The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Complain About How Rng And Grindy This Game Is?

Sabrewolfe

Every thread I open there's atleast a few posts in each stating how Warframe is an RNG or grindy game in a negative way.

Do people want everything given to them for free or have everything so easily obtainable? 

Do you complainers not realise that every top MMO is a grinder and RNG. 
They even focus on grinding and RNG too much .... you play a game to have fun .. so play for fun and things will come with time ... 

I used to grumble about RnG.

Then I gain an Epiphany.

"Look Prime access is once every 3 months, do I really really really need that PRIME item now ??!"

Answer is no.

Because I realized I got 3 months to get 3 items. 

That is a long time dude.

That made me a lot happier as a player.

Since I can avoid ripoff prices and don't burn myself out for playing.

More people should do that.

Edited by fatpig84

I think it just got worse recently and people are still recovering from it. I don't really mind grind in games at all but I definitely can understand how it would feel really bad to come out of a 40 wave t4 defense with like seven Forma and 3 OCells due to weird drop tables.

ALL HAILL RNGEUSUS MAY THE GRIND BE LONG AND THE DROP CHANCE SMALL ( i only talk about rng in a playfull way, of course i get upset when i can't get a part i want *cough*day helmet*cough*, but it for these reasons that i get so exited when i finally am able to get it, a feelling of aclomplishment, so praise rng)

Edited by Dwolfknight

Every thread I open there's atleast a few posts in each stating how Warframe is an RNG or grindy game in a negative way.

Do people want everything given to them for free or have everything so easily obtainable? 

They even focus on grinding and RNG too much .... you play a game to have fun .. so play for fun and things will come with time ... 

I think it just got worse recently and people are still recovering from it. I don't really mind grind in games at all but I definitely can understand how it would feel really bad to come out of a 40 wave t4 defense with like seven Forma and 3 OCells due to weird drop tables.

The second quote, read it...

I've already experienced such a thing, although it's forma BP

I've run, like, 20 T4E keys, not even a bo prime handle, even though it's not new, how much more that last vectis part I need...

Also have recently ran Sycorax, Uranus quite an amount of times (some 30 runs, I forgot). 8 waves, still no T4E keys. Instead I get T4D keys, which I have quite a sum of...

i dunno, i don't like RNG in this game because the RNG is multiple layered? (sorry for my engrish)

Oh, and maybe people complaint because DE themselves said they want to reduce the grind, but what happen is the opposite. :D

Because there is a difference between a moderate grind and a Korean MMO style endless grind fest. It's all about the time to reward ratio. If you get that ratio correct people will play your game for years, if you don't they'll abandon it. You have to be able to play that next few hours feeling good about what you are going to get for it, rather than hopeless. Warframe is rapidly approaching the point where attempting to acquire what you want can feel pretty hopeless, especially as far as void rewards are concerned. About the time you get your 43rd paris prime part, forma, etc. instead of what you are looking for, those next few hours start looking pretty bad.

It keeps you going. Grind is an awesome way to keep people going at this game. This game is all about progression, so it's a way of keeping people occupied for a while.

Also when you finally achieve what you set out to do, the feeling is amazing.

This is like the epitome of "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."

But of course, the drop chances have to be reasonable.

There has to be balance between the grind and the rewards. Right now people are running so many missions, and receiving forma after forma. The fact that drop chances are so unreasonably low weighs the scale completely in DE's favour.

Like RedDirtTrooper said, the ratio has to be correct.

Edited by TheKingOfAllNoobs

i dunno, i don't like RNG in this game because the RNG is multiple layered? (sorry for my engrish)

Oh, and maybe people complaint because DE themselves said they want to reduce the grind, but what happen is the opposite. :D

First statement example: Mesa, RNG for the coords, then another RNG for the parts

Second statement example: Equinox w/ 8 parts

Because there is a difference between a moderate grind and a Korean MMO style endless grind fest. It's all about the time to reward ratio. If you get that ratio correct people will play your game for years, if you don't they'll abandon it. You have to be able to play that next few hours feeling good about what you are going to get for it, rather than hopeless. Warframe is rapidly approaching the point where attempting to acquire what you want can feel pretty hopeless, especially as far as void rewards are concerned. About the time you get your 43rd paris prime part, forma, etc. instead of what you are looking for, those next few hours start looking pretty bad.

This right here.

It keeps you going. Grind is an awesome way to keep people going at this game. This game is all about progression, so it's a way of keeping people occupied for a while.

There has to be balance.

Not if the game gives you 8x forma BP in a T4D it isn't. All T4 voids I've played and I've yet to get a built forma...That is just wrong, I mean the hardest tier and you get BPs???

