Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guide To Orokin Derelict Missions: Vaults, Dragon Keys, Etc...

(PSN)Crackle2012

Question

-- Orokin Derelict Mission + Vault / Dragon Key Guide --

What is a Derelict Mission?

Derelict missions: are accessed by a key that is craftable with common materials.  The blueprint for these mission keys can be found in the In-game Market → Gear → Keys & purchased for credits!  

**Important**  All Derelict Missions have vaults where corrupt mods can be obtained except for "Orokin Derelict Defense" & The "Orokin Derelict Assassinate" missions.

Why should I buy the derelict defense and assassinate if they don’t contain vaults?:

-Derelict Defenses are good for farming Affinity (Exp) and Nano Spores / the occasional Orokin Cell!

-Derelict Assassinate missions are where Lephantis lurks.  Upon killing him and extracting you will receive a piece of the Nekros Warframe! (Helmet/Chassis/Systems)

-Prime Components & Blueprints - Some Derelict missions harbor some of the sacred "Prime" components / Blueprints for certain Prime weapons and Prime Warframes!  

See all PC Prime Part drop locations Here!  (Scroll to the very bottom of the list)

See all PS4 Prime Part drop locations Here!  (Scroll to the very bottom of the list)

See all XB1 Prime Part drop locations Here!  (Scroll to the very bottom of the list)

Note:  The reason there are 3 different links for the prime part locations above:  All 3 platforms are not always on the same version / update.  With some updates, Prime blueprints / Parts get shuffled around in regards to "where they can drop".  

Given that the versions are the same or close enough together on PC and Consoles, the drop tables will or "should" remain exactly the same on all platforms!

About Dragon Keys:

There are 4 different Dragon Keys:

-Decaying:  Decreases Shields by 75%

-Extinguished:  Decreases Damage by 75%

-Bleeding:  Decreases Health by 75 %

-Hobbled:  Decreases Movement Speed by 50% --  (Don't let the fact that this key is the only one that isnt a 75% decrease fool you!!!  It is absolutely the most horrid key to run with if you are going to run with a slower frame aside from maybe the Extinguished key (-75% damage)!!!  

-All Four Dragon Key Blueprints can be purchased in the in-game market for credits and then crafted in the Foundry.  To craft a dragon key, it will cost some credits plus a regular Void key of any Tier/Mission type (T1- T4).

-The way Dragon keys work:  You can only equip 1 dragon key in your gear slot at any given time.  So if you go solo with one of these keys, you have a 25% chance that when/if you find the vault door (Pic inc), you will be able to open it!  (It is totally random which key the vault door will require!)

Dragon Key Tips:

-Tip #1:  Take 4 people - each with different dragon keys equipped!  This will give you a 100% chance at opening the vault door.  Extract after completing the mission successfully and you and your squad will be rewarded with a "Corrupt Mod". 

-Tip #2:  When using the Hobbled Key: Parkour alot! (wall run.. slide, roll, directional melee)  I would also recommend a frame with a very fast sprint speed (Loki / Loki Prime)  and perhaps the Sprint Boost Aura / other speed mods.  Volt with his Speed plus a power strength / duration build isn't bad either!)

**I am not sure how the Hobbled Key effects players when using Parkour 2.0 (Bullet jumps, aim glides, etc.. yet, but I will run some soon and find out!**

-Tip #3 - If you want to chance it and run the vaults solo for a 25% chance at opening the door:  I recommend either a fast frame with a Hobbled Key and mods to offset the speed decrease, or the Decaying key (decreases shields), as you will be fighting infested creatures in the derelict missions, and they are notorious for hitting you with toxin Dots/Auras (Health damage over time), which will bypass your shields anyway!

What does the Orokin Derelict Vault look like?

Below are 2 images of what to look for in the derelict when you are searching for a "Orokin Derelict Vault"

The first image shows the vault door-  

(Notice that the Symbol on the door matches the red symbol in the top right hand of my screen.)  - This means that I am carrying the correct key and I must open the vault.

Each of the 4 dragon keys have different symbols that they will display in the top right of the HUD to let you know you are debuffed, and so that you can see if it matches the symbol on the door.

ozCcSmK.jpg

The following is a picture of the inside of the vault:

UEP2LxO.jpg

**IMPORTANT** :  You must pick up the glowing artifact you see above in order for your squad to receive a corrupted mod upon extracting!

BE CAREFUL! - Once you open the door and pick this up, you will receive another dragon key debuff and the remaining infested will turn into corrupted enemies. (What you fight in Void Tower missions, and are generally much tougher, as they are a combination of all 3 factions.)

Tip #1:  If you are running an exterminate mission, clear all of the infested out before you open the vault as to keep any of them from changing into corrupted enemies!

Tip #2:  Once you open a vault door and grab the glowing ball on the pedestal inside, you will be debuffed again with another dragon key effect, so I usually recommend that the person with the extinguished key (-75% damage) pick it up.  

It isn't going to be nearly as bad for them to do less damage by -150% (if it happens to be another extinguished debuff) or be hobbled, have less shields / health.  Trust me, you do not want to be hobbled twice.  I've been hobbled twice and it is AWFUL! Lol! 

Tip #3: I normally run a healer type warframe (Oberon or Trinity) if I am going to be the one carrying the -75% Damage Key!

Note: All of the above tips are just my personal preferences / what I find the easiest.  With that said, "Vault runs" as you will see them posted in recruiting chat, are totally doable in any way you choose, and this is totally up to you!

What is a Corrupt Mod?

-Corrupt mods have 2 stats like Nightmare mods, but one stat is + (positive) and one stat is - (negative).  Nightmare mods come from any nightmare mission upon completion (including the 3 stages of the Nightmare version of the Trial of Retribution) & are always have 2 positive stats.  

-The main benefit of Corrupted mods is that the up-side on them is WAY higher than anything you will see on a normal mod or even a nightmare mod. To balance things out, Corrupt Mods make you sacrifice something in one area in exchange for a significantly higher stat boost in another area.

Tip: Clever mod combinations can make Corrupted mods extremely powerful!

For instance:

-Stretch (normal mod) = 45% power range at max rank

-Overextended (Corrupted mod) = + 90% Power range at max rank at the cost of reducing your power strength by 60%  

-Blind Rage (Corrupted mod) = + 99% power strength at max rank at the cost of reducing your power efficiency by 55%

See where I am going with the above? :-)

Perhaps the most important thing in this entire guide:

When you're done in the Derelicts, don't forget to un-equip your dragon key!  

-Sometimes you will run a Derelict mission, or even several... and the key that you have equipped is never the one the door requires.  So then you take a break.  When you come back you totally forget about the dragon key and you load into a normal mission and wonder why you are doing absolutely no damage, or walking like someone just hit you with a horse tranquilizer! Lol!  --

Trust me, we have all left a dragon key equipped at one time or another, and realized about 2-5 minutes into a mission that something was horribly broken/wrong.... then we realize we have a "dragon key" equipped haha...  :-)  I still do it to this day, quite a bit more often than I'd like.....

Soooo again, like I said above: Try to remember to un-equip the dragon key right after you're done with a Derelict mission run! :-)

Edited by (PS4)Crackle2012
Added a new section with pictures of the vault, what it looks like when you have a dragon key equipped etc...

19 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, HankSnake said:

So, how much of this is actually completely outdated and obsolete?

Please don't necro topics that have lain dormant for multiple years lol.

If you're after current info on how stuff works, then besides recent topics / just making one to ask questions in,
you can always swing by the Wiki, the info on there is continuously being updated:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

Edited by NinjaZeku