The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not At All Hyped For The Brawler Frame (My Opinion)

XtheMATTx

So a frame's looks are now a judge of it? 

Man if he actually does look like his concept art it'll be Chroma all over again. 

I actually LOVE chroma's "alt" Helm. 

And what is up with everyone thinking it looks like bacon? Are y'all that obsessed with bacon that everytime something has a small resemblance to bacon that you think it is.... bacon? (not directed to you koza :) )

Sorry, I don't really watch many devstreams or keep up with warframe news, but do we typically get a lot more info on a frame before it is released?

During the early stages they may give an image and an idea of what the abilities are for it. As it comes close to release they may show some gameplay. It's never very detailed to be honest.

My problem with melee focused frames in one word: NULLIFIERS

maybe it's just me, but i completely stopped using valkyr in T3/T4 because of them. no, i'm not a hyteria spammer, i did use a warcry build but if you don't melee chroma is a straight upgrade.

also, excal is not a melee focused frame because he shoots flying bananas

Yet limbo, a jester, a pirate, a cowboy, a cat, and a goat all belong in the game too.

A... a goat? Which frame is that? But yeah, cowboy and magician are way worse than bacon, the others could be more vague but honestly aren't that terrible visually.

A... a goat? Which frame is that? But yeah, cowboy and magician are way worse than bacon, the others could be more vague but honestly aren't that terrible visually.

I believe he meant Oberon, which is some fairy-king, deer inspired thing? Well that and the whole Paladin ideas for this skills and such and overall theme as well. I don't really know the specifics since I don't use him, so anyone can correct me since this is just coming off the top of my head lol.

Speaking of which OP, I think you should have used words more towards "first impressions" for the concept art and the overall theme they are going for. Though I don't like those kind of themes myself, I'm still going to give it a shot. Hell, I thought Zephyr was going to be lame, and a good year later, she's my most played frame of all time (I guess you could consider it my main next to Mesa, because I friggen love her 1st and 3rd abilities).

I believe he meant Oberon, which is some fairy-king, deer inspired thing? Well that and the whole Paladin ideas for this skills and such and overall theme as well. I don't really know the specifics since I don't use him, so anyone can correct me since this is just coming off the top of my head lol.

Yeah it would be an Oberon reference. I'm not sure goat is accurate though, he is often referenced against various different horned, four legged animals. Markhor (the name of one of his helms) is indeed a type of goat, but the Oryx (another alt helm) is a type of antelope. Auberon is, as you said, king of the fairies in certain mythologies and appears in A Midsummer Night's Dream. 

I think the theme for Oberon when it comes to the crazy helmet themes and the hooves is basically "any hooved animals with antlers", I don't think he is specifically supposed to reference deer/goat/antelope etc.