Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alright, I'm Done With Natah

For everyone who is completely ignoring an important fact...

[size=8]There is a non-RNG way to start the Natah quest:[/size]

In the first stage of the quest, two Oculysts spawn. Scanning them counts for starting the quest.

Get someone to taxi you to the mission, scan one of them, then either complete or abort the mission.

Congratulations, you can now start the quest without any randomness or waiting.

For everyone who is completely ignoring an important fact...

There is a non-RNG way to start the Natah quest:

In the first stage of the quest, two Oculysts spawn. Scanning them counts for starting the quest.

Get someone to taxi you to the mission, scan one of them, then either complete or abort the mission.

Congratulations, you can now start the quest without any randomness or waiting.

To be fair, that still requires you to know someone that's already got the quest, which DOES require the RNG element.

But, still, I don't think the RNG's really that bad, and the new map is super-cool to look at, so nothing really that demeaning.

I think the RNG of getting the quest is cool and a change of pace. its not really THAT rare of an encounter.

This is the problem with RNG elements. It's "not that bad" for most players. Some of the players for whom it is that rare, however, will become quite upset about it.

Did you get the quest yet?

I didn't.

I have completed few dozen Uranus missions. Drone doesn't care. It hasn't spawned even once for me.

I've tried various missions with group or solo, still nothing.

either Op was doing something wrong or 250x is B.S. it cant be that rare

First of all, what could he do wrong? The drone is supposed to spawn randomly. There are no special conditions that have to be met afaik. It's a random chance and therefore it's not dependent on the player.

And yes, it can be that rare. The thing is, we still don't know if it's "working as intended" or if its bugged, since we don't have any response from DE regarding spawn chance etc (aside from Steve's tweet about "increasing chance", that is).

I didn't.

I have completed few dozen Uranus missions. Drone doesn't care. It hasn't spawned even once for me.

I've tried various missions with group or solo, still nothing.

First of all, what could he do wrong? The drone is supposed to spawn randomly. There are no special conditions that have to be met afaik. It's a random chance and therefore it's not dependent on the player.

And yes, it can be that rare. The thing is, we still don't know if it's "working as intended" or if its bugged, since we don't have any response from DE regarding spawn chance etc (aside from Steve's tweet about "increasing chance", that is).

If you've done a few dozen regular Uranus missions (24+) and still haven't seen it, then I'll have to agree that it's too rare for some. I see it within 10 missions at least.

I would have to think it was bugged for some people. There is no way DE would make the rng for that quest soo high.

The main proper of the rng in that quest is to make it feel like you were randomly "chosen" to be scanned, I doubt it was to make a grind wall

Edited by Hypernaut1

It can be, that's RNG.  Random (or pseudo-random) means that some people may never actually get the thing practically speaking (unless they piggy-back on someone who has), while some people got it first try.

That's the problem with RNG in games.  It works just fine for the lucky ones, or the majority of players who get it after a reasonable amount of goes - it's kind of fun for those people.  But for the unlucky players, it's a PITA.

RNG does need to be "weighted" a bit so that you don't get "unlucky" players.  It should be weighted so that your chances go up the more you do a thing.

It can be, that's RNG.  Random (or pseudo-random) means that some people may never actually get the thing practically speaking (unless they piggy-back on someone who has), while some people got it first try.

That's the problem with RNG in games.  It works just fine for the lucky ones, or the majority of players who get it after a reasonable amount of goes - it's kind of fun for those people.  But for the unlucky players, it's a PITA.

RNG does need to be "weighted" a bit so that you don't get "unlucky" players.  It should be weighted so that your chances go up the more you do a thing.

it is exactly that though, the more your do Uranus submersible tilesets the higher the chance (on actually fully completing btw). The boss mission however isnt the best choice, capture is typically best. 

I got the drone ~3 times in my 49 runs to farm Equinox. 

in all 3 times my mates found the thing before me and scanned it. 

I don't think it's really that hard to get it, unless you are overanxious trying to get JUST IT and nothing else. Do other stuff and it will eventually drop in as a bonus to whatever you are doing. 

They aren't always on your path. You have to look for them.

When they spawn, you'll hear a pretty clear sound indicating that something is happening and the lights will flicker with a tint of blue.

