Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Natah Quest. Seriously.... A Quest We May Never Get To Complete.

Stormandreas

Sure, running ocean missions "supposedly" increases your chances of running into them.

I've been at this for nearly 200 different runs of pretty much every submersible node on the planet, I can even build equinox three times over.

I've tried running solo, with friends, with high level gear, with low level gear, and still nothing.

I till have yet to get any flickering lights or sounds that aren't a syndicate or stalker attack.

DE really needs to make a way to make the occulyst spawn 100% or something.

• 1 month later...

I didn't see them for the first 5 equinoxes grind runs, but I have seen them every run since, seriously has anyone not found them yet?

I managed to get my first oculyst yesterday even though I ran multiple Uranus missions per day to try to get it to spawn.

Thats what?  4 months after their introduction of running multiple Uranus missions daily of all sorts to get a single spawn.

RNG in this game can suck hard.

And they really shouldn't put something like this behind RNG like that.

Aren't these quests(esp Nata) supposed to be played/encountered as you play/progress on the game and not to be obtained right away to quickly finish the new content? For long term play time purposes

Honestly, some people are just impatient and wants to mow down new contents quickly then whine because of the few content warframe had.

Maybe DE will increase the spawn rate of those Oculyst,or even spread out their appearances throughout the systems in accordance with the incoming new quest, we dont know YET.

Edited by KuzkinaMat

I managed to get my first oculyst yesterday even though I ran multiple Uranus missions per day to try to get it to spawn.

Thats what? 4 months after their introduction of running multiple Uranus missions daily of all sorts to get a single spawn.

RNG in this game can suck hard.

And they really shouldn't put something like this behind RNG like that.

Rng can suck, but it keeps us playing

Aren't these quests(esp Nata) supposed to be played/encountered as you play/progress on the game and not to be obtained right away to quickly finish the new content? For long term play time purposes

Honestly, some people are just impatient and wants to mow down new contents quickly then whine because of the few content warframe had.

Maybe DE will increase the spawn rate of those Oculyst,or even spread out their appearances throughout the systems in accordance with the incoming new quest, we dont know YET.

yea~ hopefully this is true. But I was hoping the same would be true for archwing. We still have'nt seen that questline get any kind of improvement of RNG or some of the difficult steps taken out. The grind made some sense in the early days of archwings release but now. They should drag down the difficulty scale by half. Give new players a easier chance to catchup.

• 1 month later...

You do have to think in terms of new players too. As people who just got the update, we think "NEW CONTENT NEW CONTENT" and want access to it immediately. This is normal, new content is exciting. But DE isn't just implementing a new cutscene for us, it's a new quest for all players, forever. Think about a player that just starts playing today. The Natah quest can start at mastery 3 and above, so he has some time to get used to the game. The quest being random, for this new player, means it's actually a lot more interesting. He probably doesn't know about the quest, or know that it's new, he's busy realizing everything else about the game for the first time. Maybe he does a handful of missions before getting it, maybe he's at mastery 5 by the time it hits. Either way, he suddenly discovers these strange blue things out of nowhere and is thrown unexpectedly into a new narrative about the strange lady who woke him up.

You gotta remember they're not adding content for us to play once and be done with when they update, they're adding it to the game as a permanent addition. Try to stop seeking out new stuff like a holy grail every update, just keep playing the game like normal and let it happen naturally. If you have to wait a day or two for something, no biggie, the game isn't going anywhere.

this exactly. so much this. i got this quest the day i hit MR3, knowing nothing about it and just learning to use my scanner. i scan this weird blue thing ive never seen before and suddenly a quest! i was excited about the story of the quest, i was able to complete the quest in less than a day, and now i can use exilus adapters. cool for me, but i didnt realize until after how many cryhards apparently hate this quest. thing is, i bet every cryhard that complained about this quest has already completed it by now. how demoralizing would it be for a game developer to put all the work it took into making this and implementing such a cool idea for story development, only to be met with such loathing from their demographic. take take take, for free mind you, and spit on the people you're taking from. what disgusting behavior

this exactly. so much this. i got this quest the day i hit MR3, knowing nothing about it and just learning to use my scanner. i scan this weird blue thing ive never seen before and suddenly a quest! i was excited about the story of the quest, i was able to complete the quest in less than a day, and now i can use exilus adapters. cool for me, but i didnt realize until after how many cryhards apparently hate this quest. thing is, i bet every cryhard that complained about this quest has already completed it by now. how demoralizing would it be for a game developer to put all the work it took into making this and implementing such a cool idea for story development, only to be met with such loathing from their demographic. take take take, for free mind you, and spit on the people you're taking from. what disgusting behavior

F2P breeds entitlement.

They spawn in pretty much every uranus mission I play.

Like, seriously, there is a LOT of problems with rng in this game. But Oculist spawn rate is definitely not one of them.

They appear more and more the most Uranus missions you complete. So stress not. You'll get it. And quite soon indeed.

