Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dwagon's Top Weapons List

SolarDwagon

Question

This guide is not intended to give an exhaustive breakdown of every weapon worth using. This is is simply a quick guide to what I see as star performers in each class, and some quick notes on those.

Many other weapons in game are hugely enjoyable to use, and I understand this, and in person would advise people to try out many more weapons than these.

Any weapon marked as Critical Damage will take minimum investment of a catalyst, and possibly forma, to reach the levels that I'm comparing weapons at.

Most of my ratings are based around fully catalysed, fully forma'd weapons.

Primary Weapons

The stars:

Tonkor
Acqusition: Market
Type: Critical Damage Grenade Launcher.

Notes: This weapon will take a little getting used to the arc with, but the damage potential per unit ammo more than makes up for the rare ammo type.

Hek
Acqusition: Market/Syndicate

Type: Base Damage Slug Shotgun

Notes: This weapon requires Syndicate mod from Steel Meridian to deserve this rating. Works best with the nightmare punch/reload mod as well.

The honourable mentions:

Soma Prime:
Acquisition: Void
Type: Critical Damage LMG
Notes: While technically falling into the LMG category, the high accuracy of single or burst shots goes a long way into improving the versatility and ammo efficiency of this weapon.

Dread/Paris Prime
Acquisition: Stalker/Void
Type: Critical Damage Bow
Notes: These two are close enough to include them in a single entry. Travel time and arc require some play and understanding, but for any mission requiring precision and stealth these will be your go-to's.

Boltor Prime:
Type: Base Damage Bolt Thrower
Notes: Base inaccuracy and travel time means burst fire is the way to use this weapon even on single targets, but the raw power of this weapon is undeniable if you can control the ammo usage.

Burston Prime
Acquisition: Void/Syndicate
Type: Base Damage Burst Rifle
Notes: While on paper the stats are unassuming, when paired with the syndicate mod from Arbiters of Hexis the Burston Prime achieves a suprising amount of firepower, with the inbuilt efficiency of the 3-shot burst mode.

Secondaries

The star:

Vaykor Marelok
Acqusition: Syndicate
Type: Critical Damage Magnum Handgun
Notes: Between the massive base damage, the high (for secondary) critical stats, massive status, and larger magazine than its Grineer base, this is the star performer of secondaries for both ammo consumption and power. Coupled with a healing syndicate power, this is the only secondary you'll ever need again.

The honourable mentions:

Synoid Gammacor:
Acquisition: Syndicate
Type: Base Damage Beam Weapon
Notes: This used to be widely used, however the increase to its ammo consumption has seen usage fall off. Still an extremely powerful DPS weapon if ammo usage can be controlled, and with punch-through can easily sweep hallways.

Telos Akbolto

Acquisition: Syndicate
Type: Base Damage Bolt Throwers
These lack the ammo effeciency of their Marelok syndicate cousin, and the travel time also decreases the usefulness of these still-powerful semi-auto secondaries. Firing multiple semi-auto shots can also become tiring on the mouse hand. Nevertheless, these deserve a mention for the power they can bring.

Sancti Castana
Acqusition: Syndicate
Type: Remote Trigger Shock Traps
A fun weapon to use, the downsides to these is their low ammo pool of a rare damage type, and the potential for self-electrocution. Still, these weapons can provide a warlike imagination fertile ground, and can do massive damage when built correctly.

Melee Weapons

The stars:

Prisma Dual Cleavers
Acquisition: Baro Ki'Teer, Void Trader
Type: Critical Damage Dual Sword
Notes: Arguably the king of light melee, these have replaced the Dual Ichors as my personal default. With high base damage for a critical weapon as well as great crit stats, and an extremely usable attack speed, these are a definite winner. Doubly so if you play Valkyr-I am not aware of any other weapon that gives her Hysteria ability as much power

Scindo Prime

Type: Heavy Axe
Notes: It's big, it's heavy, and it hits like a truck. Combine this with knockdown combos in the stance mods, and I think I've made the point.

Jat Kittag
Acquisition: Clan
Type: Heavy Hammer
Notes: See above, plus spin to win.

Bo Prime

Type: Staff
Notes: While not having the raw power of the weapons above, this staff still has surprising lethality for its speed, reach, and potential for hitting crowds of enemies with each sweep. A high status chance also allows for builds utilising this to open up both crowd control and deadly options.

Honourable mentions:

Dex Dakra
Acquisition: Warframe 2nd (and further?) Anniversary
Type: Dual Longsword
Notes: While not currently obtainable, hopefully this will return next anniversary. This weapon's strengths lie in its massive base damage, deadly sliding attack, and long reach, but are offset by the slow base attack speed.

Orthos Prime
Acqusition: Void
Type: Dual Bladed Staff
Notes: This weapon's massive reach will allow you to clean rooms with ease when combined with Primed Reach, but its damage can leave a little to be desired against stronger enemies.

Edited by SolarDwagon

9 answers to this question

The topic title is misleading. This isn't a guide to "arsenal selection", it's a list of weapons you think are the best, or at least see others think are the best.

Funnily enough, 90% of the time that's what people ask about-what's "best".

You may have noticed that I stated riiiiight at the beginning that there are many other weapons that are perfectly fun and fine to use. Then again, probably not, since you seem to have a hate-on for anything to do with the word "best".

Funnily enough, 90% of the time that's what people ask about-what's "best".

Absolutely, and it's a terrible habit, please don't perpetuate it.

You made a topic and disguised it as something else, that's what people are reacting to. No one is attacking you so please don't get belligerent.

I feel Tigris should be considered an honorable mention seeing its high damage potential, with the main drawbacks being the unique trigger and base 2 shots, unless its those drawbacks keeping the weapon from making your personal list

Yeah most of these are mid T weapons now.

Really now, I'd like to see how the Hek is considered mid tier, or the Tonkor, or the Vaykor Marelok?

Also:

THIS IS THE FIRST THING I WROTE

This guide is not intended to give an exhaustive breakdown of every weapon worth using. This is is simply a quick guide to what I see as star performers in each class, and some quick notes on those.

Many other weapons in game are hugely enjoyable to use, and I understand this, and in person would advise people to try out many more weapons than these.

READ IT DAMMIT

Edited by SolarDwagon