The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If All Sentinels Had Vacuum

(PSN)INFINITYWART

this idea has already been up for discussion for awhile already.

We just got to wait a see it DE will do.

which Idea? 

Vacuum on all sentinels is obvious, and (my opinion)the best way to equalize the usage of sentinels. I was just thinking of things to replace vacuum on the carrier if they all had vacuum (all vacuum being equal). I haven't read many posts on this but the ones I've seen most people just propose  a larger pick up range, 

Have been suggested that idea since the day Carrier got released.

Vacuum is the one skill that made almost everyone pick Carrier.

If Vacuum becomes a general mod, we'll see a lot more variety when it comes down to companions.

Personally, I'd be jumping between companions all the time.

Exactly, same here

If all warframes had bigger loot range then *gasp* we'd actually be able to use all the other companions that DE creates and not shelf them as soon as they hit 30.

So you aren´t able to run over an item? You aren´t able to use something else then carrier because of vacuum?

You want to use Dethcube, Helios or any other companion? Use it and don´t use vacuum as you excuse.

So you aren´t able to run over an item? You aren´t able to use something else then carrier because of vacuum?

You want to use Dethcube, Helios or any other companion? Use it and don´t use vacuum as you excuse.

Oh, im able to run over an item pefectly fine, problem is...there are a lot of those items, too many to run over each one and not miss any.

I do want to use the other companions, but given that we actually need to walk over an item to pick it up makes manual picking up super tedious, especially in such a loot heavy game where there are hordes of enemies who are loot pinatas who spew loot all over the place.

Also, what happens if you actually miss a rare drop that's sitting behind a corner in your blind spot ? You want me to use loot radar over something that gives me more benefit ?

Companions are meant to provide bonuses, carrier beats every other companion by a landslide just because it has utility that is pretty much a core mechanic for any player controlled character in every other loot heavy game out there.

It's like playing archwing and trying to pick up every single drop manually when you can just use itzal and suck it all up. Is it fun for you to manually pick stuff up ?

Edited by kiteohatto

The devs are not putting Vacuum on all sentinel's, at least not for the forseeable future. 

They recently discussed it on a devstream, they said they had talked about the possibility, but decided against it because "vacuum is what makes carrier carrier". 

So yeah... if you really can't live without vacuum, you DON'T get to enjoy the other sentinel's like my beloved Helios. 

Too bad. 

Vacuum and the way it functions is absolutely not a core mechanic of anything. Vacuum is a preference. Sometimes Vacuum is actually detrimental too. But vacuum users love to ignore that. 

Carrier doesn't beat other sentinel's in anything but a popularity contest. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

which Idea?

Vacuum on all sentinels is obvious, and (my opinion)the best way to equalize the usage of sentinels. I was just thinking of things to replace vacuum on the carrier if they all had vacuum (all vacuum being equal). I haven't read many posts on this but the ones I've seen most people just propose a larger pick up range,

Pretty much everything possible has been sugested.

Last time a thread like this appeared it was requisted that all sentinels get vacuum*of course*, but i suggested that carrier gets a built in low tier quility Ammo Mutation ability for what ever weapon its onwer is weilding atm.

Edited by (XB1)brenon45

Carrier doesn't beat other sentinel's in anything but a popularity contest.

Carrier has Sweeper/Prime's DPS (at close proximity yes)...

Carrier has Vacuum (all the items are below to my owner)...

Carrier has Lots of health (kind of tanky companion)...

Popular by its in game usefulness outclass most others, not looks.

Its a bigger deal than you may want to admit to...

i play perfectly fine WITHOUT vacuum. This is why DE is not rushing to change anything. Carrier is simply a choice, and not a vital one at that. Play with me in any mission and my efficiency and effectiveness will be as good or close to yours. 

Using other companions doesnt hold me back in any way. Its all in your heads

Edited by Hypernaut1