Edited by p3z1

People aren't asking for items to be delivered to them on a plate. What they're generally after is fairness in the grind. Warframe stresses the 'unfairness' very well. Couple that up with the tediousness makes for a poor combination. Plus I don't feel entirely rewarded for time put in or efforts. I.e an orokin cell for a 40+ run on a t3 or t4 mission. Suggests being out of touch with players and poor RNG and unrewarding grind.

The fact that data miners found out a while ago about warframes terrible terrible drop rates and DE had to 'apologise' but then implement alterations to try and prevent such datamining, to an extent, that says it all.

Edited by Naith

There has to be balance between the grind and the rewards. Right now people are running so many missions, and receiving forma after forma. The fact that drop chances are so unreasonably low weighs the scale completely in DE's favour.

Like RedDirtTrooper said, the ratio has to be correct.

They really shouldn't have gotten rid of the downvote button.

Fair points from everyone.

I do agree that some loot tables do need some rework. However the guy who posted about the data mining and DE's response .. well looks like loot tables aren't gonna change anytime soon.

DE's company have masses of market data so they know how to turn profits so they can get more money, it will always be like this for a free to play game but at least DE are more fair than nearly every other free to play game. 

Speaking for others is rude but I assume you ask for opinion, not for the most likely reasons for complaints?

Otherwise - people complain on RNG because it makes even fun tasks repeatable, therefore annoying and at the end no fun at all. 

Grinding for leveling in Warframe is stupidly easy. Mastery rank means nothing except that you got the time to make it. 

Grinding for drops/rewards is testing luck. It can make a saint ragequit.

All the real rewards we get are really tools for obtaining more tools. Sure, there are cosmetics and overall visual swag you can go for but it also has nothing to do with skill or ability to play this game on a decent level, cooperate or socialize.

The ONLY real challenges are the one we pull on ourselves by adding artificial restrictions. Otherwise, the game is easy.

Nerfs make people rage for the same reason, the worst ones were done against efficient gathering of resources and rewards. Screw synergy, logic, fun, DE makes Warframe the grindfest whenever it's possible so we skip it with plat BUT the grind is the ONLY content so we pay to skip playing or play=grind. 

Fair points from everyone.

I do agree that some loot tables do need some rework. However the guy who posted about the data mining and DE's response .. well looks like loot tables aren't gonna change anytime soon.

DE's company have masses of market data so they know how to turn profits so they can get more money, it will always be like this for a free to play game but at least DE are more fair than nearly every other free to play game.

Yeah I doubt they'll change. It's been a lengthy time since DE said in the devstream something along the lines of 'we're aware of the grind' and implied they wanted to reduce it. They did and have been doing the exact opposite instead.

It's very clear what their intentions truly are. But yes, they've been nicer than other dev's but that doesn't mean the other glaring problems aren't still as bad.

In most games when your grinding for new weapons and armour you get the full set. In warframe you have to farm for several different peices and then craft and the worst part is all armour and cosmetics in warframe cost plat...and they don't even boost armour rating at all.

In most games when your grinding for new weapons and armour you get the full set. In warframe you have to farm for several different peices and then craft and the worst part is all armour and cosmetics in warframe cost plat...and they don't even boost armour rating at all.

You said it yourself, they are cosmetics

The solution to the grind, psychologically, is just to not "go for" anything - i.e. don't expect anything, just play for fun,and stuff either comes or it doesn't.

Which is fine, it's actually possible to play that way.

The problem with that is it clashes against the idea of "make your own goals".

But does it?  That's precisely the point at which DE have to strike a delicate balance: they want to offer you the option to bypass some grind for plat, but they don't want to make it so bad that you feel forced. 

I think on the whole the balance is struck pretty well in this game.  New things are things that established players generally want, and they're the things behind RNG walls for the most part, then the conditions relax over time (or they're rotated out). 

I think there have been some grumbles about recent RNG - I myself have not gotten any of the "serious" Ash parts (just the easy-to-get chassis, and once a helmet) in all the time since Ash has gone live, despite doing all the relevant missions countless times.  That doesn't bother me much, because I'm not particularly interested in Ash Prime except to sell for plat, and I've obviously missed that boat.  But I think if I really, really wanted Ash Prime, and wanted to get him by playing for him and not paying for him, I'd definitely be frustrated, and maybe even a bit annoyed, by now.

Edited by Omnimorph

The solution to the grind, psychologically, is just to not "go for" anything - i.e. don't expect anything, just play for fun,and stuff either comes or it doesn't.

-snip-

It isn't fun if you are getting S#&$e rewards (20 40 min forma bp in a T4D anyone?). It feels good if you get something...rewarding...in a mission, something that makes it feel all worth it.

Now DE could make rewards scale, but I don't think many of the players would want it (lol sarcasm).

Edited by p3z1