I second this.

Damn. I'm rank 16 and jumped off of my chair when I saw one. I didn't knew what it was. How interesting. To be honest, I find this method to get a quest very interesting, because it doesn't seemed programmed. It doesn't seem "here, take. A bit of lore for you". It seems as if you happen to find one of those things by mere chance, and that started an enormous amount of happenings beyond your control. It was interesting.

But no. No matter if this is free to play, you have to have it, instantaneously. Like, goddamit. These game has a lot of flaws, some more subjective than others. But empty complaining about something that was given to you is ludicrous.

I love the forge system. I love how you don't have to pay for every gun you own. I love how you can get the real life currency by trades. It gives a shot to everyone, despite their economic situation. And yes, some times the grind is so intense it makes me want to shove a fork in my eyes. But damn, it's there, it's possible, and its free.

Like, complaining about the (lack of) balance of equipment is good. It's productive, most of the times. But asking for something to be handed to you even faster than it already is is ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the drones are common.

I've been trying to trigger the quest all day, because I care about the lore.

I don't know how many runs I did.

But it was my day off, and I literally played all day, and couldn't start it. I needed the drones apparently, so that I can do the Second Dream quest.

But it won't happen.
So I said, screw it, I'll just watch the Second Dream cutscenes on YouTube, and that's what I did.
12 hours of grinding... to see little more than 12 mins of cutscene.

Has anyone managed to figure out how to get this drone thing to find you yet (i know it's not been long but still)

A quest, that just randomly appears for players over mastery 3, just isn't right. Hell, some people might NEVER get the chance to complete it then if they are unlucky.

DE, Change it so we can initiate the quest ourselves. I want to complete it but am completely unable to because there's no way to even start it.

Wierd.

I saw it in 45 seconds of my first Uranus mission. Perhaps some calm and you'll notice the one in the front of your screen?

The screen flickers at the start of the mission only, least that's the only time I has ever flickered for me, always run the sea lab (submersible missions) and you'll find it in no time at all. Just check the whole map cause my first encounter was a survival and they were way on the outer edge of the map in a mid sized room, way out of the way.

Sure, running ocean missions "supposedly" increases your chances of running into them.

I've been at this for nearly 200 different runs of pretty much every submersible node on the planet, I can even build equinox three times over.

I've tried running solo, with friends, with high level gear, with low level gear, and still nothing.

I till have yet to get any flickering lights or sounds that aren't a syndicate or stalker attack.

DE really needs to make a way to make the occulyst spawn 100% or something.

You are the unluckiest dude in the internet, good Sir.

No, seriously doing the lowest level survival mission on Uranus (sry forgot the node name) you should get vistitors 8 of 10 times within the first 5 minutes. Be shure to have scaners equiped.

I feel really sorry for you man.

We farmed for Equinox last night. Out of 25 runs, we found I believe 15 of these.

Yet way back when we did the Natah quest, it took us about 40 runs over the course of a couple hours to find two.

I think it artificially inflates the chances if you have the quest, honestly.

Edited by ShadesofWhites

Wierd.

I saw it in 45 seconds of my first Uranus mission. Perhaps some calm and you'll notice the one in the front of your screen?

Even when calm it took me 4 months to get the first occulyst.

4 months for an important piece of lore and nice quest.

And that's because some people are unlucky.

Even then since my first sighting of them on uranus I've only encountered them on the moon tilesets.

Outside of the moon I have not ran into a another Occulyst at all.

And this is how long after the quest was released?  And I've only seend one in the tileset that you have to look in for it.

You are the unluckiest dude in the internet, good Sir.

No, seriously doing the lowest level survival mission on Uranus (sry forgot the node name) you should get vistitors 8 of 10 times within the first 5 minutes. Be shure to have scaners equiped.

I feel really sorry for you man.

Some of my friends were in the same boat.

Thankfully I was able to drag them to the moon where they spawn every mission so that they were finally able to start the quest.

I understand not allowing players to just rush the lore and get done in a day.

But seriously, when the odds happen that a player can go 4 months of running uranus missions daily (and scouring every single room mind you) before running into their first occulyst that's just fracked up.

I'm less salty over it now that I was able to experience the lore, but I seriously hope DE doesn't do another "You have nearly a zero percent chance to be able to start this quest/lore!" again.

It sucked and just made me angry at the game instead of making me interested in getting the mission.

Because nothing I did made it easier to do the quest.

I couldn't work towards it.  Just rely on pure RNG.

And normally my RNG isn't bad...I mean I get tons of rare prime parts when I go hunting for them.

This quest though sucked trying to get it.

Where do i get the key for the natah quest, i cant find it anywhere!!!

If you want to do the Natah quest you have one option:

Run submersible uranus missions and hope that an Occulyst randomly spawns and then scan it before it leaves.

Don't get your hopes up on being able to get it to spawn in a reasonable time-frame though.