Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear De. The Simple Statistical Reason As To Why Im Never Going To Buy Void Keys

Aerensiniac

Are we certain this is intentional?  I mean, it wasn't handled well, but I'd rather it was a bug than to find out they're trying that hard to rip people off D:

It's okay when people lose things they just farmed for. You can fix that, apologise and things will be ok. But incompetency is NOT an excuse when it comes to money. They will have to handle this VERY carefully. I could even see platinum refunds. That being if they even tell us things were indeed broken.

You cannot just rip people off intentionally or not and expect to walk away.

Edited by LocoWithGun

Well, considering they updated on Thursday, had one day to patch, and then the weekend came, i imagine they opted to make the game as stable and playable as possible, but didn't manage to get everything.

They did however fix a lot of other things during those hot fixes. So I imagine there's a lot more adjustments to come, like we've seen numerous times before. 

Just thought I'd throw that out there before this became a hardcore witch hunt/conspiracy rant-a-thon.

Yes. Case in point: The cash shop changes. Remember how it was when they first changed the cash shop? Bazillions of alloy plate required? Then we pointed out how bad this was for new players and they reduce prices across the board and give us increased alloy plate drops? DE listens. That's why I don't feel regret at upping to Master.

Are we certain this is intentional? I mean, it wasn't handled well, but I'd rather it was a bug than to find out they're trying that hard to rip people off D:

I'm inclined to believe it's a bug. I mean, U8 dropped with maps being outright broken. A huge, obvious problem for gameplay. If that bug got through, a really simple one like "chance for latron prime receiver is set to 0.5 instead of 5" could easily get through.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

- Farm hard © nerfing on rare resources

lol, but my understanding is that the Farm hard™© nerf technology IS their end game strategy.  Isn't that the real problem.  I hope thats not the case but it looks like it so far.

I personally havn't run any Void missions yet, as I've had no luck getting keys to drop (although, to be fair, I've only run about a dozen defense missions trying to get them so far), AND there is no way I'm going to pay about a dollar a run to play the new content. That price is just absurd!

It never ceases to amaze me how impatient and entitled people are. You know, I ran about 15 void missions with friends, just kind of using keys from different people. Saw the rng was kind of bad. (Though the mods from the vault rooms were nice.) and decided to wait til the next hotfix. It's like... self control and patience. Holy S#&$, I just saved myself a ton of money and effort. If the obviously unpolished state of this patch didn't raise some serious red flags that maybe you should just chill for a bit I guess... I dunno.

Who needs that though? I'd rather burn through almost 100 keys then *@##$ on the forums because... reasons. Right?

Are we certain this is intentional?  I mean, it wasn't handled well, but I'd rather it was a bug than to find out they're trying that hard to rip people off D:

Look, personally i believe that this is 100% intentional.

I have made a topic a while ago that discussed this very same problem with generic frame bp drops from bosses. All system components seemed to have a lower chance at dropping that the rest of the BPs. No matter what we farmed with my friends, the drop rate seemed to be 1/20 on system with 20 meaning that we got roughly 10-10 helms and chassis.

I also talked an unofficial talk with one of the mods who further confirmed what was already obvious to me when he said that there are rumours flying around that the new content involving multi-part random drops will have one component, drop with a reduced chance.

Back then i didnt really care about it cause i thought that voids will be some form of non paying elite mission, but now if you put two and two together, then the result is a cluster f*** sized ripoff and scam.

So no, i cannot give you anything like a developer admission that they screwed with the numbers, but unlike with frame BPs, we have ppl here with ~100 runs not getting the final parts of the weapons they have farmed up.

Finally: It doesnt even matter.

Whether they admit that they did it intentionally or gonna save face by saying that this was a bug, nobody will care on the long run. There is but a single thing that matters: This needs to be reworked right away.

Edited by Aerensiniac

It never ceases to amaze me how impatient and entitled people are. You know, I ran about 15 void missions with friends, just kind of using keys from different people. Saw the rng was kind of bad. (Though the mods from the vault rooms were nice.) and decided to wait til the next hotfix. It's like... self control and patience. Holy S#&$, I just saved myself a ton of money and effort. If the obviously unpolished state of this patch didn't raise some serious red flags that maybe you should just chill for a bit I guess... I dunno.

Who needs that though? I'd rather burn through almost 100 keys then $#*(@ on the forums because... reasons. Right?

An "assumption" that the drop rates are broken could have easily met with the same retard force my other thread has been, simply denying that this crap is bugged and telling you that you just had bad luck with the rng.

