Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Liset Concept] Orbiter Expansion - Build Your Own Base

Morec0

Look, let's not mince words: all know we want this. But what is it we want? Well, this is what I want out of it: I want to be able to build my own place within my Orbiter, I want to be able to construct the interior of my own ship. Forget Dojos, I want something that can TRULY be MY OWN.

So, do that with the Orbiters. Dojos are already on the way out in terms of what they provide, imo, and while I suppose research will always draw people back I feel that, ultimately, they have nothing to offer what with Relays being a thing. So, let's take the ONE fun element of it that no Relay could ever hope to match, the construction, and put it soley in the hands of the individual player.

Take the Orbiter Compartment from a Closet and make it into a place that truly feels like it belongs to a Tenno arming themself for war.

"But I don't want to have to walk through hall after hall just to get to my arsenal or my mod collections!" You say.

Well, aside from the menu screen which basically provides fast-travel I say there's no reason to remove the aforemention closet; hell it can stay right where it is. Aside from making sure players have quick access to everything of theirs it will also allow them to have full customization of their Orbiter without having to build certain segments JUST to get their Foundry (which also means DE wont have to rework all of the tutorial quest).

"But how would you get into the orbiter to start building without making that place the room from which you start?" You ask again.

See the spoiler for a beautiful artistic representation of a teleporter pad build right into the current Orbiter Closet that will allow you to teleport into the starting room of your Orbiter:

QC25FWq.jpg

Hell, you don't even NEED the above anymore. How we could just start building from those two rooms off to the side in the lower level of the Orbiter.

But what good would this do? Why should this even be a thing?

Because, as I said, building the Dojo is the best part of it. This would allow you to take that system and make it completely your own, rather than having to just mumble and grumble as your clan lead builds a Dojo for themselves. But it could also provide some fun gameplay functions: adding in certain rooms would allow you to upgrade certain parts of your ship's systems, making them more effective. It would be costly, but the rewards could be great and totally up to your determination of which you want.

Some possibilities I thought of are within the spoiler:

Armory - Gain additional mod/appearance customization slots for Weapons and Warframes.

Kennel - Unlock Genetic Foundry upgrades, such as the ability to hold more than one Kubrow/Kuria Egg at a time!

Forge - To enhance your ability to craft new equipment with speedier construction times and, possibly, stacking construction orders (Twooo Grakata at once!).

Vault - More efficient modding fusing!

Coms. Station - Set up LFG and Trade Requests in a system that allows people to scroll through and select what they want to respond to (not QUITE an AH, but close).

Docking Attachment - Invite a squad-worth of fellow Tenno around to secretly plan within the safety of your Orbiter, as well as upgrade your Extractors!

Embassy - Bring ambassadors from your allied Syndicates into your Orbiter to provide bonuses, or even bring them on missions to help, and other Syndicate-related bonuses.

And of course there could also be a TON of vanity rooms, potentially lifted from the Dojo gardens and whatnot. Could there be more? Yes. Could there be less? Also yes, in fact I would favor that as it would keep the Obriter from becoming TOO crowded.

"Yeah, but it will still need to have reactors build all throughout it, that alone will clutter it up." You again say, not yet having learned I have a clever retort waiting in the wings.

But aha, dear reader! I have a clever retort waiting in the wings! For rather than relying on Reactors that must be build to power these rooms you instead gain additional room space based on your MR rating! The higher your rating the room halls and rooms you can add!

And thus this ALSO gives the Master Rank some significance outside of just telling everyone how much time you have sunk into leveling weapons you haven't touched since you made them (and the occasional loadout slot)! Do some people have more MR than others because of exclusives? Yes, but by amounts that are negligible, and it's not like MR-to-room would be a 1-to-1 ratio either, but that kind of number crunching is something I'm not concerning myself with at this moment.

Oh, and one final word: since you would be the only one able to contribute to this construction, 100% of all resources put into a room, should you choose to destroy it, could go RIGHT back into your own pocket for use on other projects - rather forma a Warframe than have your kennel? BOOM! Destroy the Kennel and reclaim your Forma!

So, what are your thoughts? How would you like to have your own base attached to your Liset built by you?
Edited by Morec0

The Dojo already lets us build our own interiors. It makes no sense to be able to change the interior layout of your space-ship without changing the external features as well. This feature is unnecessary.

And Dojos are obsolete, save for research (which could very easily be moved to Relays at any time), and aren't even under your creative control unless you're the Clan master or whoever he assigned to build the dojo. I say let the players have creative control with this.

And it's not the Liset itself you're building any of this in, it's the Orbiter, the thing your Liset attaches to after every mission. This thing:warframe__tenno_carrier_by_sbigham-d8gmb

Or, to put it in 3D terms:

bkKCPlF.gif

Thing looks big enough to build inside PLENTY.

