Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Umbra Experience: Why You Should Not Be Excited For The New Warframe

-dicht.ThanksFrost-

Personally I am just like if something what changes what it used to be in real life. I just say to myself.

"Well let's see how this goes and make something out of it as we go. We are humans and masters of settling in to new things when just give them a go"

The amount of actually not reading anything in this thread is absolutely amazing. This is not specifically about Umbra Excal, but Umbra stuff in general. Do we really need another generation of frames making the base frames obsolete? Thats what people are talking about here, not some stupid founders vs non founders rubbish that people constantly spout here. There's no way of a decent discussion until people get past spouting that stuff, its almost to the point where DE should remove the founders badge from the forums, since it seems that it just means that any form of reasonable discussion is impossible if you have a founders badge next to your name.

I love you

TBH I think Umbras themselves should be upgrades of the regular/prime frames that we have, like something that's slightly beyond level 30, as to what they would unlock I'm unsure right now but I think it'd be a cool thing to have.

Maybe something to add to the ever infamous focus system?

The amount of actually not reading anything in this thread is absolutely amazing. This is not specifically about Umbra Excal, but Umbra stuff in general. Do we really need another generation of frames making the base frames obsolete? Thats what people are talking about here, not some stupid founders vs non founders rubbish that people constantly spout here. There's no way of a decent discussion until people get past spouting that stuff, its almost to the point where DE should remove the founders badge from the forums, since it seems that it just means that any form of reasonable discussion is impossible if you have a founders badge next to your name.

The question is, do we really need more frames that outclass the base frame. We already have the primes that straight up make the base frames obsolete do we actually need to make them even more obsolete? If its a straight up alternative frame with no obvious benefits over the base frames then all is well and good. It would be even better if it was simply an alternative skin, but since its confirmed its a separate frame then I think we're past that at this point.

Yay! Someone who gets it!

The only Umbra Warframe that has a reason to be made a Warframe on its own is Excalibur Umbra so that non-founders can have an Excalibur with the same stats as the Prime.

I can't see why this would be a problem for anyone.

All other Umbra Warframes should just be skins.

Seriously, it baffles me how many people just jump on the bandwagon that all founders are for some reason against everything relating remotely to non-founders getting more than the regular Excalibur.

Yay! Someone who gets it!

The only Umbra Warframe that has a reason to be made a Warframe on its own is Excalibur Umbra so that non-founders can have an Excalibur with the same stats as the Prime.

I can't see why this would be a problem for anyone.

All other Umbra Warframes should just be skins.

Seriously, it baffles me how many people just jump on the bandwagon that all founders are for some reason against everything relating remotely to non-founders getting more than the regular Excalibur.

Exactly this. The rest should re-read.

I am ok with farming a new series. They so far are better than primes and to our knowledge will be a limited series.

I don't know why people are complaining about this just now, one of the first things said about it that wasn't disputed was that it'd be a limited series it's not like the news should come as a shock.

Isn't this whole thing just to satisfy exclusivity really? Excalibur Prime Umbra exist so China players can have exclusive Frame that made people play it instead of international. And Excalibur Umbra exist so international players won't feel nonexclusive. They aren't actually intended to be a new part of gameplay.

I can imagine that DE are just like "alright, alright lets just make it and be done with it"

I dont see a point to an Umbra Warframe.  Skin?  Sure, but entirely new frame? naw.  Its like how we have 3 Gorgons...

Its like DE has run out of imagination or something. 

Even Primes just seem like  they are just there to inflate the amount of stuff to master for MR.

What if missions with sentient faction be like orokin void misdions.

New sentient weapons, umbras drops in sentient survival rot. C and defense rot. C .

Rewards for win tower 1-4 all type of missions, more forma bp everywhere but new faction weapons.

Before you begin making assumptions about my opinion like a certain blind hater did I'll let you know that I don't mind Umbra Excal as a different frame to fill that gap. However I am simply concerned about this becoming a trend where our normal frame variants will become nothing but mastery fodder when several direct upgrades are available.

However I am also willing to see just how 'limited' Umbras are going to be if it is that DE sticks to that word, it's all speculation by now until Umbra Excal has a far more official announcement for the international versions.

