Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Umbra Experience: Why You Should Not Be Excited For The New Warframe

-dicht.ThanksFrost-

just going to ignore you now

So, no proof to back up your claims? Do you accept you are wrong and misinformed? Just understand that all Warframes were (at one point) a Prime variant and the non-Prime variants we see today are imitations of their former master's work. It doesn't even take that long to figure it out, either.

Along with Warframe Prime variants, it's safe to assume that there are also Umbra variants since the release of Umbra Excalibur (Prime)

Edited by Xiusa

Although I preffer umbras to be cosmetics only, I don't care if they are new frames to be grinded as long as it doesn't affect people who don't want to farm them. I mean diluting drop tables even further, getting umbra parts when farming other stuff.

Edited by EdBazokatone

I think you should rename your topic so it sounds like "The Umbra Experience: Why You should not be Excited for the New Warframe IF YOU ARE A FOUNDER".

Seriously, stop complaining about non-founders getting a better version of Excalibur.

Yes, well adjusted individuals are known for being "hysterical".

*eye roll*

Moot point considering we're getting the pre-capture version of Valkyr as a skin. Also, why do you think Valkyr was a " well adjusted individual" before she was captured?

Regarding prime Warframes: Rebecca once said that all warframes can get a prime version, which doesn't mean that all of them actually will get one.

If Valkyr gets a Prime, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't give her a different set of abilities, though.

Or.. Just dont complain and just dont touch Umbra warframes, everyones happy?

No, NOT everyone's happy. What's with the "I don't care about your worries, so shut up"-attitude in these forums?

Seriously, the Umbra being a new line of entire frames wouldn't make sense if the stats are the exact same as prime versions.

No, NOT everyone's happy. What's with the "I don't care about your worries, so shut up"-attitude in these forums?

Seriously, the Umbra being a new line of entire frames wouldn't make sense if the stats are the exact same as prime versions.

They aren't the exact same. In the case of Excalibur Umbra, it has more energy, but slightly less armor than Excalibur Prime. Not sure about polarities.

In general, we need varients for Mastery, the nessecary points to reach level 30 is stratospheric.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

They aren't the exact same. In the case of Excalibur Umbra, it has more energy, but slightly less armor than Excalibur Prime. Not sure about polarities.

In general, we need varients for Mastery, the nessecary points to reach level 30 is stratospheric.

basing it off the chinese version, it's got the same armor value. the global version however is unknown.

Addressing some dense individuals, The thread is about Umbra's as a whole. Excal won't be the only Umbra. The ones making this into a founder vs non founder thread are you guys bashing founders cause you have selective reading. 

On topic: Umbra's are a giant gimmick that needs to just end at Excal, weapons, i could get behind as long as there are no more boltors/grakata/GORGONS! because there are weapons. it would be nice to have some weapons like grineer and corpus have a nice update to their models along side a buff. but having pretty much 24 variations of existing frames that are gonna have a prime version already, it's rediculous

[All the Founder-hate in this thread]

For goodness sake, the Founders are why we have this game in the first place.

On topic:  What concerns me about Umbras being their own frames is that it will add another layer of obsolescence over the vanilla frames (anyone who thinks that the Umbras won't be statistical upgrades of the base frames is kidding themselves).  Significant portions of the playerbase already abandon vanilla frames when Primes are released (I can't remember the last time I saw anyone else running non-Prime Ember in a pug match).  I'm just concerned that Umbra frames will make the actual core lineup of frames even less relevant than they already are.

Thats the WHOLE POINT OF WARFRAME.

Get something, level it up, forma it, RINSE WASH AND REPEAT. 

We all eat it up too, its a very basic carrot-on-a-stick style of gameplay that has a very simple formula, and is highly addicting. 

Dont tell me not to be excited for something that looks way better than any version of excal out right now. Who are you to tell me what I dont want? I absolutely would love to get my hands on an Umbra Excal, or even an Umbra Volt if it looks half as good compared to Umbra Excal. Also this would be the SECOND time leveling excal for a vast majority of the community. We arent all founders like you.

Its been pretty much implied at this point that we are getting Umbras as a whole unique piece of gear. 

Don't tell me what and what not to be excited about.

I like the idea of Umbras, I never liked the gold on primes and because umbra has its rooks in the color black, of which I am a fan of, the coloring will be much nicer to me.

Who do you think you are? The government?

Or.. Just dont complain and just dont touch Umbra warframes, everyones happy?

Personally I am looking forward to a whole new set of Warframes. People new to the game will have more selection about which look they want to go for and those who have been around for a while will have something new to work for.

Frankly I am just grateful that content is still being developed.

While I do think that the Umbra's should have at least one unique or modified power, or some standout passive, to differentiate, beyond being a reskin, the addition of varients is needed. Its a net positive, for everyone. If you are unmotivated by what the Umbra's have to offer, then ingore them.

They aren't variants. They are just direct upgrades. And who wants to repeatedly upgrade the same thing with a different skin multiple times. Prime frames themselves never should have been made since they are really only reskins. Just saying "if you don't like it, don't use it" doesn't help because 1) It's just being rude and dismissive and 2) it shows how brainwashed the Warframe community is by the developers. They see the devs as these amazing generous people who make lots of free content for players to enjoy when in reality half the reason content is created is to make money. Just passively accepting it doesn't help anyone, including the developers.

The OP is asking for players to stop and think and to not buy into this whole Umbra thing.

Edited by blobjim

They aren't variants. They are just direct upgrades. And who wants to repeatedly upgrade the same thing with a different skin multiple times. Prime frames themselves never should have been made since they are really only reskins. Just saying "if you don't like it, don't use it" doesn't help because 1) It's just being rude and dismissive and 2) it shows how brainwashed the Warframe community is by the developers. They see the devs as these amazing generous people who make lots of free content for them to enjoy when in reality it's all a marketing strategy. Just passively accepting it doesn't help anyone, including the developers.

Could you wear a hat that isn't made out of tinfoil, please? It's really distracting when the sun shines on it.

Literally the only thing we know about the Umbra series is what we saw from China's Umbra Excalibur PRIME. We've seen ONE that's exclusive to China. We haven't seen any of the ones that we're getting

Edited by Xiusa

Thank you for this. My thoughts exactly.

Could you wear a hat that isn't made out of tinfoil, please? It's really distracting when the sun shines on it

I don't think I understand what you're saying. Besides, I just posted that, how did you carefully consider what I wrote and craft a thoughtful reply in that amount of time?

Thank you for this. My thoughts exactly.

I don't think I understand what you're saying. Besides, I just posted that, how did you carefully consider what I wrote and craft a thoughtful reply in that amount of time?

It's based on the middle of what you said, how everyone is brain washed.

Edited by Xiusa