I wept whilst reading this.

Do want. Want much. Must have.

*nods in sage agreement*

Edited by Morec0

The Dojo already lets us build our own interiors. It makes no sense to be able to change the interior layout of your space-ship without changing the external features as well. This feature is unnecessary.

...What? No, it isn't exactly necessary. However, DE has already stated that the Orbiter compartment will be much larger than it currently is and is supposedly going to be customizable. It's something that's basically been promised to us already though and he's offering feedback on how to make it work ahead of time. Nothing wrong with that.

Not to mention, Dojos are basically useless save for Clan Tech items. I NEVER go to mine for anything that doesn't involve research or trading (and the occasional duel, but I foresee that being possible in Relays eventually). Beyond that, the only one who has any say over the aesthetics of the Dojo are its warlord and his appointees. Anyone that isn't a higher up within a Clan is basically out of luck and has to deal with the decisions of their superiors. This gives  every player, even those who don't belong to a Clan, the ability to have complete control over the customization of a segment of their game, by far the most commonly accessed segment, I might add. It's a QoL kind of thing.

Edited by Kestral9999

Not to mention, Dojos are basically useless save for Clan Tech items. I NEVER go to mine for anything that doesn't involve research or trading (and the occasional duel, but I foresee that being possible in Relays eventually). Beyond that, the only one who has any say over the aesthetics over the Dojo are its warlord and his appointees. Anyone that isn't a higher up within a Clan is basically out of luck and has to deal with the decisions of their superiors. This gives  every player, even those who don't belong to a Clan, the ability to have complete control over the customization a segment of their game. It's a QoL kind of thing.

Exactly the thought and intention behind this.

In truth the bonuses provided by things like the forge and whatnot could be completely removed and I'd still like it, but I DO like the idea of picking and choosing what rooms (or at least in what order you'll make these rooms) you have in order to customize your experience in your own way.

YES PLS +1

YES love the idea! 

Gratzi. Gratzi.

I wish there were some way to promote topics like this (aside from upvotes) so that you could help get them more exposure. I seriously want this.

They wouldn't even need to have the specified efficiency segments to be awesome to me. Though, a place where your Kubrows and Kurias could roam free would be truly welcomed. Sort of like the garden segments we have in the Dojos, we could have "park" segments where you could interact with them (in ways besides simply patting their heads) along with the "kennel" segments. Maybe even allow mating between them? (It'd have to be the same species, no Kubrow on Kuria action.)

Another little addition that would impress me would be if we could exit from the Orbiter and fly around it with our Archwings after they've been built. That would give reason to add Orbiter exterior customizations as well. It'd just be nice to be able to fly around in the Archwings in a non-mission based setting.

I'm only postulating, none of this stuff is necessary, they'd just make good additions in my opinion.

Edited by Kestral9999

I wish there were some way to promote topics like this so that you could help get them more exposure. I seriously want this.

They wouldn't even need to have the specified efficiency segments to be awesome to me. Though, a place where your Kubrows and Kurias could roam free would be truly welcomed. Sort of like the garden segments we have in the Dojos, we could have "park" segments where you could interact with them besides simply patting their heads along with the "kennel" segments...

... Another little addition that would impress me would be if we could exit from the Orbiter and fly around it with our Archwings after they've been built. That would give reason to add Orbiter exterior customizations as well. It'd just be nice to be able to fly around in the Archwings in a non-mission based setting.

I'm only postulating, none of this stuff is necessary, they'd just make good additions in my opinion.

This entire idea was spawned by the https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/3gwjdu/how_would_you_change_the_liset/ thread on Reddit, and I saw someone there who also wanted to be able to get your Kubrow to follow you around your ship. I see no reason to not allow such a thing within the larger orbiter, provided you have a Kennel and active kubrow/kuria. I do consider the kennel a place where your Kubrows could "roam around' - thought it would actually be locked in stasis, given the gene degeneration and all.

And yeah, gardens in the Orbiter would be pretty. As for the Archwing, I considered adding Archwings to the Docking Port in some fashion, perhaps that COULD be the way. It would allow for players to see the outside of their Liset in something other than loading screens too, in all its pain job glory.

But...

... Maybe even allow mating between them? (It'd have to be the same species, no Kubrow on Kuria action.)...

Have we learned nothing?

All reaction images aside, love the concept.

Good to know, I wasn't actually sure.

But...

Have we learned nothing?

Lol @ JonTron

I was more thinking you'd just get a message saying your female Kubrow/Kuria is pregnant and she wouldn't be available for (insert specified amount of time here). Then you would eventually get a message that contained an egg. Nothing graphic or shown.

