Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc Getting Left Behind?

Sibernetika

Hold up. Your issue is that you get the buggy version first. If you got said version moderately bug free second, logic indicates that consoles would get that buggy version first. Meaning you would have to wait the same exact amount of time as if you would have waited for consoles to get that update.

Bruh. 

Actually, logic would dictate that DE would take more time to play test their updates before deployment.  They've already set up a beta-beta test team to catch most of the glaringly obvious bugs before it gets sent out.

1. Having no real basis for your argument

giphy.gif

Now you're just being immature.

PC gets early access, consoles get neat cosmetics. I think that's fair enough.

Likewise. We're the first to get anything in this community - buggy as it may be on occasion, we still get the first taste of it and generally get to play with it longer. As I see it, that's fair as is.

Hold up. Your issue is that you get the buggy version first. If you got said version moderately bug free second, logic indicates that consoles would get that buggy version first. Meaning you would have to wait the same exact amount of time as if you would have waited for consoles to get that update.

Bruh. 

Sigh.

90% of the bugs we get with a major update are fixed when the same update is released on consoles a month later. This is because all the hotfixes we get over a period of like 1 week or 2 weeks are bundled together when the major update is released on consoles.

Are you new to Forums? Do you not know how updates work for different platforms?

Actually, logic would dictate that DE would take more time to play test their updates before deployment.  They've already set up a beta-beta test team to catch most of the glaringly obvious bugs before it gets sent out.

The obvious, glaring bugs are found through that process but other ones are not because you don't have the entire PC player base as bug testers essentially. 

If they also took a longer time to deploy the update you'd have a few bad apples marching around demanding quicker updates. 

Point: DE will never win. 

Sigh.

90% of the bugs we get with a major update are fixed when the same update is released on consoles a month later. This is because all the hotfixes we get over a period of like 1 week or 2 weeks are bundled together when the major update is released on consoles.

Are you new to Forums? Do you not know how updates work for different platforms?

Okay...? You are asking for a bug free update. I have given you a possible solution. Am I wrong? Maybe in the sense of waiting till it is released on consoles, that amount of wait time is indeed unnecessary because you are able to skip around the certification period. I amend my statement to: "Wait 2 weeks after it is released." 

As far as I can see you provide no solution yourself. 

Im exhausted with every ps4 or Xbox pack that drops. we revisit this type of thread with PC players.

Look at that list of goodies. I'd trade these packs for discount on plat for log in anytime. Except we can't ever have it.

You can't really count some Phased and Rubedo skins, since they are limited in numbers...

Especially Ankyros and Viper skins which were made less than 20 times, Tigris and Drakoon were made less than 300 times and Galatine skin was made 700 times.

1. Having no real basis for your argument

giphy.gif

You know what, mate....

Its funny, how no one cares when consoles and Steam get exclusives, only saying we need CB and Founders' items(which btw, we won't get as well), but all hell breaks loose when a non-steam PC user says that an exclusive sigil for them would be appreciable.

I mean, seriously, you guys are actually trying to stop us from getting an exclusive sigil? A SIGIL? ONLY ONE SIGIL IN A OCEAN OF ABOUT 30 SIGILS.

I don't understand, all I said was that a sigil would be nice, so that we can show off that we are PC players and you went on a meme war with me over this.

You can't really count some Phased and Rubedo skins, since they are limited in numbers...

Especially Ankyros and Viper skins which were made less than 20 times, Tigris and Drakoon were made less than 300 times and Galatine skin was made 700 times.

Seriously?  There are over 1 million registered forum users and they didn't make enough to cover at least half of them?  That's not even the total registers accounts.

That's...stupid.

Apologies if I came across as that. But kids like NN13 and Sibernetika need to stop moaning when they already have a perfectly good set of deals, laid down by DE, which the majority of the community is happy with. Igniting an unnecessary fire. 

Actually, people making fun of others is whats making a 'fire' because now someones offended, someones feelings are hurt, etc. 

You know what, mate....

Its funny, how no one cares when consoles and Steam get exclusives, only saying we need CB and Founders' items(which btw, we won't get as well), but all hell breaks loose when a non-steam PC user says that an exclusive sigil for them would be appreciable.

I mean, seriously, you guys are actually trying to stop us from getting an exclusive sigil? A SIGIL? ONLY ONE SIGIL IN A OCEAN OF ABOUT 30 SIGILS.

I don't understand, all I said was that a sigil would be nice, so that we can show off that we are PC players and you went on a meme war with me over this.

Ok, you have just missed the point entirely. I could care less if you got a sigil. The point of you agreeing with OP that PC was not getting enough attention, is the point I find absolutely ridiculous. 

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

Seriously?  There are over 1 million registered forum users and they didn't make enough to cover at least half of them?  That's not even the total registers accounts.

That's...stupid.

Actually, people making fun of others is whats making a 'fire' because now someones offended, someones feelings are hurt, etc. 

Did I offend you in any way?

