Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For Those Who Still Think Excal Should Be Nerfed...

Ryden

Here's another thing I don't get ok it's clear people ask for nerfs not because something op but because they don't like some people playstyle so because of that they cry foul

Then DE has a knee Jerk reaction & nerfs things 4 no reason

Yes I understand not everything can be op.but 3 or 4 op weapons or frames is fine

afterall DE makes the enemies harder & some frames & weapons are to underpowered & squishy but instead of buffing those things there more worried bout nerfing..

for example I can understand the greedy pull mag because of Mesa & stuff but it's not like I used her anyway.

but Pilfering Swarm being changed come on now DE really? It's not like greedy pull people don't & can't really abuse it

it's just another method of farming besides nekros.

nerf it because someone doesn't like how someone using pilfering swarm so they run. To u crying foul.

come on. DE This was just another example of people not liking someone play style

Pilfering Swarm was doing no harm in fact it was fun to use there wasn't no need to change it cuz someone hates it.

My thing with nerfing is if it ain't being exploited with glitches or breaking the game it should not be nerfed

Just because someone cries foul doesn't mean it should be nerfed that just a sign someone can't accept someone else's playstyle.

I'm getting very fed up with the nerfs it needs to stop just because someone cries foul doesn't mean u nerf it. If it's not breaking the game or being exploited by glitches like Egate for example then it doesn't need nerfed

Please worry about fixing game breaking bugs & glitches that cause people not to play instead of nerfing things

Bugs & glitches fixes should always be #1 thing because the less bug & glitches there are the more fun people can have

But nerfing stuff because someone using something good only makes u look bad why give the weapon or WF that power or damege that good if u are going to nerf it a few months later makes no sense.

My plea to de is stop with the knee Jerk reactions with nerfing things investigate 1st & make sure it's not being exploited by glitches or breaking the game if it isn't leave it be

Don't nerf it because someone doesn't like the way someone plays with the frame or weapon

Plz from now on when u make new frames or weapons if there op don't nerf em because someone cries foul nerf it only if it's game breaking or exploring

Plz make bug fixing a higher piority like the Excalibur Prisma skin missing the green color on consoles or missing hud in raids these are things that should be taken care of not some nerf because someone request it

Afterall warframe is free to play so let us play how we choose as long as we play right & are not exploiting or breaking the game good day

Alright, what i was saying is this.

Before the auto-finisher proc, meleeing blinded enemies normally (aka without EB) = 50-100k stealth damage. Regular, dragon nikana stealth damage.

Now post auto-finisher proc, melee will cause finisher damage on top of stealth damage. That'll make your damage sky rocket above 200k+.

EB simply does what regular melee did before the auto-finisher proc. It hits for 50-100k, yes. But that was possible before EB, before without finisher damage. Radial Blind causes stealth damage multipliers, no matter how you hit the enemy. EB, or regular swing (before auto-finisher), the damage is similar.

As an Excalibur main for over 1 and a half years, this is the truth. I'd give my left nut for removing finishers from Radial Blind, since they are slowly giving me cancer.

I was doing 14k per wave during Sedna with my Excalibur Prime. Sorry but that's too much in my opinion. It's extremely high damage with extremely low energy drain, and extremely easy to handle. and its AOE.

It's NOT balanced at ALL. 

I like the concept of his abilities. His rework was fantastic, But his 4th is too powerful.

14k? invis loki can do 40+k in T3 easy with any good melee, that aside excal is a step in the right direction, Damage abilities should be good at doing damage, without being a room clearer like saryn

14k? invis loki can do 40+k in T3 easy with any good melee, that aside excal is a step in the right direction, Damage abilities should be good at doing damage, without being a room clearer like saryn

Hell, even if you didn't go invis for the stealth modifier you'd still be able to dish out equal amounts of damage with any good melee.

Still don't understand why people cry about balance and whatever. Now before you start freaking out, balance is important of course but IMO not every single aspect has to be 100% balanced. I swear most people who want him nerfed all the time hardly play him. He's fun after all. It's a game, it's all about fun. The idea behind the game is making us feel powerful...

Don't go there. 

I just tested Exalted Blade in T4 and did 7-10k no problem with NONE CRITS. For the speed, and energy drain thats TOO POWERFUL. Instead of making ignorant assumptions about me, how about you explain to me WHY my observations are wrong?

Most top-tier (or just decently forma'd) guns aren't going to have a lot of trouble reaching similar damage output. It's powerful compared to other powers (most of which do garbage damage), but it's quite adequate compared to the tools most people use to kill things. Personally I think Exalted Blade has the right idea; our powers generally need to do more damage. 

Single Target Spells like Shuriken, Fireball, or Psychic Bolts should be doing slightly more damage than our guns or what is the point in using them? 

Damage-Nukes should be devastating attacks that clear the room, rather than spammable farts that are only impressive in low level environments. I want them to be big events that actually matter, rather than trash-clearing garbage that's only good for farming. Less spam, moar damage. 

'Damage Stances' should have the same damage an utility of a top tier weapon since the frame is likely supposed to stay in that form. Hysteria isn't fun to use because its' damage output is so low that despite being invincible killling things becomes a bit of a chore. Exalted Blade is fun and viable because it can keep up with the other high-level viable equipment. 

