Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If: Void Keys Allowed Us To Choose A Mission Thats Always [T1/2/3/4]?

Institute-Marksman

I discussed this with my stepbrother when we were at someone's birthday, thinking about Warframe.
You see, normally, to play a T4 DEFENSE, you need a T4 DEFENSE key(very intensive, specific key farming and hoarding of keys you don't use go hand-in-hand).

What we came up with: you would only need a T4 KEY, and then you select(from all gametypes) the one you want.

TL;DR

Idea:
A T1 key gives you access to play a single mission of your choice from all Void missions ranked T1. Same goes for T2,3 and 4.

Pros:
-Decreases the hoard of Void keys everyTenno has, because keys are more useful.
-Decreases farming behaviour and accompanied farming rants.

Cons:
-None, just keeping my options open.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

I discussed this with my stepbrother when we were at someone's birthday, thinking about Warframe.

You see, normally, to play a T4 DEFENSE, you need a T4 DEFENSE key(very intensive, specific key farming and hoarding of keys you don't use go hand-in-hand).

What we came up with: you would only need a T4 KEY, and then you select(from all gametypes) the one you want.

TL;DR

Idea:

A Tower 4 key no longer gives you access to just one mission, but instead opens a list of Void missions all ranked T4(same goes for T1,2 and 3).

Massive +1. This is brilliant.

TL;DR

Idea:

A Tower 4 key no longer gives you access to just one mission, but instead opens a list of Void missions all ranked T4(same goes for T1,2 and 3).

clap clap clap clap clap

Well, you'd likely need to make it cost more then one for higher rank missions (T1 equivalent needs 1 key, T4 requires 4).

And even then you'd be looking at reductions in drop rates even for very rare items, since key farming stops being such a time cost, and that needs to be made back somewhere.

Personally, I just want the void to go boom.

Well, you'd likely need to make it cost more then one for higher rank missions (T1 equivalent needs 1 key, T4 requires 4).

And even then you'd be looking at reductions in drop rates even for very rare items, since key farming stops being such a time cost, and that needs to be made back somewhere.

Not sure where you're going, but you must see a problem I am unaware of.

I am pretty sure he is suggesting that getting a T1 key would let you play and T1 mission. Getting a T2 key would let you play any T2 mission, and so on. He didn't seem to be suggesting T1 keys should let you into T4.

I am pretty sure he is suggesting that getting a T1 key would let you play and T1 mission. Getting a T2 key would let you play any T2 mission, and so on. He didn't seem to be suggesting T1 keys should let you into T4.

D'Oh. 

Apologies OP, wasn't paying attention and epically failed to understand.

TL;DR

Idea:

Pros:

-Decreases the hoard of Void keys everyTenno has.

-Decreases farming behaviour and accompanied farming rants.

Cons:

+1

If this goes into effect, then T4 keys should be much more difficult to get. Seems like T4's are easier to come by than T3's, and this would trivialize how difficult it is to farm the T3 keys you need.

It would also benefit many players, like myself, to a far greater degree than other newer players. I went through all six syndicates to get Syandanas and Weapons, and when I cashed out of one, I used all of my standing from every level to get keys, which was before they changed it from a fixed kind of keys. I have between the fewest 18 (Intercept) and the most 60+ (Defense) T4 keys. 

What if, instead of modifying keys that we already have in circulation, a new Skeleton/Master Key system were integrated that did the same thing?

EDIT: NVM. I misunderstood the OP. Disregard.

Edited by (PS4)Fenrushak

RNG will still exist even if we use this system. I wouldn't be surprised that if this would be implemented, keys would become harder to farm since the rare Prime parts could be farmed from a specific spot easily. Adding keys like this would make it easier to farm keys, but the RNG of the Void will still be there. I still like the idea though.

The main problem with this is not with the idea itself, but the with the moves that DE would make to counter out the reduction in time cost of void grinding.

This would considerably reduce the time required to get a key.  That's a good portion of the time cost of getting a prime item - and DE wants that cost to be high.  Simple finances there - hard to sell something if it's easy to just go get.

Which means that there would need to be an offsetting cost.  The massive stockpiles of keys already in the game means that just making keys harder to get is unlikely to be effective, since the existing stockpiles are big and get effectively bigger after the change.

That leaves them one obvious option - further reduce the drop rate of new items in the void itself.

The practical upshot is less time spent farming for keys, more time spent farming for parts with those keys.

I'd really rather farm for keys.  At least there, I'm not stuck on one played out tileset the entire time.

I agree that there is massive void key bloat. I have very vocally said I hate complexity just for complexities' sake. It does nothing to improve the user experience. I totally support making universal tier keys based on their level.

Cons:

I love this part.

Yeah, I really like this idea. Not only would it make for less keys to be out there to be DROPPED, and give more utility to seldom-used keys, it would also make more sense lore-wise. I mean, why do we have a "T1 Capture" key? Did the tower know we were going to do a Capture mission in there, and make the key accordingly? When you think about that, having the keys be sorted solely by tower tier, not mission, makes a lot more sense.

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness