Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coptering Vs Parkour 2.0 - How Much Speed Did We Really Lose?

Dunkingmachine

And what was wrong with that? You either gimped your frame or your melee to go fast. Every melee was controllable to some extent with the speed mods regardless of frame. You can't have everything at once. Well, with the new system, you kind of can.

Which is the entire point. Not much else needs to be said on the matter.

Coptering was never intended to be in the game anyways and as much as you must have liked it you have to admit that it's time in game was limited.

For a lot of others. It was a broken mechanic that didn't really add anything to the game and was as uninteresting as it was unintended.

You can Super-Man Glide with parkour 2.0 (and full parkour modded loki). So you have to test again.

And to whoever says that the new systems requires more key inputs...you're wrong.

Coptering: Shift+Ctrl+E

Parkour 2.0: Ctrl+Space+Space

Edited by OzoneAle

That's not a very good comparison, considering the generation of capture missions.

Amazing that some people think a glitchy lightspeed spin attack is superior to a complete and free-flowing system.

yep, too much tapping, who will pay me the ruin of the keyboard-exchanges and costs in tight situations ?

You can Super-Man Glide with parkour 2.0 (and full parkour modded loki). So you have to test again.

And to whoever says that the new systems requires more key inputs...you're wrong.

Coptering: Shift+Ctrl+E

Parkour 2.0: Ctrl+Space+Space

lol, which is more then faar from any coptering ...

74a.png

No seriously I liked coptering and being able to change attack mid air... At the same time, the new parkour is also pretty damn cool....

What I dont see is why they had to remove coptering altogether...

yeah, for the warframe professors and doctors and thinkers parkour 2.0

for the real tenno both ,-) depends on mission, time and daily feeling FOR A GAME ! its not life, ITS A GAME ! =))

Edited by WAL73R

for me i don't care how much speed was lost if coptering was in the game or not. but I want coptering back because it was fun for me.

it let you go super fast as well as kill stuff. the directional melee is more clunky then coptering that and i want more options.

I love options and having choices in games. if i wanna go up ill sprint flip. if i wanna go really high ill use the crouch jump, and if I want to go forward really fast as well as kill things along the way i would copter.

so I agree with nobody special. why can't I have both?

for me i don't care how much speed was lost if coptering was in the game or not. but I want coptering back because it was fun for me.

it let you go super fast as well as kill stuff. the directional melee is more clunky then coptering that and i want more options.

I love options and having choices in games. if i wanna go up ill sprint flip. if i wanna go really high ill use the crouch jump, and if I want to go forward really fast as well as kill things along the way i would copter.

so I agree with nobody special. why can't I have both?

Because it was never intended to be in the game and sooner or later it was going to be changed. The big hint that it was going to happen was that they already tried to change it once.

So it's up to you to adapt or move on.

I don't care. Parkour 2.0 is bloody great. Now we are flexible in how we move, instead of trying to race through things as fast as possible, trying to keep up with the rest.

YOU may not care but we do!

It would be best if we had kept the speed of coptering and also increased our maneuverability. Nerfing speed is just plain bad.

Pretty sure OP doesn't have any of the new parkour mods equipped.

Rank 9 Firewalker (not quite max rank yet), and I'm just as fast as coptering, if not faster. Much faster.

Then we need to weaken and lock our builds into ONE mode just to use them with the exilus mod slot.

Don't even get me started on the fact that they are essentially selling us a mod slot we should have gotten back for free.

(Focus system goddamn it!)

Why would anyone think by swinging a weapon to move faster and higher beats a true movement system?

Why are players so pampered and unappreciative now?

They're not pampered, they're just used to it, and it's quite understandable that they're upset. 

Which is why not nixing it as soon as it became apparent was a terrible idea, and the longer DE put off removing it the more upset people who used it would be. 

But better late than never.

Labeling people "white knights" just because they disagree with your opinion only invalidates said opinion as a whole.

If you truly think that, then you haven't actually been using melee weapons outside of coptering with them. Each and every type of melee is unique, from animations to gameplay tactics to movement. And coptering actually INVALIDATED most melee. Wanna use a big heavy hammer? Well enjoy being left in the dust by everyone with twin zorens! The Lotus help you if you're a slow frame as well!

The only thing I'd like them to change is directional melee still giving at least a little more boost so then it's still viable for hitting flying enemies/cameras. Doesn't need to be a large boost, and they can balance it by negating the boost if someone does directional melee right after a bullet jump or double jump.

Your argument is invalid. The weapons that were invalidated before are still invalidated. It wasn't because of coptering, it's because they suck stat wise. Yeah, more people use Scindo Prime now (pretty much regarded as the best melee by many atm), GENIUS!

Because it was never intended to be in the game and sooner or later it was going to be changed. The big hint that it was going to happen was that they already tried to change it once.

So it's up to you to adapt or move on.

