The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Concept: Repurposed Grakatas

Sy21

So we had the Grakata, possibly one of the "lowest tier" primary weapons in the game.  I don't think anyone I know enjoyed it.  The Prisma Grakata wasn't much better.

Things looked up when we got the secondary "Twin Grakata", using 2 of the former primaries, and I have seen these actually used beyond MR fodder.

From here, there is a logical step to have the "Twin Grakata" become melee weapons.  I imagine the blueprint would use a Twin Grakata and turn it into "Repurposed Grakatas" - a Melee weapon, similar to dual cleavers, where the tenno holds the weapon by its barrel, and strikes with the butt of the weapon.  I would imagine it to have similar stats (more crushing and puncture damage rather than slashing) to the cleavers.

The "Skin" of the weapon would be essentially the same, but would have a small piece below the barrel removed, so that the tenno "hand" can go through.

This could then be added to a weapon bundle, simply known as "Five Grakata" which includes Grakata, Twin Grakata, Repurposed Grakatas, 3 weapon slots, 3 taters.

As the bundle would include 1 of each type of weapon, it would be great for grabbing a set of weapons to rank up, and bypass the requirement to farm 10 Neurodes - IMO possibly a more appealing bundle than the ones currently of similar configuration.

PS: I can also see this being a skin for the Cleavers, Zoren etc.

While I (and many others) are on board for a Grakata-themed melee weapon, one thing here bothers me.

So we had the Grakata, possibly one of the "lowest tier" primary weapons in the game.  I don't think anyone I know enjoyed it.  The Prisma Grakata wasn't much better.

What. Regular Grakata is a monster, and the Prisma version is even better.

What about... Dual Grakata... with bayonets... that would come as a gunblade: primary use is more or less like dual sword or dual dagger, charged attack fires a burst. Concept is open then: circular swipe, equilibrium-style? Centered on reticle? Something else?

Yeah, Grakatas as melee weapons could be fun.

Grakatas are the introduction to the Crit burst Auto weapons to new players, and the direct upgrade would be the Soma a few MRs later. They exist because new players always exist. 

Twin Grakatas are for fun, most likely referencing CLEM comics as he always prefers 2 Grakatas

As for Grakata Melee... there is nothing Aesthetic about the Grakata, style wise, neither is it shaped dangerously. As far as I know a Grakata is the most basic Grineer weapon, mass produced and kept simple and practical. It doesn't even have a rifle butt as Grineer don't use Rifle Butts.
So unless we use the Grakata to bash things, I hardly see it as a melee.