We know this only for a fact because some people did burn through 100 keys and did basically test it for us.

I (used to?) love DE, but this stopped being funny a long time ago. There's money involved here and this could be considered gambling (and rigged one at that). DE should give those receivers/blades to anyone who has at least 4-5 multiples of other parts and a BP, maybe even the whole item. And after that issue an apology, because incompetency doesn't excuse essentially robbing people of their money through rigged gambling system.

Also internet gambling is burdened by special regulations in EU and if this goes any further I could see some courts taking interest in this. It wouldn't be the first F2P this happened to. You pay for a chance to get something, but the house always wins. You "can" get those keys from defense, even though the chance is very small, so that may protect it from being classified as gambling yet BUT it's reaaaally close to the line.

For the time being: Void Missions = Glorified slot machine

lol i was thinking along similar lines.

Really sad that U8 is a pay to get in affair, I already dropped nearly $100 bucks on this game (nothing compared to some people I know but still)

and I have had a lot of fun so far, I was thinking about dropping another $10 to snag a forma or two and a two packs of void keys, my good friend is also planning on getting a pack of keys or two and we would share them for some fun missions

but now im not planning on putting any more money into this game till I see some changes.... DE within the last month as really slipped up and a lot of it seems to be from greed........

I play MMOs with monthly costs before and enjoy them....if a F2P game is fun I will dump $50-75 to get started and willing to spend around $10-20 more a month as long as new things come out and are fun, just as if I was playing EVE, or WoW or WAR etc

right now my paying is on hold DE........and my 5 RL friends who got me into this game are also on hold with spending more cash

so you might want to re think what you have done here. we are not the only ones

Wow...Ever since the U8 patch, the game has been going downhill immediately.

This needs so much attention. I've lost alot of respect for DE after reading this. Even before this, DE's respect was teetering on the chopping block. Another thing I noticed that didn't make sense is they IMMEDIANTLY fixed the exploit for forma through account resets. Because it was obviously a huge selling point to them where they would lose money, but ONLY in the aspect that they were used in the creation of dojos. Otherwise that exploit was pointless. So it really made me realize, the forma thing tied into dojos really was meant to be something they targeted people to pay for with cash. Even though i saw them and their white knights say "No, the main way to get forma is supposed to be from running void missions through rare drops." Just, why?

Theres so many more honest ways to earn your money than by evasively planning a system that makes people pay money out of frustration, not enjoyment. Example: Theres not a single thread complaining about sentinel customization options being purely platinum only. Yet i've seen plenty of people who have bought and used them. Because cosmetic customization is not a core gameplay element that effects progression in the game. But its a bonus worth paying for thats FUN if you want to give your equipment some flair.

But instead it seems like dojos and void keys are nothing more than a bottleneck in the game that comes to a screeching halt into a turnpike to get to the other side. And to make things worse, the other side is also a scam? Its a scam because you're denying people what they paid for with a bait and switch. The bait being the new content, the switch being a rigged reward system. Theres no excuse. No reason to do this. And its insulting to think you would purposely make a silent system designed to make people keep paying money for something they should have gotten. I mean seriously, thats like using weighted dice in a game of craps. Its just dishonest and purposely misleading.

These people who are supporting your project deserve an apology for their time and money wasted.

Wait what? They fixed the forma exploit immediately and STILL left the Dojo prices as they were? Even though I can understand that an exploit needs to be fixed right away, I would think that such a huge fail as the clan system would be looked at with the same critical time-table here.

Out of all the information I've garnered thus far, this little tidbit has me the most concerned TBH.

Edit: Also, I'm with Timmuk above, I'm definitely not going to spend anymore money on this game until they look at both the void drop rates and the dojo pricing, because this now is looking rather shady.

Edited by Hap-muhr

1_zps911c1462.png

This speaks for it's self.

A suggestion: Remove all these from the tower. Add in tokens you earn at the end of each tower. The higher the rank , the more you get. Use those to trade in for what you want.

Edited by helosie

1_zps911c1462.png

This speaks for it's self.

A suggestion: Remove all these from the tower. Add in tokens you earn at the end of each tower. The higher the rank , the more you get. Use those to trade in for what you want.

A fairly good idea for an alternative.

They could also simply remove handle and stock from higher or highest difficulty towers, making the obnoxious "rare" parts drop at a 100% chance.

That way you would at least know that if you are doing a stage 3 or whatever tower, you are going to get one of the items you need.

This is called loot scaling with difficulty btw and is completely and utterly broken/lacking from the game at present.

Edited by Aerensiniac