Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Zephyr Good For?

(PSN)SRrIN

I love the zephyr frame, it is so fun to play around wiht you can make a really good speed build on it, fly across the map, but I dont see any practicle use for her, I originaly though the tornadoes would be very good for defence, but the tornadoes are very weak even with a blind rage, transient fortitude and intensify on, and the augment mod for the tornadoes sucks, other than speed running what is a good use for zephyr?

You don't understand what utilitie is?

Your just of these raw dammage runner?

Great shield and health potential, speed, mobility, damage mitigation.

I don't really use powers all that much, as I prefer to use the weapons that I've put far more effort (and forma) into.  Turbulence and/or tornado for "oh crap" moments. 

One of my favourite frames, particularly for solo corrupted mod runs.  

And, I think she looks great.

Zephyr is very useful in void missions.

She has great mobility, her Turbulence redirects projectiles (including Bombard rockets. Hell, it can even redirect Fusion MOA's beam if I remember right) and with Jetstream augment it gives you a big speed boost.

Tornadoes are a good panic button. They can be kind of annoying though, good luck shooting anything grabbed by them.

Tailwind is for crossing large gaps. I mean, 50 meters with one press of a button. And Divebomb, well, don't expect anything great from it. Damage is meh, I guess it can serve as a knockdown tool (at which melee weapons are usually better anyway).

Overall, she's great but it can feel kind of strange to play her. I usually mod her for Duration and efficiency to always have Turbulence up.

You can try building her for range to protect cryopods with Turbulence etc, basically turning her into a mobile Snowglobe.

^

But none of this matters if you can't stand how strange she looks.

Zephyr is the only frame with a real 100% damage reduction. (Iron skin is paper skin) Turbulence with the right build turns Zephyr into a God. Tornadoes with full duration does 50000. But the damage doesn't even matter because enemies die if they get stuck in it for 5-10 seconds. Still, damage doesn't matter because this is a panic. Tailwind was nerfed drastically when parkour 2 came. But Zephyr is still best for moblitiy. Divebomb is zephyrs melee panic. If there is a enemy close to you, divebomb is a easy knockdown, opening them for the kill.

I feel Zephyr best mission type is interception/defense/survival.

Every frame has a use.

Zephyr is a frame with the best survivability against ranged enemies, hands down. Turbulence is only threatened by explosions, and melee, and even then, Zephyr has a D polarity so you can slap Regen on there, and make that minor splash damage negligible, making you hella reliable in any mission that involves a lot of ranged enemies.

I also recently found out that Zephyr is an amazingly good melee frame, surprisingly. I personally always either a Berserker built Galatine, or Scindo Prime to keep up the DPS, movement, and hitstun. The melee-mode Zephyr was tested against 70+ Void enemies, and 40+ Grineer. I wanted to test it on higher level Grineer, but, I lost track of my life support...

Regardless, I laugh at anyone that calls Zephyr fodder, then laugh harder as I'm the only one that can revive that same person while staring that heavy gunner in the face.

Tornadoes with full duration does 50000.

Finally someone who actually knows what they're talking about! I ran Transient Fortitude on my Zephyr for a long time for this very reason.

Tailwind was nerfed drastically when parkour 2 came.

I'm not entirely sure about that. From my testing, it seems like Tail wind only appears to have been nerfed due to how the camera zooms out when moving fast, thus making you feel like you're moving slower than you actually are. It's still possible that it was nerfed; but it will remain uncertain until we get an option to disable the stupid broken FoV shifts.

Here is what zephyr is good for

Tail Wind: YOU CAN FLY DO YOU NEED ANY MORE REASON NOT TO SPAM IT

Dive bomb: YOU TURN INTO A DAMN BOMB THE SIZE OF A PERSON MOVING AT 400 MILES PER HOUR SO WHY THE HELL NOT (its not actually that good of an ability lol)

Turbulence: YOU RUN TOO DAMN FAST FOR ENEMIES TO HIT YOU AND EVEN IF THEY DO WITH THEIR S#&$ AIM THEN YOU'RE JUST LIKE NOPE SCREW YOUR BULLETS IM A FUKIN GODLY &#! BIRD YOU CANT DO S#&$ MATE GET REKT

Tornado: 

https://images.washingtonpost.com/?url=https://38.media.tumblr.com/e268457d1fce60e94a39802d07cc19ab/tumblr_n35orqkHih1tvbqdro1_500.gif&op=noop

Finally someone who actually knows what they're talking about! I ran Transient Fortitude on my Zephyr for a long time for this very reason.

I'm not entirely sure about that. From my testing, it seems like Tail wind only appears to have been nerfed due to how the camera zooms out when moving fast, thus making you feel like you're moving slower than you actually are. It's still possible that it was nerfed; but it will remain uncertain until we get an option to disable the stupid broken FoV shifts.

I did not think about this, I am interested in your build now.