Excalibur's short-coming in T4 missions is that despite his impressive damage output, his primary damage mitigation ability costs quite a bit of energy, and even with a 75% energy efficiency build there is a point where you start to run out and that is when things become stressful for him.

Which isn't to say he's not immune to cheese tactics either; because his wave can penetrate things indefinitely it's too easy for Excalibur to find a spot enemies can't get too and just overwhelm them in complete safety. If there is one thing I would change with Exalted Blade, it's that. I'm okay with the waves having a lot of punch-through, but allowing them to travel through terrain completely undisturbed forever is asking for players to utilize the timid, cover-based gameplay the developers keep telling us they dislike. He has the tools and stats to be in the open, he's supposed to be a melee frame, and I'd like him to play like one.  

Personally, the only alterations I would make to Exalted Wave is that the waves are stopped by terrain. It would still travel through enemies indefinitely, but you couldn't just hide behind a crate and kill everything in the room. 

Edited by Acos

I'm tired of all the complaints about this or that being OP. The rate at which frames/weapons drop off in end game content is ridiculous unless of course you put 8 forma into it just to make up for this issue. In my opinion we need more reworks similar to xcal and better synergies between frames.

Most top-tier (or just decently forma'd) guns aren't going to have a lot of trouble reaching similar damage output. It's powerful compared to other powers (most of which do garbage damage), but it's quite adequate compared to the tools most people use to kill things. Personally I think Exalted Blade has the right idea; our powers generally need to do more damage. 

Single Target Spells like Shuriken, Fireball, or Psychic Bolts should be doing slightly more damage than our guns or what is the point in using them? 

Damage-Nukes should be devastating attacks that clear the room, rather than spammable farts that are only impressive in low level environments. I want them to be big events that actually matter, rather than trash-clearing garbage that's only good for farming. Less spam, moar damage. 

'Damage Stances' should have the same damage an utility of a top tier weapon since the frame is likely supposed to stay in that form. Hysteria isn't fun to use because its' damage output is so low that despite being invincible killling things becomes a bit of a chore. Exalted Blade is fun and viable because it can keep up with the other high-level viable equipment. 

Excalibur's short-coming in T4 missions is that despite his impressive damage output, his primary damage mitigation ability costs quite a bit of energy, and even with a 75% energy efficiency build there is a point where you start to run out and that is when things become stressful for him.

Which isn't to say he's not immune to cheese tactics either; because his wave can penetrate things indefinitely it's too easy for Excalibur to find a spot enemies can't get too and just overwhelm them in complete safety. If there is one thing I would change with Exalted Blade, it's that. I'm okay with the waves having a lot of punch-through, but allowing them to travel through terrain completely undisturbed forever is asking for players to utilize the timid, cover-based gameplay the developers keep telling us they dislike. He has the tools and stats to be in the open, he's supposed to be a melee frame, and I'd like him to play like one.  

Personally, the only alterations I would make to Exalted Wave is that the waves are stopped by terrain. It would still travel through enemies indefinitely, but you couldn't just hide behind a crate and kill everything in the room. 

First of all, I appreciate the fact you took your time to write all that. It's unfortunately a rare occurance that people bother disagreeing in a proper manner. So thanks for that, it's refreshing to see.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. But I just think the pros outweighs the cons of EB.

Pros:
Good effiency

Very good damage
Fast
Adjustable by melee
Punch through
Easy to hit with
Slide attack CC. 

Cons:
Projectile travel time

Less freedom to maneuver compared to firearm usage

???

I love the concept behind EB. You indirectly upgrade the ability with your process with melee weapons and mods. So a low level wont be able to blast out those 15k waves. The ability is not EASY to get 100% right in my personal opinion. Excalibur is a sword focused frame, he is the icon of Warframe and he is a starter frame. He needs to be appropriately strong. But as EB currently performs, none of the other abilities are really necessary for the most time. EB is not a "special ability", it's almost an exclusive game mode for Excalibur. I don't think it should be like this, that we can toggle on an ability and focus our ENTIRE gameplay around that 1 single ability for the most part.

Maybe DE is going a different route with abilities and wants something different than before? My point of view is "old fashion" in regards to how abilities are/were balanced in Warframe. It's obvious that DE is focusing more and more on Hack & Slash elements, just look at Draco. So maybe it's time abilities becomes overly powerful in general?

I don't think it's a good idea. I personally think abilities should be TOOLS that we use together with our weapons and movement abilities. Not something we can rely on 100%.

Edited by Zareek

That's the problem with people crying for a nerf. I'm not so sure they play end game content.

Pretty much this.

Also some abilities in general are very powerful, here are a few examples:

-Ash spamming 9k ARMOR IGNORING + ~22k ARMOR IGNORING bleed from blade storm.
-Banshee buff for up to 14.2x damage on weakspots.
-Frost's snow globe dealing % health damage (somewhere around 20-50%)
-Mag detonating enemy shields turning them into 7.1x damage of the absorbed shields. (shield polarize)
-Mirage eclipse buffing all damage by 5.68x
-Nova turning everyone into stones and making enemies take 2x damage with MP.
-etc etc.