The obvious, glaring bugs are found through that process but other ones are not because you don't have the entire PC player base as bug testers essentially. 

If they also took a longer time to deploy the update you'd have a few bad apples marching around demanding quicker updates. 

Okay...? You are asking for a bug free update. I have given you a possible solution. Am I wrong? Maybe in the sense of waiting till it is released on consoles, that amount of wait time is indeed unnecessary because you are able to skip around the certification period. I amend my statement to: "Wait 2 weeks after it is released." 

As far as I can see you provide no solution yourself. 

I was talking about people saying that "getting the updates first is a benefit".

I was not asking for a solution to play the game bug-free.

Nice work, interpreting the wrong idea.

Do you really believe that getting updates first is a benefit?

I mean the gap between updates are more or less same. If we get 4 months to play new update, so does consoles. Maybe, its January-April for us, whereas its February-May for consoles.

Ok, you have just missed the point entirely. I could care less if you got a sigil. The point of you agreeing with OP that PC was not getting enough attention, is the point I find absolutely ridiculous. 

Then, unfortunately, you got the wrong idea from my post. I mainly posted to make people understand that getting the updates first is not exactly a benefit. That was my main point.

I never said that PC is getting left out, otherwise, I wouldn't have gone against Steam-only skins, right?

I just said that something as small as an exclusive Sigil for PC players would be nice, thats all.

Sure the new Liset skin is cool looking but in the end its just cosmetics, doesnt really matter much. If it makes the console community happy then let them have it.

We on the PC have this rumoured 75% discount (that some claim exists) instead, so no need to sweeten the plat purchases with skins.

It does exist, I managed to roll it for the first time two days ago. Unfortunately I could not take advantage die to a tight budget. Which means I may never see it again.

Just realized I sound like a crazy old man telling stories.

I was talking about people saying that "getting the updates first is a benefit".

I was not asking for a solution to play the game bug-free.

Nice work, interpreting the wrong idea.

Do you really believe that getting updates first is a benefit?

I mean the gap between updates are more or less same. If we get 4 months to play new update, so does consoles. Maybe, its January-April for us, whereas its February-May for consoles.

"my point was that we are the ones that get the bugged build."

I don't know what else I'm supposed to get from that. You should've said that in the first place? 

It is a benefit. We get things quicker. We get to enjoy said things quicker. Consoles will forever be behind because of the certification process for patches that exist due to Sony and Microsoft. 

It does exist, I managed to roll it for the first time two days ago. Unfortunately I could not take advantage die to a tight budget. Which means I may never see it again.

Just realized I sound like a crazy old man telling stories.

"I saw it I did! It rolled through at least a Gorgon, Glaive, and Scindo BP but there it was bright as day! Right before my eyes!" 

If I say yes, then you'll use the 'spechul snowflake' .gif on me, if I say no, you'll tell me to mind my own business.

Let's chock it up to you were behaving like a bully and I pointed it out.

Ok, I did nothing to offend you and nor will I. A bully is someone who picks on one without reason. Sibernetika and NN13 are acting like oppressed lower class minorities, when they are on the PC.

-snip-

Oh, I'm not denying the DE will always get the nasty end of the stick. 

Ok, I did nothing to offend you and nor will I. A bully is someone who picks on one without reason. Sibernetika and NN13 are acting like oppressed lower class minorities, when they are on the PC.

No, a bully is someone that picks on another person because it makes them feel like they have power.  Has nothing to do with whether or not a person 'deserves' to be singled out.

No, a bully is someone that picks on another person because it makes them feel like they have power.  Has nothing to do with whether or not a person 'deserves' to be singled out.

Wow, ok so you think I need to come on the internet to feel powerful. Thanks but I'm not on that kind of level. Even now when I've apologised to you and you are purposely creating a separate argument that is irrelevant to the main OP.

Can everyone just stop. this is turning into a stupid Console vs PC thread. PC guys: Consoles get some mediocre skins as an apology for cert taking so long and the lack of discounts. Console guys: when arguing about exclusives, the only real ones you can argue with are i think the manufacturer skins like the rixty and nvidia skins and the steam skins. foudners and closed beta items only account for a small percentage of the active userbase.

On the topic of the discount, It is true we get the discount, however it is so rare to get a 50%-75% that it's pretty much non existant. in my nearly 2 1/2 years of playing this game, i've only ever gotten 50% once and that was recent, and the 75% zero times.

Wow, ok so you think I need to come on the internet to feel powerful. Thanks but I'm not on that kind of level. Even now when I've apologised to you and you are purposely creating a separate argument that is irrelevant to the main OP.

I'm sorry for not replying to your apology. 

I have a very unique brother, so I've seen my fair share of bullies, and you are fitting the definition nicely.  Don't like it?  Stop behaving like a bully and find another way to disagree with people. You want to stay on topic?  Don't use .gifs of 'Speschul snowflake' and, basically say, that you're entitled to be that way because someone is behaving like a 'child'