Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should We Get Grenades In Warframe? [ Or Mines Too ]

DzeraDragonbane

GRENADES

yes grenades or mines

Having grenades being the 4th weapon except you can't mod it [ i dont think grenade having mods are balanced ] 

Was thinking of like this

- Different variations of grenades [ cryo, anti matter grenade? , grenade that pulls items or enemies, flashbang, smoke grenade? ] 

- It is limited...... maximum of 5 and a bunch of drops from enemies although it should be rarer than sniper ammo or be as rare as sniper ammo

- You can only pick between grenades or mines [ you cant have all ] 

- We should get this grenade from some quest,enemy or boss [ Having a 4th combat option is hella useful ]

- Stats grow with mastery rank? C'mon we need a good reason to get a high mastery rank aside from unlocking weapons

By stats i mean range,damage, Area of effect, etc ,etc

- Should have a hotkey so we can throw it while using your primary/secondary/melee

All of the above applies with mines too just replace the word grenade with mines

Edited by DzeraDragonbane

I felt, a long while back, that I could *really* use some Grenades in Warframe for when I got into firefights with Grineer and was crouching behind cover.

I ended up solving that problem by building Vauban though, which gave me lots of enjoyment to ducking behind cover, tossing a Tesla over their cover behind them, and either killing them with it or watching them run from cover in panic and run into my line of fire.

That aside, much like a findable/craftable Blunt that you equip in your Gear Slots, I wouldn't mind nabbing a few of those Grenades the enemies are always throwing at me. Might be useful on the few frames like Loki or Excalibur, who don't have Ranged Attacks on their Ability 1.

Ehh, honestly I don't really see the need. Granted I don't see anything terribly wrong with grenades, but still.

We are space ninjas, where grenades don't really seem like our thing. I accept them on grineer/corpus because I feel like they are pretty thematically accurate for them. And just the fact that adding them in as another weapon seems more complicated then DE might want to mess with.

The most logical case I could see is them being added as a gear item, since those aren't really fast-paced access, but not completely non-paced access. In this game that would seem like a pretty reasonable solution to implement them.

But all in all, between warframe powers and every manner of weapon you can think of (including guns that basically FIRE grenades), I don't really see a big need or place for them.

Devs thought about grenades, but ultimately decided against them.

I wouldn't mind if there was a secondary weapon that was particularly similar to grenades, however.

Castanas?

But aye, not to mention what benefit would grenades bring to the table in any meaningful way? I honestly can't think of what they'd do other than be around to have them.

Ehh, honestly I don't really see the need. Granted I don't see anything terribly wrong with grenades, but still.

We are space ninjas, where grenades don't really seem like our thing. I accept them on grineer/corpus because I feel like they are pretty thematically accurate for them. And just the fact that adding them in as another weapon seems more complicated then DE might want to mess with.

The most logical case I could see is them being added as a gear item, since those aren't really fast-paced access, but not completely non-paced access. In this game that would seem like a pretty reasonable solution to implement them.

But all in all, between warframe powers and every manner of weapon you can think of (including guns that basically FIRE grenades), I don't really see a big need or place for them.

Yeah machine gun toting ninjas

What's so Ninja about chucking stuff that explodes? We need weapons that increase the Ninjavity level of warframe, not make it into Cod rip off #23423

We don't have to make it into grenade grenades ...... i was thinking of any actually ...... that's sci-fi'sh ....... if ninja style then smoke bombs or some poision bombs.....

Edited by DzeraDragonbane

Seems pointless, as in most games walking outside of a cover would get you killed, making the use of a grenade viable, With warframe you could pretty much just sprint out and use your rifle to kill.

However a secondary that could proc a AoE blind effect could be cool