Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Heavy Spoilers] The Natah Quest Revelation (Now With Pictures)

Kaokasalis

My jaw has still to get back up from the floor.

The only thing I'm kind of slightly disappointed at is this:

How the Sentient is portrayed - basically another Lotus-masked person, only made of fire and ash and with a male voice.

That's different from the Sentients that we saw in the Tombs of the Sentients trailer.

Explanations will be found, of course, but this surprised me.

Other than that, I'm glad I played the quest. And sad, because it didn't last long.

Edited by Vintovka

This is a huge middle finger to all the #deathtothelotus followers, and I'm glad. People mistrusting her for random reasons... She saved us. Without her, we would be dead. However, her objective is a tiny bit questionable. Natah wanted her own children? Huh. Also, what's with the speculation that she's a Sentient. We don't have definite proof that she is one, unless somebody does. Which in that case, I'll admit to being an idiot. But still. #SpaceMama. 

This is a huge middle finger to all the #deathtothelotus followers, and I'm glad. People mistrusting her for random reasons... She saved us. Without her, we would be dead. However, her objective is a tiny bit questionable. Natah wanted her own children? Huh. Also, what's with the speculation that she's a Sentient. We don't have definite proof that she is one, unless somebody does. Which in that case, I'll admit to being an idiot. But still. #SpaceMama. 

Er, its basically stated in the questline.  She's the daughter of the sentient in the tomb, and it warns that the other wanted to reclaim her.  

What was up with Mirage's death, then?  Even there, Lotus seems opposed to the Sentient as a whole.

All part of the sequence?

Also, what's with the speculation that she's a Sentient. We don't have definite proof that she is one, unless somebody does. Which in that case, I'll admit to being an idiot. But still. #SpaceMama. 

She literally admits she's a sentient in the quest's epilogue.

no she doesnt

"What made you reject your nature?"

"All missions to the origin system required a sacrifice. Me and my kind become barren when crossing the gap. It's the one flaw we never overcame."

Her and her kind = sentients. We know from the crewman synthesis entry that the sentients are 1. Vulnerable to void energy. 2. Highly adaptive. It's practically bashing us over the head with this.

In all honesty it's kinda vague but everything points to her having a connection to the Sentients in some form or another and there is a strong possibility she is one of them.

She is one of them. She betrayed them and the other remaining sentient in that she saved us instead of wiping us out.

I really like how this casts Vor's crazy ranting in a new light.

Suddenly we really are following a false prophet who knows not the secrets of the void. Lotus can't go to the void herself because she's a sentient.

It also makes sense why Ordis wants wanted you to kill the Lotus.

Edited by Tsuso

She is one of them. She betrayed them and the other remaining sentient in that she saved us instead of wiping us out.

Just keeping speculation open; It's pretty clear she is for all intents and purposes a sentient but it still doesn't answer how a Sentient managed to remain undetected and get placed into a command role.

Could just be the Sentients are really good shapeshifters or she's some creation meant to act as a sleeper agent.

We'll probably find out for sure during the event.