Excalibur Exalted Blade syncing well with Radial Blind to do decent non-armor ignore damage? complete heresy.
Edited by FullSupport

Pretty much this.

Also some abilities in general are very powerful, here are a few examples:

-Ash spamming 9k ARMOR IGNORING + ~22k ARMOR IGNORING bleed from blade storm.
-Banshee buff for up to 14.2x damage on weakspots.
-Frost's snow globe dealing % health damage (somewhere around 20-50%)
-Mag detonating enemy shields turning them into 7.1x damage of the absorbed shields. (shield polarize)
-Mirage eclipse buffing all damage by 5.68x
-Nova turning everyone into stones and making enemies take 2x damage with MP.
-etc etc.

Excalibur Exalted Blade syncing well with Radial Blind to do decent non-armor ignore damage? complete heresy.

My opinion is the problem lies with etiquette. You make some pretty good points there to be honest, but I never see a Frost running around spamming solely globe, hardly see mags, eclipse mirage is rarely seen, Novas will be Novas I guess? I still get to shoot at things at least. 

Excals just have a bad name to me because I never see one use a gun. 

My opinion is the problem lies with etiquette. You make some pretty good points there to be honest, but I never see a Frost running around spamming solely globe, hardly see mags, eclipse mirage is rarely seen, Novas will be Novas I guess? I still get to shoot at things at least. 

do people who only melee have a bad name with you then?

Edit-I do not mean to say this to sound mean, I am legitimately curious about what I asked

Edited by Arenzo4

The frost thing is fairly new, so no surprise there.

As for the excals, I guess they are a lot more common, hence why the nerf posts are instantly called at them.

do people who only melee have a bad name with you then?

Edit-I do not mean to say this to sound mean, I am legitimately curious about what I asked

No I respect melee only play a lot, and try it occasionally myself on lower tier things (I don't believe I'm that good at the game to attempt it seriously). 

But EB is not melee, scales off melee? Sure. Is a sword? Sure. Can the sword itself cut? Sure(?). However, all I see is a ranged energy wave spam. 

No I respect melee only play a lot, and try it occasionally myself on lower tier things (I don't believe I'm that good at the game to attempt it seriously). 

But EB is not melee, scales off melee? Sure. Is a sword? Sure. Can the sword itself cut? Sure(?). However, all I see is a ranged energy wave spam. 

and id be 100% ok with all the damage being shifted to the sword, but the waves having utility like 100% stagger or really high status or somethin

Edit-Because even tho I use the waves, I prefer the melee aspect of EB

Edited by Arenzo4

I was doing 14k per wave during Sedna with my Excalibur Prime. Sorry but that's too much in my opinion. It's extremely high damage with extremely low energy drain, and extremely easy to handle. and its AOE.

I like the concept of his abilities. His rework was fantastic, But his 4th is too powerful.

We finally got excal to be useful and fun but now people are asking for nerf because its too powerful. In a PVE game. Yeah lets make Excal a pain in the ! to use just like Ember and all the other frames which needs every single mod to be somewhat useable.

I rather not see Excal nerfed ever again. Excal suffered long enough. 

Energy drain in Exalted Blade should be increased at least 7times. People complained that he was Press4ToWin, now its PressEToWin

Why do you want to ruin Excal? Whats the problem? He's not used for instant wave clears anymore, Looks badass with Exalted blades and im not saying because i keep playing Excal hell i barely touched my Excal over the rework. 

He's fine the way he is. Rather buff the other frames to be on a par with him. Frames needs to be powerful, not Garbage like Ember who needs every single mod to deal damage while sacrificing defensive mods. No thats not called diversity. Thats called boring and underpowered.

Edited by Shin

It's really annoying when people say Excalibur needs a nerf. He is fine where he is and if he did need changes, it would be to shorten the energy wave distance and to stop Covert Lethality from working on it. I even saw a moron claim Excalibur is OP because he only died once in a 40 minute T3 survival. He was using a Quick Thinking, Rage, Life Strike build but he blames himself not dying instantly on auto parry and Exalted Blade's damage. Like wtf? I can survive that long on pretty much any frame that isn't Excalibur too.

Wave length needs to be shortened. It's too long for a melee frame. I don't see Valkyr killing masses of enemies from 20 meters. More like 5 meters.

Exca gains an armor and shield buff when using EB to compensate for the shortened waves and keep his survivalability.

Energy Drain: Exca turn on his ult and that's it. It never runs out. Have no drain when it's not used, but get him a bigger energy drain when casting waves. Combos lower drain in order to make them useful.

Id still like his combos to actually be useful. Currently spamming E is better than pulling out a combo, and that is a bummer :/

I honestly feel like the energy drain is the main problem, but Hybridon has an excellent point as well.

I've suggested this before:

-Exalted Blade standard attacks don't send out waves.

-Exalted Blade Channeled attacks send out waves. These waves are a one-time cost, not per enemy hit.

-Exalted Blade Combos send out waves; different combos send out different types of waves (some shorter width and longer range, some shorter range and higher damage, etc).