Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would Like To See More Abilities That Interact With Each Other.

Fullmetal_Underpants

with the rework and minor, but incredibly useful update with frost allowing you to detonate your snowglobe with a frost bolt, i've been thinking it would be cool to see more abilities that interact with each other... for example we could have a lot of fun with vauban as one example...

let's say... just as a thought, all his grenades from 1-3 interacted with vortex.

first ability's grenade would detonate the vortex in the form of a large electrical blast, perhaps causing lightning to spark out from the center of the vortex to any nearby enemies in range of it and stunning them for a short time, collapsing the vortex.

second grenade would hit the vortex and suddenly reverse the vortex's force, instead of pulling enemies into it, it pushes them away for the remainder of the duration.

third grenade would have an effect similar to hydroid's puddle prison... where instead of pulling enemies towards the center and holding them there, knocking them down... it would pull them into another dimension, imprisoning them and leaving them invulnerable to outside damage for the duration, enhancing the vortex so to speak, so enemies caught in it can't still attack outside of being knocked down like they normally would with a standard vortex, but when it expires, they're released at the health they were trapped at all at once.

other examplese aside from vauban, perhaps in the case of ember where she has world on fire and fire blast...

perhaps casting world on fire within a few seconds of accellerant would boost the damage caused by world on fire regardless of whether or not enemies were hit by accellerant...

perhaps casting fireball at an area of ground affected by fire blast could either increase the duration of fire blast or enhance the intensity of the fire, causing it to burn hotter and do more damage with a higher chance to proc status on enemies caught inside the area of effect.

maybe fool with nekros's shadows of the dead and make it so if you cast terrify while you have shadows active, they gain a black fire aura and start moving and attacking more quickly and aggressively.

even take something like nova...  we could have it so when you fire off anti-matter drop, it drags all remaining null-star particles with it and causes those particles to add to its explosion damage... or even cause AMD to follow an enemy

perhaps make valkyr's warcry affect the speed at which you grapple with ripline.

cast volt's shock at an electric shield to enlarge the shield and extend its duration... maybe even cast overload while standing within 1 meter of the shield to end the shield's duration and extend overload's range by a distance based on the remaining time left on the shield.

fire oberon's smite at hallowed ground to renew its duration and maybe expand its area of effect up to a certain maximum size.

abilities like this which have a use on their own, but interact with each other would add a lot of fun and depth to the game, would love to see more of this hit the game.

The thing with ability synergy is it has to be simple to use but with enough freedom for it to not get in people's way. Keep that in mind. So like, having Snowglobe explode when Ice Wave is used in it is an example of bad synergy.

not sure how, it does damage to everything inside the globe when you detonate it... that's pretty good synergy to me.

not sure how, it does damage to everything inside the globe when you detonate it... that's pretty good synergy to me.

You misunderstand. You're talking about casting Freeze at Snowglobe, which for the most part doesn't get in the way. I've only ever accidentally detonated a globe with Freeze one time. Having a massive AOE ability like Ice Wave have the same effect on Snowglobe would be bad, because you'd be detonating it when you don't want to, and it'd force you out of using the ability in a lot of situations.

Synergy needs to not get in the way, is my point. It needs to give options, not make you extremely cautious when using an ability because it might work against you or do something you don't want. that would be the opposite of interesting mechanics.

It also needs to be simple. Having stacking & complex effects on abilities might sound nice, but it just adds confusing depth that accomplishes nothing. Such things are better left for augments.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

with the rework and minor, but incredibly useful update with frost allowing you to detonate your snowglobe with a frost bolt, i've been thinking it would be cool to see more abilities that interact with each other... for example we could have a lot of fun with vauban as one example...

let's say... just as a thought, all his grenades from 1-3 interacted with vortex.

first ability's grenade would detonate the vortex in the form of a large electrical blast, perhaps causing lightning to spark out from the center of the vortex to any nearby enemies in range of it and stunning them for a short time, collapsing the vortex.

second grenade would hit the vortex and suddenly reverse the vortex's force, instead of pulling enemies into it, it pushes them away for the remainder of the duration.

third grenade would have an effect similar to hydroid's puddle prison... where instead of pulling enemies towards the center and holding them there, knocking them down... it would pull them into another dimension, imprisoning them and leaving them invulnerable to outside damage for the duration, enhancing the vortex so to speak, so enemies caught in it can't still attack outside of being knocked down like they normally would with a standard vortex, but when it expires, they're released at the health they were trapped at all at once.

Well, the 3rd skill sort of does interact with vortex in a good way -- it lifts the not-dead enemies above the vortex so you dont waste bullets that don't have punch-through.

I wouldn't mind the interaction with Bounce. I'd prefer if Tesla were more prone to proc'ing the electric status -- it increases in power with more enemies in a short range (because it chains between them) so it already does sort of have synergy.

i'll always take more Ability Synergy, so Warframes feel like a Character, rather than 4 different ones that are vaguely similar.

Agreed.

Edited by S7ORM