Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Favorite Game Romance?

PsychedelicSnake

But she is so cute and.. stupid.

Why a rivalry romance?

A few reasons, but I'll simplify it to one. In a Friendship-based romance, I feel you encourage her on her quest, which in the end proves to be disastrous and desctructive. In a rivalry romance, you try to get her out of it and to move on. If you succeed, she admits she was wrong and happily moves on. I feel Merrill gets way more character development out of it, and she actually learns a lesson.

None.

Well actually no, I got one.

Jackie and Jenny from The Darkness.

Why?
Because it felt real to me. From their interactions, to their backstory and even in the second game I felt sad (and extremely angry) when they showed Jenny and what happens to her in the first game made me gasp. 

To me, no other game has captured that. Not Mass Effect, not Dragon Age and not even The Witcher. 

I'm sorry, but this is actually somethin' I wanna talk about. To me, the relationships in the three games above are nothing more but softcore pr0n. The only time I felt a proper connection was with Liara, and even then it only happens at rare moments and you have to have already romanced her in the previous games. Yet with Jenny, not one scene with nudity is shown and they were able to establish a realistic romance with just their interactions. 

Edited by TheErebus.

A few reasons, but I'll simplify it to one. In a Friendship-based romance, I feel you encourage her on her quest, which in the end proves to be disastrous and desctructive. In a rivalry romance, you try to get her out of it and to move on. If you succeed, she admits she was wrong and happily moves on. I feel Merrill gets way more character development out of it, and she actually learns a lesson.

Bruh im gonba do that in my 2nd play though that sounds interesting!

Male inquisitor and Dorian o///o

Bless