LOL when have the non-prime variant not been mastery fodder when the prime the can be farmed? The prime have always been better then the normal, there is no point in not using the prime.

As long as they look cool I don't care

The Founder salt is real. 

Personally, I just like the thought of being able to have either a prime or Umbra of every frame.  It also gives us an option for the frames that would not make sense as a Prime, such as Valkyr.

Valkyr makes sense to be Primed tho. She wasn't made by the Corpus like everyone seems to think, they simply found her and tortured her

As long as they look cool I don't care

Valkyr makes sense to be Primed tho. She wasn't made by the Corpus like everyone seems to think, they simply found her and tortured her

It's pretty clear that her move set is a result of the torture and such, so it doesn't make sense to have a primed version of her with the same abilities.

Or.. Just dont complain and just dont touch Umbra warframes, everyones happy?

With the umbras comming, I decided to do some research on them. And based on it this is what i found

1) Umbra can be released after the exclusivity in china

2) Umbras are a WHOLE NEW FRAME

Thats right, parts, leveling and all players will most likely have to farm for this content and level it for the THIRD time (in excalibur's case).

Now why is this bad? Simply put, this is copy pasted recycled content. Simple as that. Primes are enough, as the void has higher level content which gives out somewhated better rewarded (aka upgraded versions of existing gear) but this, this is just ridiculous. If maybe, umbras hve radically different stats that promote exotic play styles then I would be totally fine with this. Simple stat upgrades wont work this time.

Outside of china players do not want another set of frames to farm and level, leave that to the primes. Umbras outside of china should be the following:

A ) Skins: Everything is okay for purchase as long as it's a cosmetic. If people like umbra excal, then they can go buy the skin. Simple as that

B) Intergral leveling: Leveling a frame can become an umbra, or completing a certain set of trials with that frame will give you the option to swap between umbra and normal variants.

C) Old Frame Recyclables: I am a warframe hoarder, and because of that I tend to keep all of my frames, with the exception of volt and rhino. This system will give high mastery players some extra content and variation with their warframes that they dont use anymore:

1) Make umbra and upgradable option for normal frames

2) Make umbra mastery locked, since the cap is 20, make m13 and above players gain access to umbra models. This will incentivize players to level up their character and mastery and most importantly play the game.

3) Unlocked at the end tier syndicate level, players can purchase a reusable key that gives players access to a exclusive and difficult area. Player will have to complete certain trials, once completed the player will get the upgrade option.

Each frame has different trials, players will be doing standard, end-tier missions with friends. In excalbur's case, since he is a melee frame, the mission can be melee only or the player need to get an X amount of kills with melee.

4) Once applied you get a completey new play style for your warframe. The possibilities are endless here. For example: You can drastically decrease armor in exchage for damage/ speed. You can change the values of the powers. These are just a few things you can do here revolving powers an stats to make the umbras a nice twist to a familiar playstyle.

i agree with max and Hey fam eureka xD

It's pretty clear that her move set is a result of the torture and such, so it doesn't make sense to have a primed version of her with the same abilities.

It's not clear that happened. It's clear she didn't like it. All of her abilities can work without the need to be angry.

Yes, well adjusted individuals are known for being "hysterical".

*eye roll*

Ignore it all you want; Valkyr Prime with the same abilities is 100% going to happen. And as such, Umbra Valkyr is also 100% going to happen. You don't need to be tortured in order to experience some form of hysteria or frenzied state

DE said not every frame is going to get a Prime, so we need to see your proof that Valk is one of the ones that will.

To which they later took back long ago. I don't see why you can't understand that Valkyr Prime and Umbra Valkyr are going to be things eventually just get over it tbh

{citation needed}

You keep asking me for citation but you don't even bother to back up your own (incorrect) point yo. If you were so interested in claiming Valkyr Prime and Valkyr Umbra cannot happen then go back up those claims yourself instead of trying to pretend like you're right simply by asking me for citation even though you're just straight up wrong and misinformed

You keep asking me for citation but you don't even bother to back up your own (incorrect) point yo. If you were so interested in claiming Valkyr Prime and Valkyr Umbra cannot happen then go back up those claims yourself instead of trying to pretend like you're right simply by asking me for citation even though you're just straight up wrong and misinformed

just going to ignore you now