Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr...should Some Of Her Powers Get Looked At Again?

sakuraphenix

Mainly her final ability. I feel that it is a bit unfair that excals final is so much better seeing that valkyr is a mele unit. Valkyr and excals final are both influenced by their mele weapon yet excal's final not only has insane reach but is also affected by the syndacate mele weapon augments by being able to have the proc explosion as if the mele weapon was equipped. Why can valkyrs final at least have that ability? Personally i think valkyrs final should send out a very short ranged shockwave like excal just with no extreme range. What do you guys think. I think that the old frames need a second look over.

Wrong section and you doubled the topic by accident.

That said I play her a lot and I think they need to just fix her up a little bit. I only use hysteria for health regen as her number two (especially with eternal war) is vastly superior and much more on par with Excal.

My ideal setup for her:
1. Ripline (Now just makes her jump insanely far instead of having to actually hit a surface and swing)
2. Paralysis (sweeps in a circle with melee to paralyze enemies) 
3. War Cry (being mapped to three makes way more sense to me)
4. Hysteria (uses her melee weapon instead of her claws, can be toggled off, however cannot be recast until the 'duration' is up to make it fair)

Edited by Sapphic-Sandra

Hysteria is just fine this way

No, hysteria is a poor man's EB.

Complete godmode should be removed and have the ability buffed considerably to be worthy.

She's a beserker frame yet lacks the most common berserker trait, she get's stronger the angrier she gets.

No, hysteria is a poor man's EB.

Complete godmode should be removed and have the ability buffed considerably to be worthy.

She's a beserker frame yet lacks the most common berserker trait, she get's stronger the angrier she gets.

Enough anger makes her invincible, with high attack speed.

Ripline is absolutely useless at the moment.  

Meh, i like it. I use it when there's Mesa in the squad taking away all the fun :P 

Its a mobility power, don't expect it to be powerful. Its like switch teleport.

1) No, hysteria is a poor man's EB.

2) Complete godmode should be removed and have the ability buffed considerably to be worthy.

3) She's a beserker frame yet lacks the most common berserker trait, she get's stronger the angrier she gets.

1) Those two ultimate's can't be compared and have no relation to each other, so no.  Wrong.

2) It's not godmode and it is not "complete".  You can die while trying to switch to hysteria and you can die right after it wears off.  Temporary invincibility, yes.  Godmode, no.  Buffing it would make this power too powerful overall, so no.

3) Say's who?  There are many ways to implement a berserker concept, and this is the way DE decided to do it.  Again, no.

Edited by VampirePirate

1) Those two ultimate's can't be compared and have no relation to each other, so no.  Wrong.

2) It's not godmode and it is not "complete".  You can die while trying to switch to hysteria and you can die right after it wears off.  Temporary invincibility, yes.  Godmode, no.  Buffing it would make this power too powerful overall, so no.

3) Say's who?  There are many ways to implement a berserker concept, and this is the way DE decided to do it.  Again, no.

1.They're both melee based ultimates which the user manifest energy weapons to fight with.

-both have unique stances of thier own

-Both have a form of melee scaling

-both are affected by melee counter

They can be compared. DE even said EB would be similar ot hysteria when it was first shown.

2. And exactly my point, her invincibilty should be removed and the ability buffed considerably to compensate. Excalibur and Chroma both demonstrate that you don't need invulnerability to be a viable melee frame at high levels.

3.Just because that's DE concept of  a beserker, that does not put it above criticism or suggestions of improving it.

Enough anger makes her invincible, with high attack speed.

Hysetria claws have a base 1.0 attack speed. Pretty much standard melee speed. It only reaches high with warcry and beserker.

Edited by Buzkyl

Mainly her final ability. I feel that it is a bit unfair that excals final is so much better seeing that valkyr is a mele unit. Valkyr and excals final are both influenced by their mele weapon yet excal's final not only has insane reach but is also affected by the syndacate mele weapon augments by being able to have the proc explosion as if the mele weapon was equipped. Why can valkyrs final at least have that ability? Personally i think valkyrs final should send out a very short ranged shockwave like excal just with no extreme range. What do you guys think. I think that the old frames need a second look over.

But Valkyr's Hysteria not only blocks all damage but also heals her for a portion of the damage she does and makes the shield loss of Paralysis worth it.... I feel hysteria is just fine the way it is.... In fact I just did a match where I was out with an Excalibur and we were actually pretty par with each other the whole time.... Yes, Excal's range can get a bit irritating but Valkyr has ridiculous mobility and attack speed which can still be boosted by Warcry (if I ever actually used it.... I don't really like passive abilities that have to be activated....) I do think Ripline should be replaced.... As an offensive move, I feel it's far too hard to aim and as a mobility move I feel it cuts off far too soon...... I think, even if they decided not to remove Ripline, it could do with not disappearing until you are 3/4 of the way through the line and you could recast it before then if you wanted to let it go sooner....

Yes i think her kit could definitely use an update, as much as people might say otherwise her kit feels dated in todays Warframe and some of her skills are meh.

I agree though at the same time I don't think a complete rework is needed just some small changes could be all that is needed (like maybe mods not melee weapon effecting hysteria and allowing elemental combos to effect it as well).

Yeah, I feel like while in Hysteria, she should get a ridiculous armor buff, but still take damage, but the more damage she takes faster and more powerful her attacks are. Kinda like Vex Armor. She should still keep a bit of life steal because that's the main reason I use it now and nothing sucks more than going full rage mode and being shut down by some a**hole sniper/bombard/heavy gunner. Valky is my main frame but she's only so useful when it comes to endgame. Ripline is not fun to aim, Paralysis is underwhelming, Warcry however is fabulous. Put on a weapon with high melee speed, fury, beserker, then Warcry and you're an unstoppable torrent of blades. This is kinda what I feel Hysteria should feel like.

Edited by (XB1)TsK x BraVo