Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Time Limited Nonsense

PapaFragolino

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10302-1375465808-15

So, is everyone actually ok with DE spending time and effort on content that will be avaible only once every 12 months? I can already tell that most of the people is gonna miss most of the skins, so what's even the point in making them?  I can understand the Proto-skins being avaible only during WF's anniversary, but why now all of the new skins with a different model have to be time limited is a mistery to me.

The last thing we need now are timewalls even for cosmetics, I really can't see why everything in this game has to be unnecessarily frustrating. Don't even start the whole "it's cool because it's exclusive", if you are looking for exclusive cosmetics you can always buy yourself a Prime Access pack.

So, is everyone actually ok with DE spending time and effort on content that will be avaible only once every 12 months? I can already tell that most of the people is gonna miss most of the skins, so what's even the point in making them? I can understand the Proto-skins being avaible only during WF's anniversary, but why now all of the new skins with a different model have to be time limited is a mistery to me.

The last thing we need now are timewalls even for cosmetics, I really can't see why everything in this game has to be unnecessarily frustrating. Don't even start the whole "it's cool because it's exclusive", if you are looking for exclusive cosmetics you can always buy yourself a Prime Access pack.

To make those bourgeois that made their purchase in that time window feel cool and sink to elitism based on cosmetics

Other than that there's no point

actually the proto skin has come out about three times this year. plus the Nyx skin was made this year and next year it will probably come out a few times as well.

it came out three times this year. thats once every 4 months pretty much.

I'm pretty sure it's only come out twice; anni and rework. Consoles don't add on to that, they have the same scenarios.

Edited by LazerSkink

So, is everyone actually ok with DE spending time and effort on content that will be avaible only once every 12 months? I can already tell that most of the people is gonna miss most of the skins, so what's even the point in making them?  I can understand the Proto-skins being avaible only during WF's anniversary, but why now all of the new skins with a different model have to be time limited is a mistery to me.

ok well

"if you are looking for exclusive cosmetics you can always buy yourself a Prime Access pack."

that is ofc, your own advice.

ok well

"if you are looking for exclusive cosmetics you can always buy yourself a Prime Access pack."

that is ofc, your own advice.

Maybe if you read the whole sentence you'll actually understand its meaning, but I'll explain it to you anyway: with that I mean that we already have the Prime Access and that there's no need for other exclusive cosmetics outside of it.

It is ofc, that's the point.

There was already a pretty good thread on this subject. 

I have one question, and one question only.

Is it really that important to have it?

Not the point. In fact, when it comes to cosmetics that is never the point.

Wanting to have it is enough. DE shouldn't make it tedious for you to pay them for something you want.

Not the point. In fact, when it comes to cosmetics that is never the point.

Wanting to have it is enough. DE shouldn't make it tedious for you to pay them for something you want.

It gives the skins exclusivity though, makes it into something that not everyone is going to have. What other reason would there be to make a much more sophisticated skin?

It gives the skins exclusivity though, makes it into something that not everyone is going to have. What other reason would there be to make a much more sophisticated skin?

To make money. You know, that stuff they get less of if they don't sell it to everyone who would want it.

And unavailability makes people unable to buy it, no matter how much they'd want it.

Builds up tension for it to come then.

It's no use making people want to buy something if you sell it only once in an entire year. They are amazing skins, it's enough to make people want to buy them.

I can agree that it should be more than once a year maybe something on a weekly/monthly rotation.

Edited by Vaxillian

To be fair, it DOES create elitism to have them be time limited, but from a business perspective it also gets people to buy it. I think the nekros immortal skin is "Okay" and 'I'll get it some day since it will always be there" I said this the day it came out and I still don't have it. With Limited edition stuff you go "Well it wont be here again, I need to buy it now." which gives them a huge spike in sales. It's just a smart thing to do to generate more money for DE, I know a major issue with a lot of game companies is that their fan base stop looking at them as people/a business and stop thinking that the developers need money too. Now exclusive weapons/frames I can understand being butthurt over because thoses can often times lead to being better then others, but cosmetics should never have this issue.

All that said, I think they should be limited time, but on rotation. Best of both worlds. That way you get the 'It wont be back for a bit" people and the others can go "I'll wait until its back."