Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear De. The Simple Statistical Reason As To Why Im Never Going To Buy Void Keys

Aerensiniac

That's not what he said.  Sure, they know what plat was spent for keys, but do they keep track of people who found keys and used them?  The poster he responded to made no differentiation between keys that were bought and keys that were found.

If they know how many key packs a person bought it shouldn't be hard to figure out how many keys were bought with plat :|

I don't know. I got reaper handles no matter where I went.

Like I said, rewards are the same. As in, giving you every S#&$ that there is possible (Latron Prime BP, Handle, Stock, Receiver; Reaper Prime BP, Blade, Handle; Frost Prime BP, Helmet, Chassis, Systems), but the chances (aka probability factor) of getting it isn't. Is this clear enough?

Edited by matrixEXO

Exo i did over 100 vopid missions most of them lvl 3 so please spare me that -.-

And all ended up with 0 drop for Receivers and Blades? Interesting. Also, given that you said most... (guessing about 80 out of 100), then there IS a serious issue.

I, for one, cannot count Frost Prime BP into it because it's meant to be extremely hard to get since Frost Prime BP was actually more of an event prize but they want others to be able to get it as well. Just more grinding, I guess.

Edited by matrixEXO

Like I said, rewards are the same. As in, giving you every S#&$ that there is possible (Latron Prime BP, Handle, Stock, Receiver; Reaper Prime BP, Blade, Handle; Frost Prime BP, Helmet, Chassis, Systems), but the chances (aka probability factor) of getting it isn't. Is this clear enough?

Yes yes, I understood. I still got effin reaper handles from the Void tier 3, so I doubt about chance increase. It could be just me though.

The fact that some people payed hundreds, possibly thousands of actual dollars and likely won't be requited for it, nor did they even get the items they were after since the drop-chances are so asininely rare is a huge tarnish on this game and company for me. This is real money we're talking about here, and for little to no reward; I wouldn't be surprised if law-suits came out of this.

Ok, i could only read it so far but i have finally something to say... Put it simply? Yes, they do care... Remember the problem about Dark Sword? About how that drop rate was completely off and when it finally came into the RNG, the mission went batS#&$ insane and didn't dropped the reward?... Do you also remember that they, then, posted a 24 hours alert to make up for the problems?

No, offcurse you don't remember that. Because that's a problem solved, so you don't even think about the event anymore. (It also doesn't help that the Dark Sword kind of sucks...)

My point?... That is proof that DE cares about a problem that might be griefing people. And hell, the Dark Sword thing didn't even got that much attention, maybe a couple of posts complaining about it. The reciever and blade thing is getting some serious repercussion, it wouldn't surprise me if they went all "It seems someone typed a number wrong, here's a 24 hour alert for the reaper blade, we'll post another 24hour alert for the reciever tomorrow."

So my god, stop complaining about this and start complaining about the fact that we have to wait for everything to be done just to be given the chance at paying for it, will ya?!

Trying to get people to stop complaining on the internet? Man, you LOVE tilting at windmills don't you?

In regards to the runs, can you all detail what rank and type of run did you do? I'm pretty sure that T3 are rare and should be the ones giving the highest chance of getting the receivers and blades but...

Also, Frost Prime BP is not obtainable from the Orokin Void set, if I recall correctly. It was only obtainable from the extermination event that occurred some time ago, meaning the Prime parts are actually a waste of time and keys for some of you.

Nope you can get the Frost Prime BP from a drop. I found one, and I already had one from the event. Btw I still have one and Im cooking my frost prime so I'll have him in a few days. :)

In response to the rest. Yup, I believe 100% it isn't a bug or accident. I believe it instead is a mistake that someone thought they could get away with. I called this out a couple days ago actually, knew people were going to get &!$$ed. And thats the only way things will change for the better. Yes, they're screwing you. It'd be like if your landlord stopped accepting Dollars for rent, and instead installed a slot machine in your house. And he only accepted tokens for rent. So you stick your dollar in, and hope three little house symbols pop up so you can get your rent paid.

You have a right to be mad, a right to complain about it. So to all you haters on the haters out there... nope, people are entitled to get &!$$ed, and entitled to moan about it. If you ever want things to change the surest fire way is to get a bunch of people &!$$ed off. Nothing will change if no one gets mad enough to try and change it. Thats just human history for you.

Edit= Im also surprised how many replies this topic is getting, so many pages so fast. That's a sure fire example right there how many people they pissed off. Lets hope the change comes soon. :)

Edited by unmog

Nope you can get the Frost Prime BP from a drop. I found one, and I already had one from the event. Btw I still have one and Im cooking my frost prime so I'll have him in a few days. :)

In response to the rest. Yup, I believe 100% it isn't a bug or accident. I believe it instead is a mistake that someone thought they could get away with. I called this out a couple days ago actually, knew people were going to get &!$$ed. And thats the only way things will change for the better. Yes, they're screwing you. It'd be like if your landlord stopped accepting Dollars for rent, and instead installed a slot machine in your house. And he only accepted tokens for rent. So you stick your dollar in, and hope three little house symbols pop up so you can get your rent paid.

You have a right to be mad, a right to complain about it. So to all you haters on the haters out there... nope, people are entitled to get &!$$ed, and entitled to moan about it. If you ever want things to change the surest fire way is to get a bunch of people &!$$ed off. Nothing will change if no one gets mad enough to try and change it. Thats just human history for you.