Not even really a necessary idea, I just kinda feel bad for the genetically purified Kubrows/Kurias since they're basically gonna all die off if anything ever happens to the Tenno. This would give me hope that they have a future beyond us playing eugenics with them.

Edited by Kestral9999

Lol @ JonTron

I was more thinking you'd just get a message saying your female Kubrow/Kuria is pregnant and she wouldn't be available for (insert specified amount of time here). Then you would eventually get a message that contained an egg. Nothing graphic or shown.

Not even really a necessary idea, I just kinda feel bad for the genetically purified Kubrows/Kurias since they're basically gonna all die off if anything ever happens to the Tenno. This would give me hope that they have a future beyond us playing eugenics with them.

Eh. From a mechanics standpoint DE would never do this - it's kinda shocking they actually let us get what we did for the Incubator as easily as we could.

But from a lore standpoint, allow those kubrows to breed or not they'd still be stuck on a ship - or even if they did get send to a planet most likely they'd just evolve back into what we found them as. So it would be kinda moot - plus it's entirely possible that force-re configuring them like we did left them as sterile as the Grineer, so they possibly can't breed naturally anymore.

Eh. From a mechanics standpoint DE would never do this - it's kinda shocking they actually let us get what we did for the Incubator as easily as we could.

But from a lore standpoint, allow those kubrows to breed or not they'd still be stuck on a ship - or even if they did get send to a planet most likely they'd just evolve back into what we found them as. So it would be kinda moot - plus it's entirely possible that force-re configuring them like we did left them as sterile as the Grineer, so they possibly can't breed naturally anymore.

Fair points, I added that in as a post-thought in the first place so I'm really not that attached to the concept.

Well if that's gonna be a thing, then i want the ability to build a biological area.

In that area all of my  Kubrows could roam, instead of sleeping in the stasis and build some dens or stroll around and be cute :3

You could have to pay one DNA stabilizer per day so the inhabitate kubrows wouldn't loose health ( a vent system build with infested tech could make it possible, that's why only one stabilizer unit it needed; maybe updating it would allow more kubrows?).

The stabilizer would be substracted automaticly.

Updating the area, would improve the vent system, so that only each second day a stabilizer would be used. To update it you would have to finish a quest(chain?), to obtain the blueprint and a large chunk of ressources ( maybe part of it would be Kryotik so it would get some use)

Or maybe you could promote one of your Kubrows ( max rank only) to the rank of pack leader, allowing him to train all kubrows once a day.

This would give a set amount of exp to each mature kubrow, which could be increased by 10% for each star/forma used on the pack leader.

Kubrows of the same race would get 120% EXP, the other races only 80%.

Letting the pack leader train the pack would make him unavailable for use, just like if you would take a genetic imprint of him.

Well you might ask what's the purpose? Beside of a horde of cute kubrows?

Well maybe for the fun of leveling kubrows. Or maybe ( i really hope so) DE will implement a use for such many kubrows.

Well if that's gonna be a thing, then i want the ability to build a biological area.

In that area all of my  Kubrows could roam, instead of sleeping in the stasis and build some dens or stroll around and be cute :3

You could have to pay one DNA stabilizer per day so the inhabitate kubrows wouldn't loose health ( a vent system build with infested tech could make it possible, that's why only one stabilizer unit it needed; maybe updating it would allow more kubrows?).

The stabilizer would be substracted automaticly.

Updating the area, would improve the vent system, so that only each second day a stabilizer would be used. To update it you would have to finish a quest(chain?), to obtain the blueprint and a large chunk of ressources ( maybe part of it would be Kryotik so it would get some use)

Or maybe you could promote one of your Kubrows ( max rank only) to the rank of pack leader, allowing him to train all kubrows once a day.

This would give a set amount of exp to each mature kubrow, which could be increased by 10% for each star/forma used on the pack leader.

Kubrows of the same race would get 120% EXP, the other races only 80%.

Letting the pack leader train the pack would make him unavailable for use, just like if you would take a genetic imprint of him.

Well you might ask what's the purpose? Beside of a horde of cute kubrows?

Well maybe for the fun of leveling kubrows. Or maybe ( i really hope so) DE will implement a use for such many kubrows.

Reading this I get an idea for a Kennel upgrade that allows you to put two Kubrows or a Kubrow and Nasasp together in a "Pack" to bring them as a combined unit with you on a mission.

But that might be a bit much...

+1

Danke.

Reading this I get an idea for a Kennel upgrade that allows you to put two Kubrows or a Kubrow and Nasasp together in a "Pack" to bring them as a combined unit with you on a mission.

But that might be a bit much...

More Kubrows on my mission? Oh yeah pls! ( though i would prefer all of them, but with the 16th in the making that could cause some problems or at least some minor laggs for weak connections)

Edited by Gemenai