Yeah, you reject any kind of coexistence because it was "never intended to be in the game", totally legit. It was born by accident, DE was lazy to instantly nuke it, people came to love it. It was a cruel thing to strip it away from those people. It wouldn't hurt you in any damn way if it was brought back since you'd still have this new system you totally like anyway and could just ignore coptering altogether............. But F*** choices right? Other people must love it because I do too! Let's force everyone to use it!!! You are all whiteknights, it's disgusting.

But what if you only needed to go halfway? With the new system, you can just stop halfway. With coptering you go the full way, then come back. 

Really? Did you even use coptering? If you only needed to go half way you could look down and melee towards the ground OR you could even click on your crouch key to slow down almost instantly and land where you need to be.

Yeah, you reject any kind of coexistence because it was "never intended to be in the game", totally legit. It was born by accident, DE was lazy to instantly nuke it, people came to love it. It was a cruel thing to strip it away from those people. It wouldn't hurt you in any damn way if it was brought back since you'd still have this new system you totally like anyway and could just ignore coptering altogether............. But F*** choices right? Other people must love it because I do too! Let's force everyone to use it!!! You are all whiteknights, it's disgusting.

Sounds more like you're a salty cry baby tbh

Glitches are glitches and regardless of if you liked it or not it should be removed. DE taking their time to remove it is a completely irrelevant argument. If I could Halo 2 style scope melee launch across the map I'd expect that gone, or any other movement, ability, etc. Glitch. It was a quirk in the system that was " never supposed to be there " and was always on borrowed time. The physics and movement systems are both receiving drastic changes and as a result a bug was fixed. It's time to move on, learn the new system without the previous bug and perhaps find a new one.

I've been reading every page in this thread and I see people going about the speed of coptering VS the new one, fogeting something we can actually use in the missions now:

GrnJetPwrPolearm.png

Galatine_o.png

BlindJusticeNew.png

Now we can use melees to actually KILL enemies.

I've been reading every page in this thread and I see people going about the speed of coptering VS the new one, fogeting something we can actually use in the missions now:

GrnJetPwrPolearm.png

Galatine_o.png

BlindJusticeNew.png

Now we can use melees to actually KILL enemies.

Obviously that's not what melee weapons are for! Ninjas fling themselves into Oblivion with them they don't actually kill things with melee! You must not know what a ninja is.... I feel bad for you

Absolute twaddle! The biggest problem with coptering was NOT its inherent ugly glitchiness.

The biggest problem with coptering was it completely defined how people should play the game - because if you could not / did not / would not copter - you'd be left in the dust. It could not be ignored and did hurt the game in multiple ways. 

That glitch was forced upon everyone - in just the way you are complaining about parkour 2.0. 

Save the white knight comments - they just make you look more childish than your irrational statements already do. 

But that's now because you need to get better at the new movement, not because you need to get a Tipedo and max out attack speed mods on it.

Lots of people are defending going slower as if it would prevent rushers and let them play game at slower pace, but it wont, they will be left behind even more. Now it's harder to do alkl the moves, if they couldn't learn (or  perform) simple coptering they will find new movement impossible to keep up. 

Yes now speed is not tied to your melee weapon.  Now its' tied to your frame and mods. Frost could keep up with Loki, now - good luck with that.

Edited by Monolake

Lots of people are defending going slower as if it would prevent rushers and let them play game at slower pace, but it wont, they will be left behind even more. Now it's harder to do alkl the moves, if they couldn't learn (or  perform) simple coptering they will find new movement impossible to keep up. 

Yes now speed is not tied to your melee weapon.  Now its' tied to your frame and mods. Frost could keep up with Loki, now - good luck with that.

A slower frame not being able to keep up with a faster frame surprises you i don't know what to say.

If you gave both a tipedo during Parkour 1.0 I'm 80% certain the Loki will still leave the frost behind because he's faster generally. Assuming they're both of equal skill.

A slower frame not being able to keep up with a faster frame surprises you i don't know what to say.

If you gave both a tipedo during Parkour 1.0 I'm 80% certain the Loki will still leave the frost behind because he's faster generally. Assuming they're both of equal skill.

You could have a hobble key and still keep up, your run speed didnt matter much.

You could have a hobble key and still keep up, your run speed didnt matter much.

That's because you can equip 1 weapon and not worry about speed.

Hobble key didn't feel like a detriment because of coptering weapons

Sprint speed didn't feel significant because of coptering weapons.

I am what I consider an average player, never bothered using coptering very much (occasionally to cross a large gap), and do not support or decry the changes (since I haven't had the opportunity to actually use PK2.0 yet). 

So, I guess my question to the PC guys is, what is the actual time difference? Again, average player not using coptering, I can complete a capture in under four minutes easy (Loki with Rush and to me that doesn't seem like a lot of time to finish a mission). And normally I am only rushing through the first one to get the node unlocked and don't really farm these. But I'm curious how much time coptering reduces this by as I am assuming that missions that require multiple runs for farming/events/etc. are ones you would want to complete as quickly as possible. 

So what are you guys finishing a capture in? Under 2 minutes? Just curious.