The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Favourite Loadouts?

NoeleVeerod

Please note, this is a PvP thread. I'm already pro enough in PvE to melt everything with anything - though I admit seeing others' loadouts keeps my curiosity satisfied anyways. But seriously, I need tips for PvP loadouts here. Thanks!

Today I've had quite my share of fun as a Rhino spraying Supra while backjumping, or closing in to guys already engaged in the fray. Of course most of the guys were zipping back and forth like mosquitos, but whatever. I have to go through this to improve, right? I might actually have made some progress.

But I'm still not very able to get a decent loadout. I tried Puncture weapons since they seem to be the meta thanks to Warframes' higher susceptibility to anti-armour weapons (there was a thread with charts and stuff demonstrating that as well), but I see people using other weapons with great success, so of course meta is not the absolute rule, I see.

What are your favourite loadouts? Which weapons do you think can be used with the highest chance of success? Would you recommend experimenting, or would you rather suggest me a good loadout as useful for the advanced player as for the not so advanced?

What, in your opinion, is the meta? Is following it a good idea, or does it just kill the fun?

All hints appreciated, as always!

Edited by Vintovka

I just love walking around with Frost Prime, running the Prisma Grakata and spamming my Entropy Spike Bolto while swinging around my Karyst, stabbing enemies over and over!

(I am a Mastery Rank 20 and only tend to do high level missions, these weapons will work on high-tier.

Edited by Sphirical

Favourite conclave loadout at the moment is:

- Frost Prime (one of the best survivabilities)

- Braton Vandal (not using, just want to feel special)

- Lato Vandal (again, just to feel special)

- Dragon Nikana

Been playing this game melee-only since Close Beta and my PvE playstyle works well in PvP as well.

Depends what my objective is. If it is to actually do something, I prefer my Quanta Vandal, Lex Prime (or telos akboltos), and Kestrel. If I want to $&*^ around, it honestly can be anything. Right now I'm having fun using Zephyr to do doing bombing runs with a kulstar or hikous with Concealed Explosives.

One of my most consistent builds is: Mesa, Tigris, Telos Akboltos, and Kestrel. I've used this for awhile when I want to feel badass as hell. I usually run Draco with this and not go Mesa-turret!

Just as many fellow Tenno wrote above, it depends on the mission. For example, taking Volt to T4D is a bad idea.

But here's my loadout when it comes to playing for fun:

Loki prime - with maxed Invisibility & Disarm

Tigris - equipped with blast damage (makes dead enemies fly in the air like drunk explosives - extreme fun to look at)

Akbolto - no need to explain - Pwning pistols, best in game (and many might agree to that)

Orthos Prime - as coptering was not completely removed, Loki with Rush gives incredible mobility and enormous damage of this polearm. Just fun.

Some void missions played with this loadout ends with hordes of enemies trying to find me by loud blasts of Tigris.

Edited by MercurionPL

My favourite loadout might change, if DE decides to buff or nerf certain weapons and frames.

Currently:

Ash P

This is the run&gun frame. He has the third highest ehp in conclave and he is also the fastest frame. It's not easy to use his abilities correctly, but they are quite powerfull, if they are used in the right situations. Shuriken for delivering the finishing blow. Smoke Bomb for ambushes, tactical retreats and comebacks. Teleport as an I win this fight! button, oh wait that was bladestorm :P . And Teleport ... is useless xD .

Sybaris

It is a quite powefull weapon, but it is not easy to use with only 5 shots in the magazin (10/2). Try to follow the path of your target to have a chance to hit a second or the second bullet of your burst.

Dex Furis

Awesome anti-hp weapon. It has a rof of 20 and deals 70% puncture dmg, what is really strong once you removed the shield of your enemy. Also it is a heavy Anti-Valkyr weapon, if needed.

Dragon Nikana

The only reason, why I am using this thing, is because it has a fast slide-attack together with high dmg. I also do recommend a Bo P for this way of using melee (it's really powerfull against shields!).

I also want to try out the Jat Kittag as an anti melee weapon - this can be a really dangerous weapon once you get close to it, even if you do not use channeling.

Edited by Feyangol

Most of the time I run with MagP/Sybaris/LexP/BoP.

MagP mainly for polarize being great, BoP mostly as a finisher if the situation allows it and Lexp&Sybaris based on them being some of the highest damage per bullet weapons (well sybaris if you count a burst as one bullet - close enough). Modding wise the only stand out is that it is focused around the reload while holstered mods which is the reason why I picked a secondary with a similiar function as the primary - I want to be able to switch them around to avoid reloads without losing the feel for the weapon used.

Personally I stick with the few things I consider the best while maintaining a highly mobile style focused around low bullet counts since I prefer being proficient at something over a jack of all trades though nothing wrong with experimentation as long as one knows why one is testing a certain setup - though experimentation just for the sake of it seems a bit misguided to me (at least if the goal is to become a better player).

It is kind of too eary for meta talk considering the early stage, constant changes and lack of consensus within the player base. The way I see it there is a split between the promotion of easy to use gear and gear which is effective against advanced players (which doesn´t really overlap) but I wouldn´t pay too much attention to it - in the end the goal should be to determine the best gear for yourself which at least for me involves figureing out why something is good. The meta though doesn´t explain the why - it is just a popularity vote and considering how low the average skill level currently is it doesn´t even have the authority from experience common in more established pvp games.

Ash Prime.  Pretty much.  That or Oberon for team heals.

Daikyu with Sping-loaded Broadhead and Lucky Shot.  Been experimenting with Vectis, but it's nearly impossible to land headshots on parkour'ing targets.  Also enjoy the Strun.

Twin Grak as secondary.  Mostly a style thing.

Dragon Nik or Jat for melee.  This usually changes depending on my mood, though.  I've used Furax, Kogake, and stuff, too.

Rhino Prime

Braton Prime

Lex Prime

Dual Raza

Rhino has a great balance of health, shields, and armor. His abilities aren't as deadly as some of the others but that's fine with me. I mainly use the Iron Shrapnel augment as an easy deterrent to would be melee attackers. Now that Roar lasts a whole 30 seconds, he's even better. Rhino charge is a good finisher if you just need to get someone out of the way and every once in a while i'll use a Stomp if I want to slow someone down but this is almost never necessary.

The Braton Prime is a very well balanced weapon and since it's hitscan, it can deal with lag better as well as being less likely to miss. If you play conclave enough to get the mods, try combining Maximum Capacity with Tactical Reload and Twitch. Now you have a 98 bullet magazine and instead of reloading, just switch to your sidearm. The 20% magazine refill per second is very fast. The gun has a default of 75 bullets so you get more out of that 20% when you have 98 bullets. Also in laggy situations, the gun will refill after switching while you're still holding it which is amazing.

The Lex Prime is a powerful and accurate weapon. I use this as my long range backup for when I need a little more range. It's also high on puncture which lets me pick off the more armored frames that my Braton Prime may have trouble with. Just like before, combine Full Capacity with Eject Magazine, and Reflex Draw. You will never need to reload, just switch weapons.

The Dual Raza are quick and have an excellent balance of Slash and Puncture to evenly combat all threats. They are not too common among newer players either due to their build costs. However i'm on PS4 where coptering is still good. I'll probably switch to the Galatine and Tempo Royal once we get the next patch.

Overall my set up allows me to dominate almost all of my games. It's earned me over 11,000 kills along with a 4.6 K/D that keeps rising over time.