So, could it be you didn't notice these signs? I've read that the flickering can be unnoticeable depending on the display settings.

I mean, 250 runs without a single encounter is pretty insane. I have the drone spawn every 5th run or so.

A couple hours ago, I finished my 250th Tyl Regor assassination. I only got the drones to spawn once, but that was like my 5th run, and I was like "oh, this looks creepy and cool, I wonder what they look like up close...uhm...guys? Where did you go?". Only after that I realised I needed to scan them to get the quest.

So, yeah. I'm done with this "quest". I just don't care anymore. I'll probably also take a holiday from Warframe, because this is just absurd. As far as I'm concerned, this ain't no "Year of Quality". I mean, seriously, wtf was DE thinking when they introduced RNG into QUESTS???

Sorry, just had to get this out of my system. I hope you guys all got it and didn't/won't have to experience what I had.

i didnt run this many times with my second account as well as never met a sentient there, and i really run a lot

i agree, where is the year of quality, i mean, no, im not sorry, maybe for myself as well as:

WHATS UP WITH THE YEAR OF QUALITY, DE ? =) (remove your funny beards full of humor and keep your promises, please)

not even that after each update its not warframe anymore, its bugframe, and you offer us 600 bucks a year on primepacks

thats a fact, for what did i give all the wonderful high quality money into warframe ?

come down and get your things done, DE =) many of us welcome that ... as well as: JUST DO IT !

I got the drone ~3 times in my 49 runs to farm Equinox. 

in all 3 times my mates found the thing before me and scanned it. 

I don't think it's really that hard to get it, unless you are overanxious trying to get JUST IT and nothing else. Do other stuff and it will eventually drop in as a bonus to whatever you are doing. 

did your parents or teachers talk to you that way when they cant keep a promise ? =))

im touched about your "high quality"-posting ... there are many of this "quality" here but normally i dont go into, you know

some people could understand it wrong ...

im simply pleased in the most friendly way to be able to get a bugfree game for all of my investment, and i have the right to do it ^^)

and if i have to listen to: you have the right but if you get it is another question then i stop sharing here this time

because if i would share the "needed high quality words" to get a action/answer it will be for shure the wrong one

ok, the money i have given keeps/holds me and i was stupid enough to pay for the fun and trust i have had the first 1,5 years

but now im done, and there are too many postings here of this "expression"

can we have a your promised quality,de ? its near autumn, the year is close to be over ...

im not your idiot you can lean on ...

Edited by LEEV_

As I mentioned in another thread, I like the RNG part of Natah.

Yeah, I said it.

The appearance of the Oculyst is so dramatic and well-done, even knowing what was happening, I was pretty unnerved by the eerie sighting.

Imagine if you were a new player, progressing through the other available quests and starchart as normal, only to encounter such an alien being completely by chance, and unearth a full quest following it. It would be a thrilling experience that far surpasses simply selecting a quest from a list and knowing what you're doing going into it.

We all remember our first encounter with The Stalker, when we had no idea what was going on, and the thrill of randomly encountering this amazing enemy. To me, Natah is like that, but even better.

People are just frustrated that they can't dive into the new quest for U17 like normal, but fail to see how this addition benefits the Warframe experience as a whole.

Say it takes about 10 minutes to kill Regor (loading, finding Regor, killing him, getting to extraction, unloading, plus a little time to mess with builds and whatnot). Do that 250 times.

250 x 10 = 2,500 minutes

2,500 / 60 = ~42 hours

You would have to do nothing but kill Regor for eight hours a day for five days to do that. Even if you cut it down to 5 minutes per Regor kill, that's still 20 hours of nothing but killing Regor, and the Natah quest was only added on July 31st.

It seems more likely that the OP is simply overestimating how many times they've killed Regor, and/or there are other factors at play, like maybe the OP missed it or you have to search side rooms and whatnot i.e. you can't just make a beeline for Regor and ignore the rest of the level.

Depending on the company and how they set up their RNG, that is either a very low chance or extremely normal. The last time I heard of RNG being that horrible was a situation in a Facebook game where some guy dropped over two grand on in game gold trying to get a rare weapon from a 9 tile slot system. Didn't get the thing he wanted and most of the drops he got would be the equivalent of running a t4-5 mission and getting only Ammo drums.