Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear De. The Simple Statistical Reason As To Why Im Never Going To Buy Void Keys

Aerensiniac

My point is, there's a good possibility that drops rates are broken, which has happened before.

You don't HAVE to buy void keys or forma, but you can.

It hasn't even been a week yet and people are blowing up like idiots. Shows how volatile and impatient this community already is.

Dude putting a price on a construction material is not due to RNG bugs or being alpha. It's just a scam.

Well, RNG is fine. Or better - it WAS fine. A lot of people complained about not being able to get Flow or Split Chamber, but still, its not impossible. I cant get a single Ember blueprint with more than 15 runs on that boss.

And i got my Ash in like 5 runs.

Yeah, hellfire reward for wave 30 is kinda silly.

But it was something frustrating but still understandable and kinda logical.

But FFS!

TWO cycles of RNG is a bit too much!

First you have to farm void keys which arent that common - i got like 4 in like 30 hours of gameplay doing ONLY defense missions, that are said to be  the most rewarding void-key-wise. A lot of people got ZERO.

THEN! You have to take on that RNG lottery again to get what you want!

Buying void keys seems to be as rewarding as participating in a real life lottety that way.

And in general i see it the following way:

1) wander in the streets of your city to maybe find a lottery ticket.

2) use the lottery ticket to maybe win something.

Dude putting a price on a construction material is not due to RNG bugs or being alpha. It's just a scam.

^This.  This is the kind of thing that they should at least bring up a head of time with the design council if not the entire community before they do it.

Edited by Aggh

You know what's really edgy and cool?

adding "™ ©" everytime you talk about anything you don't like.

You're cool OP.

Its called being "Mad as Hell" ©.

Just for the sake of reference.

EDIT:

10/10 for implying that this is a question of "likes" and there are people out there who like to get scammed.

Edited by Aerensiniac

My point is, there's a good possibility that drops rates are broken, which has happened before.

You don't HAVE to buy void keys or forma, but you can.

It hasn't even been a week yet and people are blowing up like idiots. Shows how volatile and impatient this community already is.

Sorry but this is not really an excuse.

Can you imagine buying a car which takes up 80 times as much fuel due to a design flaw, with the factory telling you: "Well son. You were not forced to buy it."

If you price tag it, then you are selling it and by definition that comes with certain warranties and regulated laws.

As Onite pointed it out:

I mean seriously, thats like using weighted dice in a game of craps. Its just dishonest and purposely misleading.

These people who are supporting your project deserve an apology for their time and money wasted.

Edited by Aerensiniac

Sorry but this is not really an excuse.

Can you imagine buying a car which takes up 80 times as much fuel due to a design flaw, with the factory telling you: "Well son. You were not forced to buy it."

If you price tag it, then you are selling it and by definition that comes with certain warranties and regulated laws.

As Onite pointed it out:

Think they care?

Think they care?

Think i care?

I have pretty much left the game after it turned out that U8 didnt implement jack S#&$ except additional farming and pay walls.

All it takes now is one slightly bad phrased response from DE and im not only going to uninstall the game, but also weed out all of its reminders from the registry.

Edited by Aerensiniac

It's called averages.

RNG runs on percentages after all.

That might be true. But you simply cant make real "statistics" for something that relies on rng. But well.

Averages are a point, I have to admit that.

Think they care?

When people are pissed off, they should care.

This kind of mentality which encourages poor choices such as this terrible RNG upon RNG system will kill this game.

You know, Alpha and beta stages are expected to have bugs and problems, theres nothing wrong with that, in fact if you're probably not doing it right if you're not making mistakes. Thats ok with me. Until you decide that you want to put a price tag on these untested things. If its still in the stages where you can cover your own &#! by saying "Its my bad, its not finished yet." Then its sure as hell not good enough for you to be charging people for a finished product. Especially when you're charging people to test something for you. And then having absolutely no courtesy about it. I really feel there is no excuse for this.

This game could call itself Beta for ever as an excuse if it wanted to.

The problem with this is that this game is showcased on steam as a working product beta or not does't matter.

7x Forma BP

1x Frost Prime Blueprint

3x Frost Prime Systems

3x Frost Prime Helmet

3x Frost Prime Chasssis

19x Latron Prime Blueprint

17x Latron Prime Barrel

17x Latron Prime Stock

9x Reaper Prime Blueprint (twice bugged)

11x Reaper Handle

----------------------------------------

90 runs  no  Latron Prime Receiver, no Reaper Blade...

Wait...You can get frost prime BP from void missions? I thought it was limited to the event?

I (used to?) love DE, but this stopped being funny a long time ago. There's money involved here and this could be considered gambling (and rigged one at that). DE should give those receivers/blades to anyone who has at least 4-5 multiples of other parts and a BP, maybe even the whole item. And after that issue an apology, because incompetency doesn't excuse essentially robbing people of their money through rigged gambling system.

Also internet gambling is burdened by special regulations in EU and if this goes any further I could see some courts taking interest in this. It wouldn't be the first F2P this happened to. You pay for a chance to get something, but the house always wins. You "can" get those keys from defense, even though the chance is very small, so that may protect it from being classified as gambling yet BUT it's reaaaally close to the line.

For the time being: Void Missions = Glorified slot machine

Edited by LocoWithGun

They could reduce the chances of drops as they did with the cronus. Once a drop hits 0% it's reverted to their initial %age of drop.

This is actually a good @(*()$ idea. It should reset once you got every part though.. And then stay RNG forever (for those parts). Otherwise you would get new, future stuff way faster than every new player.

This is actually a good @(*()$ idea. It should reset once you got every part though.. And then stay RNG forever (for those parts). Otherwise you would get new, future stuff way faster than every new player.

And why not ? People that plays more than others (thus having lower values for old BP) should have a better chance to get new thing and not old things they already have in several parts.