Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pet Peeve

(PSN)beastbread

By saying "offer?" I imply that I want to see what they are willing to pay for said item. They might not know how much the item is they are buying and try to low ball me without realizing it. That way, I can rebuttal with what I want to sell it for RELATIVE to what they are willing to pay. NEVERTHELESS, Not answering back at all is worse than anything. if you don't want to offer first, at least say something like "IDK what would you sell it for" or something of that nature. 

Think of it this way...most of the time when someone types WTB they get multiple pm's from sellers like you. Some sellers are smart enough to pm their price first.

Remember you as a seller are competing with other sellers. Those that state an agreeable price up front will win the sale most of the time.

When someone advertises on trade that they "WTB (item)" but then, when you pm them back saying "offer?" they just flat out don't pm you back. Words cannot describe how fricken rude this is.

Reverse pet peeve.

So when I AM on trade chat, I say something like "Buying Unranked Primed Continuity - PM me your price!"

Then I have 8 people pm me with "offer". I always ignore these players, if they can't decipher a sentence correctly, how can I expect them to trade properly?

Not saying that you are doing that, but sometimes players like me aren't looking to give an offer. We ask for your price because we don't know what price to offer. So it can be frustrating when looking for an item, and people only ever want you to cough up a price.

Reverse pet peeve.

So when I AM on trade chat, I say something like "Buying Unranked Primed Continuity - PM me your price!"

Then I have 8 people pm me with "offer". I always ignore these players, if they can't decipher a sentence correctly, how can I expect them to trade properly?

Not saying that you are doing that, but sometimes players like me aren't looking to give an offer. We ask for your price because we don't know what price to offer. So it can be frustrating when looking for an item, and people only ever want you to cough up a price.

This. So. Much. This.

they buying it with items, its a trade chat, not a marketplace.

It's better to be specific.

Saves people who want only plat, and the buyers time with "oh.. okay" 

also; "buying with items" that's..trading.. item for item. 

buying is use of currency. 

Edited by Vesiga

Personally I hate it when people ask for offers because 99% of the time in my experience at least, I'll offer average price and their first response will always be "No thanks."... To which I inwardly yell "THAT'S NOT A COUNTER-OFFER, THIS ISN'T HOW NEGOTIATIONS WORK!".

Although realistically, the person making the sell/buy ad should have an initial price. It makes more sense to message someone, get their asking price, and negotiate from there, rather than message someone, have them say offer, and take a guess at how much they want. Because anyone that's trading to buy or sell something has a price in mind, nobody goes "Oh, this person offered less than how much I want for this item, but I'll take it anyway because no reason at all."

Everyone has a price they want for something, and almost everyone will negotiate with it. Which is why it baffles me when you message someone and they want you to offer immediately with no baseline to start with, even auctions have a baseline price. It's literally just telling someone "Guess how much I want, and if you guess close enough I'll negotiate with you or if you don't assume you're a scammer/&#!-hat/idiot based on the price you give me."

Edited by Acaelus

Trade system is beyond broke at its current state... It is barely passable, people always and I mean ALWAYS try to screw you to get a better deal, this is why I can't wait for a auction house system and you have a median established on what something is worth... Guarantee you will never see selling this for 700p cuz it's soo rare. GTFO with that nonsense.

Edited by Z3GR4M

Trade system is beyond broke at its current state... It is barely passable, people always and I mean ALWAYS try to screw you to get a better deal, this is why I can't wait for a auction house system and you have a median established on what something is worth... Guarantee you will never see selling this for 700p cuz it's soo rare. GTFO with that nonsense.

I'm actually more bothered by the people wanting to low ball to hells lvl of low. I understand "buy cheap sell high" but I swear some peoples buying price are offensively bad. Even more so the fact that there will ALWAYS be that one desperate mofo that obliges those trades and starts that downward spiral~

I'm actually more bothered by the people wanting to low ball to hells lvl of low. I understand "buy cheap sell high" but I swear some peoples buying price are offensively bad. Even more so the fact that there will ALWAYS be that one desperate mofo that obliges those trades and starts that downward spiral~

Learn to negotiate. Of course the initial price is going to be too high or too low. That's part of the market game.

This isn't Walmart.  Prices are fluid.

This was a pointless response in all honesty. Does not change the fact people don't like the whole offer thing. 

Learn to negotiate. Of course the initial price is going to be too high or too low. That's part of the market game.

As soon as you learn to read. This isn't about negotiations, this is about people dead set on low balling just to see how low they can go. Plus i'm sorry once again are we not playing the same game? There are plenty of people who don't want to negotiate. On top of this weren't you the one complaining in another post about the hassles of trade? Man your logic all over the place today isn't it~

As soon as you learn to read. This isn't about negotiations, this is about people dead set on low balling just to see how low they can go. Plus i'm sorry once again are we not playing the same game? There are plenty of people who don't want to negotiate. On top of this weren't you the one complaining in another post about the hassles of trade? Man your logic all over the place today isn't it~

It's a buyer's job to low ball you.  It's a seller's job to over-price things as much as they can. The point of the negotiation is to get the price to something you can both agree on, while still trying to get it to lean in your favor.

If you don't want to negotiate then post how much you want to spend (e.g. WTB X for Y plat).

My logic hasn't wavered at all.