Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Op - Conclave "absorb" & Jat Kittag - Nerf It!

DON_RevXDev

Please review Nyx "Absorb" in Conclave, it's VERY OP and annoying, i just faced a multikill (of 7 players dying) from "Absorb" pulling them literally from meters and just killing them, and they recast it every second, + Jat Kittag being also a very annoying help to it! Seriously! Go check a PvP match! Everyone bringing only Nyx cuz of "Absorb" and Jat Kittag for knockdowns ... i'm leaving conclave for now, cuz it's unplayable and VERY annoying seeing a squad of "Absorb" against you and Jat Kittag that won't even let you get up for a sec. - What you think about it? Are you also annoyed by "Absorb" being spawned everywhere and pulling you into it from miles away? and Jat Kittag knocking you all the time from kilometers?

Edited by RevXdev.com

Chaos? It's probably Absorb you are thinking of. I never see anyone using Chaos, but Absorb is pretty common.

Yeah, though, Jat definitely needs a nerf (and is getting one). As for Absorb, just roll away from it once or twice. Even if they have the augment that pulls you in, you can usually escape it.

Jatt kitag is just fine u can run away from it

Jat Kittag is not fine as is. Face some one that doesnt just mindlessly spam it and you'll understand why its broken.

There are a lot of people that do spam it and nothing else, but those are the people that are pretty easy to counter. There are others that will use the knockdown while still having their rifle equipped, and it leaves a big enough opening to get shots off, or combine it with a power like Rhinos shatter augment for Iron skin.

Jat Kittag is not fine as is. Face some one that doesnt just mindlessly spam it and you'll understand why its broken.

There are a lot of people that do spam it and nothing else, but those are the people that are pretty easy to counter. There are others that will use the knockdown while still having their rifle equipped, and it leaves a big enough opening to get shots off, or combine it with a power like Rhinos shatter augment for Iron skin.

That sounds more like player skill, than something being broken.

The problem with absorb is, thanks to the amount of energy we got, every nyx use it as soon as they see somebody. So, if you have already shot him/her few bullets, or an arrow of daikyu, or worst of it, being stuck in a melee combo's animation, you die; and if you don't, you get KD and get hit by a burst rifle... this seems to be the most easy tactics. Add some dumb people hitting the ball by purpose or some teammate, you die.

And yes, you can run away. Basically you can run away from everything and have a nice round of hide and seek.

Absorb energy comsuption has been increased a lot, its an immobile target and has sounds to avoid it, with the nerf on staggers mind control is nearly useless against good players who dont keep shooting at you, absorb is the only usefull tool for a frame with the worst defenses.

Lets be rational, if someone keep shooting absorb is their problem, learn to avoid it, is not that hard even with the augment.

Jat kittag is just OP, that is a fact but there you have people running with sybaris 24/7 and other secretly OP weapons and i dont see any complain about it...

There is a clearly difference between "good" and OP, absorb is good not OP, we are gonna repeat the same mistakes as Valkyr paralysis and kulstar...

Can't play a single pvp match in peace because Nyx-es are everywhere non-stop spamming Absorb. They can cast it at any time they want to since it's only limited by energy drain, it makes them invulnerable to any kind of damage while it's active so they can easily escape from any kind of situation, even a single shot in it is enough to kill everybody nearby after the damage is released and the worst of all is that even if it takes no damage at all it'll still deal a rather large portion of it knocking every enemy down nearby (usually shieldless) making them an easy target. It definitely needs a huge nerf.

Absorb is easily dodged if you run away from it, as Nyx will need to charge it for some time OR have someone (presumably the targets) shoot at her to deal serious damage. If she casts Absorb AND unleashes it shortly after that, you will receive some minor damage and get knocked down, but that's hardly helpful if you are surrounded or against experienced players.

If you are not running away from Absorb and/or fail to realise that you are shooting it, that's you being caught off guard. Always expect such a move from a Nyx.

About Jat Kittags I don't know, I have seen people using if very efficiently to the point of annoyance, but some others are just making a fool of themselves while other people in the distance rip their arses off. If they lag out, well, that's another story.

(I have also tried Nyx, and honestly it's not my favourite choice, I guess she's only popular because of Absorb spam, but really, it's not as effective all the time as it sounds)

Edited by Vintovka