Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If: Void Keys Allowed Us To Choose A Mission Thats Always [T1/2/3/4]?

Institute-Marksman

Meh, the issues with proposals like this is that it might just as well be a question for more stuff like "just drop more void keys". DE is probably aware that different keys are in different demand depending on whats hot at the moment but through the current loot distribution they are forced to drop more keys so that evry demand is filled to the level DE sees as reasonable. If you change this mechanic around DE would have to reduce the number of key drops to keep the current level supply&demand (which if good design is hopefully intentonal and not something they want to mess with).

+1 to all.

Simplify the amount of keys grind, even when this could result in a lower droptable, is always good.

Give the players the sense of choices vía transmuting its even better.

To choose the mission between a whole tier is fantastic.

Just wait for next starchart.

Nope, terrible idea, as someone said above, it would just make the parts grind more grindy, as DE would have to shift all the grind to the parts. 

Having some of the grind be for keys and some for parts keeps up mission diversity - at least you have to do some of the grinding in different, sector maps sometimes.

And some grind there must be, because DE have to make the game, in order to make the game they have to eat and have a roof over their heads, in order to eat and have a roof over their heads, they have to make some money, in order to make some money they have to strike a balance between grind and instant gratification. 

Certainly if there's too much grind, it pisses people off and they leave; but on the other hand, if there's not enough grind, then the occasional fit of instant gratification is no longer necessary, and DE don't make money.

Guest (PS4)Baby0Shaq34

Nope, terrible idea, as someone said above, it would just make the parts grind more grindy, as DE would have to shift all the grind to the parts. 

Having some of the grind be for keys and some for parts keeps up mission diversity - at least you have to do some of the grinding in different, sector maps sometimes.

And some grind there must be, because DE have to make the game, in order to make the game they have to eat and have a roof over their heads, in order to eat and have a roof over their heads, they have to make some money, in order to make some money they have to strike a balance between grind and instant gratification. 

Certainly if there's too much grind, it pisses people off and they leave; but on the other hand, if there's not enough grind, then the occasional fit of instant gratification is no longer necessary, and DE don't make money.

NO!

It's a excellent idea. Stop with this"They need to eat and drink" bs.

Prime parts will still be grindy. Instead of grinding for 1 T4 Exterminate void key in a Interception mission that takes FOUR ROUNDS TO GET TO FOR ONE VOID KEY.

It will be a T4 Void Key.

In a way, this reminds me of Derelict keys.  Now, bear with me, I realise Derelict keys are not universal, BUT the Nav Co-ordinates are.  With the short build time on the Derelict keys you are pretty much swapping the Co-ordinates for the mission type you want as and when you need to. 

With the exception of assassinate keys there is no specific co-ordinate and there is no RNG in what key you get.  I don't see an issue with Void being the same idea of earning the key (equivalent to gathering co-ordinates) and then choosing the mission type you want to do (equivalent to building the Derelict key you want). 

Although it wouldn't surprise me if the 'Void explosion' we are to expect will mean that we start bringing keys as gear into starchart mission and determine the mission type that way.  Void missions would then have that starchart map hybrid that Sabotage trialed.

I don't understand what some people have against this.

This will not make DE increase the grind. You will still need the grind. It's just that, once you've got the desired key, you have more options.

I sincerely don't believe DE would make this game more grindy, just because we'd have more choice once we have the key.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

i wish they would just get rid of the need to use void keys in the first place it separates the community with key shares. im not one of those that dont have the keys to share i just dont like not helping people because of greed(key share). ive also never hosted a key share either if i have a key i take a group through.

The main problem with this is not with the idea itself, but the with the moves that DE would make to counter out the reduction in time cost of void grinding.

This would considerably reduce the time required to get a key. That's a good portion of the time cost of getting a prime item - and DE wants that cost to be high. Simple finances there - hard to sell something if it's easy to just go get.

Which means that there would need to be an offsetting cost. The massive stockpiles of keys already in the game means that just making keys harder to get is unlikely to be effective, since the existing stockpiles are big and get effectively bigger after the change.

That leaves them one obvious option - further reduce the drop rate of new items in the void itself.

The practical upshot is less time spent farming for keys, more time spent farming for parts with those keys.

I'd really rather farm for keys. At least there, I'm not stuck on one played out tileset the entire time.

I was Looking for the dark side in this( there had to be one), as much as I want to i can't support this key merging idea my friend, I'm sorry.

this part i find funny. Do you actually think DE only makes money off of Warframe? bwahaha for any company to only have one source of income would mean the certain fall of that company. im not one to complain about grind because eventually i will get what im looking for but for those that try to say the keys would make more grind for prime parts look at Derelict. you can make those keys and 2 missions from derelict have prime parts in them. RNG is RNG no matter the drop rate unless its 25-85% RNG is going to suck. the drop grind is a mute argument because it is already exists.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

If DE plans to get rid of the void i hope they instill this thougt process because it is awesome!, my throry was that they would make void missions similar to sabotage (just the gates) and you would take a key into a normal mission to get through but i dont want to have to find all the exterminate nodes just so i can do a survival because i dont want to do a forced back to back survival on the planet and the void.

[size=7]+1[/size]

• 4 weeks later...