Edit= Im also surprised how many replies this topic is getting, so many pages so fast. That's a sure fire example right there how many people they &!$$ed off. Lets hope the change comes soon. :)

indeed-crab.jpg

law suits? for what wouldn'T hold in any court

I'm not exactly erudite in the ways of the law, but as far as I'm concerned, these people paid for content that was promised and they didn't get it, no matter how much they payed or how much they farmed, they got nothing for their hard-earned money that they spent, which I doubt the devs will give back or recompense them for. To me, that's fair ground for a law-suit. Don't forget we live in a world where a woman sued McDonald's because her hot coffee was too hot.

I'm not exactly erudite in the ways of the law, but as far as I'm concerned, these people paid for content that was promised and they didn't get it, no matter how much they payed or how much they farmed, they got nothing for their hard-earned money that they spent, which I doubt the devs will give back or recompense them for. To me, that's fair ground for a law-suit. Don't forget we live in a world where a woman sued McDonald's because her hot coffee was too hot.

Well I dont think the question is really "If you can sue"... you can really sue for anything. It's if you can get a court/judge to listen to the case.

Btw that mcdonalds case was handled out of the courts with a settlement :p

Before this topic continues into lawsuit territory...

I'm surprised DE has not responded to this yet even when it had a Dear de in the title. Please give your feedback because we are very confused in this matter.

Sorry it took so long.

It's the weekend.  THey're not at work.  DEREbececca said she'd ask them to look at it monday(today).

Yes, we're back!

I've been constantly doing void missions since launch. All Tiers, all mission types. This is my tally so far.

11 Latron Prime Blueprints
13 Latron Prime Stocks
2 Latron Prime Barrels
0 Latron Prime Receivers

1 Frost Prime Blueprints.
2 Frost Prime Systems Blueprints.
0 Frost Prime Chassis
0 Frost Prime Helmet

3 Reaper Prime Blueprints
5 Reaper Handles
0 Reaper Blades.

Yeah, each one of those with a key from the market. Not looted or rewarded.

Unacceptable.

You can see its obviously a scam.

I wont be buying anymore keys. Or anything else as a matter of fact.

DE has officially lost my support with this. 

Sibris, for what it's worth thank you for summarizing the problem with these stats. I'm sorry for the frustration up to this point.

This is the first time Ive actually hated what DE is doing.

Ive only done 25 runs and have also not got the blade and receiver, thats still 375 platinum between me and my friends.

They royally screwed us gentlemen. 

And again, sorry. I agree there is an issue and that's exactly what the Devs will be told.

1. Access is farmed or purchased but is completely illogical because it offers only more farming

2. No guarantee of any reward, thus essentially spending money and/or time on "nothing"

3. Screwing both F2P and P2P models: F2P players will reject the notion of farming multiplied by farming while P2P players will reject the notion of spending 100$ on literally nothing.

4. "Farming" yet again: Warframe offers nothing content wise than farming for the sake of farming. The biggest disappointment of not only the void missions but the entire of U8 was that this very issue was left unresolved. All you do in warframe is farming for frames to then use those frames to farm for more frames, and instead of adding something tangible they add a farm fest multiplied by an another farm fest with a 75 platinum pay-wall between. Its just mind blowing.

Again, OP and Artaban, thank you both for adding thoughts and evidence to this, it makes it clear what needs serious review.

It's now my duty to ensure the issues are addressed and solved. Sit tight, everyone.

Cause its completely baseless, right?

I didn't say that.

I DO say that trying to get people to stop complaining and give the devs time to work is utterly and completely NOT going to happen. After all, they have to fix it NOW! Who cares if the devs are human and need time, or sleep, or food or ANYTHING. You want your fixes NOW and to hell with everything else.

I am sure that all the complainers out there have complete in depth knowledge of how the game mechanics work for this program. I am sure they all know EXACTLY what needs to be tweaked so that nothing fracking crashes like the login problems after the hotfix.

I am SURE that they can do SO much better to fix a game (NOT a simple hack or script btw no matter WHAT some people may think!) than a game developer.

So... since they can, I suggest they go make a better game. Please.

If they can't? Maybe they should let the devs work?

Nah. Too logical. MUCH better to vent their spleens.

Again, OP and Artaban, thank you both for adding thoughts and evidence to this, it makes it clear what needs serious review.

It's now my duty to ensure the issues are addressed and solved. Sit tight, everyone.

DERebecca, you continue to impress me. It's not uncommon for online games to have a CM-related position, but you truly come across as not just as someone who communicates with the community, but an actual community advocate. As a customer, that really goes a long way towards my continued spending of platinum in support of the game. The fact that I have an advocate to speak with the dev team regarding issues the community is facing means a lot.

I hope you make a post someone in the Announcements section or a sticky somewhere else, just so this doesn't get lost! I just happened to luck out and check the thread right as you posted. :)

Thanks for all the hard work.

I am...

Incredibly surprised DERebecca responded in this way.

To me, it seemed that, while unfortunate, the idea of having rare parts to rare weapons isn't actually that evil.

Disappointing for some, but it just makes them more valuable and more sought after.

But it is interesting to see a company that listens to the loudest majority.

I am...

Incredibly surprised DERebecca responded in this way.

To me, it seemed that, while unfortunate, the idea of having rare parts to rare weapons isn't actually that evil.

Disappointing for some, but it just makes them more valuable and more sought after.

But it is interesting to see a company that listens to the loudest majority.

I consider it important to relay reasonable criticisms of things. This is a new system, the team should be aware of issues the community has before they move forward with tweaks and things.