Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are Your Thoughts On Chinese Food?

(XBOX)MK Ultra K11

I don't know what kind of food you've been eating but it's definitely not typical chinese food...

That is Chinese food. The very traditional kind. Besides, it is typical to see it being eaten around most of China. 

Edited by Renegade343

That is Chinese food. The very traditional kind. Besides, it is typical to see it being eaten around most of China. 

I eat Chinese food everyday because I happen to be Chinese, and that kind of food is rarely eaten in my experience. I've never eaten either of those things, neither have I seen them made before. I'm not entirely sure which part of China you are from, but for some reason I feel like your experience is very different from most normal Chinese people. 

I eat Chinese food everyday because I happen to be Chinese, and that kind of food is rarely eaten in my experience. I've never eaten either of those things, neither have I seen them made before. I'm not entirely sure which part of China you are from, but for some reason I feel like your experience is very different from most normal Chinese people. 

To correct myself, when I say eating "worms", I mean eating "fungi that has infected, killed, and mummified moth larvae underneath the soil". That is quite the delicacy in China, especially in soups, and sometimes eaten after being used to make the soup. 

And really? You never heard of chicken testicles being eaten? Come to Hong Kong (or anywhere in Guangdong and the surrounding area), and enjoy cooking chicken testicles in a hot pot. Just mind the slight sliminess. 

To correct myself, when I say eating "worms", I mean eating "fungi that has infected, killed, and mummified moth larvae underneath the soil". That is quite the delicacy in China, especially in soups, and sometimes eaten after being used to make the soup. 

And really? You never heard of chicken testicles being eaten? Come to Hong Kong (or anywhere in Guangdong and the surrounding area), and enjoy cooking chicken testicles in a hot pot. Just mind the slight sliminess. 

Can you just say what is is you're referring to?

I went to Hong Kong a couple times, suppose I just never saw it. I'll look for it next time.

My question to you though is, why do you only have these two extremely specific examples in mind and none of the other thousands of Chinese dishes out there? Why you so racist to yourself (assuming you are even Chinese)? 

It's an actual general discussion thread, holy S#&$!

To be honest, I haven't had the chance to eat many chinese delicacies. Here in Amsterdam, many of the place we got either sell Indonesian, Korean or Japanese food. I have a hard time spotting a good Chinese restaurant. Maybe I ate something Chinese without knowing, but as far I can tell, I have never visited such a restaurant.

Can you just say what is is you're referring to?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiocordyceps_sinensis

Truthfully, the Chinese name is way easier to remember and type out. 

My question to you though is, why do you only have these two extremely specific examples in mind and none of the other thousands of Chinese dishes out there? Why you so racist to yourself (assuming you are even Chinese)? 

It kind is up there on the weird scale for Chinese food. I asked that because I wanted to know if the original poster does enjoy trying out weird foodstuff. 

That would also be like asking if someone enjoys eating Sichuan chicken to see if said someone likes to eat spicy food, because that dish is pretty potent on the spiciness. 

Oh that thing. Thats for soup, you dont eat it as it is. Well, at least, i dont.

I did try eating it without doing anything to it, because I wanted to know the taste, and it tastes alright. A bit bitter, but nothing much else. But yes, best with soup and/or medicine, because it becomes a bit chewy.