead Space Brutes and Alien Necromorphs.

Warframe Bombards and Toxic Ancients.

Assassin's Creed 4 Legendary Ships.

F.E.A.R. 3 Creep.

The Witcher 3 Hags.

And the "Most Annoying of All" reward goes to........

PAYDAY 2 Special Enemies (especially Cloakers, Tasers, and Bulldozers.)