The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uranus Sab Rewards: Not Fun

FelisImpurrator

So I was excited for the Uranus sabotage fix - went straight to Ariel to try it out now that the caches were working.

Unfortunately, the outcome was... more than disappointing.

The mission itself is great fun; I like how tricky the new caches are, and searching for them feels fresh again after so many runs in Void Sab. But the rewards are another matter entirely.

The hotfix said it added more rewards to the drop table. Which sounded great, until I found out what those rewards were like: Besides the usual scattering of credit caches, cores, and mods, now there are resources. Only, they come in bundles like 3 Polymer Bundle, 10 Plastids, 10 Oxium. On a mid-high level planet. And I was thinking - wait, seriously? For maybe half an hour of work, we get fewer resources than just killing the enemies in the mission gives us in minutes?

I sincerely hope these are typos or placeholder values. Especially three Polymer Bundles - you can get ten times that just from the boxes. At the moment, all this does is dilute the sabotage table with rewards that would be ludicrously tiny even for the newest of newbies.

Agreed.

If anything they should contain larger amounts. At least double what you can find from crates.

Otherwise they are effectually pointless, fancy crates that make a sound.

This. Or else - give them rare resources like Cells (or maybe even all of them); Earth sabotage gives neurodes in caches. I mean - should Uranus really be less rewarding than Earth? Considering it's already the best-made tileset in the game, this is like a horrible stain in the middle of a work of art.

Honestly, if we can't get rare resources in here, I would prefer them removed entirely.

Rewards in this game are so bad I have all but stopped playing it. Used to be I could play all weekend. Now, I struggle to stay interested for two hours at a time. Because I know that the more time I put into it, the worse I will be rewarded.

And I also know that all the complaints in the world wont make a difference. If we want it to change we have to stop playing it and stop spending money on it the way it is. Maybe that will get someone's attention.

Rewards in this game are so bad I have all but stopped playing it. Used to be I could play all weekend. Now, I struggle to stay interested for two hours at a time. Because I know that the more time I put into it, the worse I will be rewarded.

And I also know that all the complaints in the world wont make a difference. If we want it to change we have to stop playing it and stop spending money on it the way it is. Maybe that will get someone's attention.

Interestingly, the rest of Uranus has one of the best reward pools in the game. It's only Sabotage caches that stand out as disturbingly bad.

Interestingly, the rest of Uranus has one of the best reward pools in the game. It's only Sabotage caches that stand out as disturbingly bad.

I wouldnt know. Too much of Uranus depends on participation in the grueling process of leveling Archwing. Really, Archwing needed better integration into the game before it took over an entire planet with nothing more than Rank 23+ missions. Getting an Archwing ready for Uranus is slow, boring and repetitive beyond my ability to tolerate.

I wouldnt know. Too much of Uranus depends on participation in the grueling process of leveling Archwing. Really, Archwing needed better integration into the game before it took over an entire planet with nothing more than Rank 23+ missions. Getting an Archwing ready for Uranus is slow, boring and repetitive beyond my ability to tolerate.

Actually, I quite liked leveling Itzal, even solo. It was just the first Odonata/Veritux/Imperator round that wasn't especially fun, but even 12 rounds of solo Erpo could be entertaining with at least one good weapon - that is, getting past the awful hurdle that is farming your first decent set of mods and Tellurium for Itzal.

But this isn't a thread for how much you dislike Archwing. Go somewhere else if that's what you're posting about - this is about the awful sabotage loot table.

those 3 polymer bundles just feels like a joke, even the common containers and arc traps drops about 40-50 groups... even upto 70...

Edit:

pics

common container droping 50 polymer bundles

wd3oXsl.jpg

end mission with 3 polymer bundles from a cache

ME1oOjb.jpg

one mission later -> welp, 43 polymer from a cache

hAh2XvL.jpg

Edited by NotWhoItSeems

+1

Rewards in Uranus Sabotage are like, totally misplaced, misjudged, offensive and useless. Bundles of those useless common resources could be replaced with something that is actually useful, like Tellurium or Orokin Cells or any other rare resource. Excluding Controlling Module of course. Credit caches are always welcome, though let's say it. Who needs that amount of credit from caches? We have Dark Sectors, Void Missions, hell, even selling some stuff gives more credits. Cryotic? Yeah, because it is like, the hardest resource to collect >.> Uncommon and Rare cores? Welp, again, kinda misjudged. Both can be found more easily in other missions, especially on Triton.

Conclusion is: I do these Sabotage missions just to get those new mods for Bullet Jump and so on. If it wasn't dropping there, I'd'nt bother to play Uranus Sabotage missions because rewards, excluding those mods of course, are not worth time spent on finding caches. And I still love how Lotus says: Orokin Resource Caches. Hello, we are on Uranus, planet that is crowded with Grineer units, damn.