Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Workaround For Being Unable To Post Replies

arKRazor

Question

For over 24 hours I have been unable to post to these forums due to a bug preventing the text boxes from properly displaying. A fellow Tenno has discovered the root cause but I figured I'd try to contribute to a solution. After poking around with things I didn't understand I managed to find a band-aid. 

Chrome Browser

I've created an imgur album viewable at http://imgur.com/a/RFoqw#0

EDIT: I have posted a more comprehensive album at http://imgur.com/a/QcOhX#0 that addresses likely issues at step 3 of my previous solution.

Edited by arKRazor

Moved to Players Helping Players subforum.

For over 24 hours I have been unable to post to these forums due to a bug preventing the text boxes from properly displaying. Some else has discovered the reason. After poking around with things I didn't understand I managed to find a solution. 

Chrome Browser

I've created an imgur album viewable at http://imgur.com/a/RFoqw#0

We've been receiving reports of players being unable to post in the forums. arKRazor's solution should fix the problem if you encounter this issue. 

There is a problem involving javascript and chrome in that chrome no longer su ppors java.  This seems to be the cause.  For whatever reason it now hides this "element" (the editbox) and needs to be manually unhidden to reply.

I do not have adblocker, I do not use firefox, this is an issue with chrome

Its not the cache (I used incognito mode, no cache) and it still happens.

This is of course a guess, but since this is a java based editor, that's my best guess.  I don't know all the factors, just what's going on from my own experiences.

Uh, wow.

I just opened a ticket with Support about this. Curiously, I had tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge and none of them displayed this text box. No ad-block and everything else works fine.

It may be the new CDN - here is the error reported:

n3g6i3c6.ssl.hwcdn.net/public/js/3rd_party/ckeditor/skins/ips/skin.js?t=da753991037ed2e2624887a4706ef03d:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

https://forums.warframe.com/none Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)ckeditor.js:24 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'init' of undefined

I DID IT FINALLY A 30 MINUTE BATTLE

never mind you cant edit text post with this temporary text post...... i was going to edit my original i finally did it, but i cant remember what i was going to say. oh wait nvm DE PLEASE COME UP WITH A MORE PERMANENT FIX THIS IS VERY BAD FIX BUT IT WORKS SO WHO CARES(but fo real please fix ASAP)

oh i got the edit somehow but it was in reply to this topic box guess you can just add on not change anything from previous comment

Edited by rechot

Moved to Players Helping Players subforum.

We've been receiving reports of players being unable to post in the forums. arKRazor's solution should fix the problem if you encounter this issue. 

It does fix it, but I sincerely hope you all are looking to find the underlying issue that caused this in the first place? It's a workaround fix, nothing more.

I am also having this problem. I have an open ticket about this already: #421444

Took me a few days to figure out how to do this in Firefox. This problem also persists in internet explorer as well, and i NEVER use IE. Only reason its on my pc is for emergency situations where i need to see if its a browser problem or not. Im pretty sure its the first time ive ever visited the warframe website with IE.

The steps are similar, and the lines are called something slightly different and located differently, but the process is the same.

Edited by Faulcun

It does fix it, but I sincerely hope you all are looking to find the underlying issue that caused this in the first place? It's a workaround fix, nothing more.

I originally thought the problem was only with chrome because they no longer support java based scripts.  If this is not the case (or perhaps it is and is affecting all browsers, thus java's fault as well) then I dunno what could be causing this.  But somehow I doubt it is 

DE's fault nor will the solution be quick or easy as it will require a rewrite of all the code you see in the tutorials on how to work around the issue.

In short, this sucks.

I think it is a problem with DE's forums. I've had this problem on Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and even my Android phone browser, and this only started happening after the server went down. And we have to do this every time we want to reply to a thread. So it's not even a permanent workaround. Please fix this. Preferably soon. Just don't brush it off or assume the problem isn't on your end, DE. It is.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

I originally thought the problem was only with chrome because they no longer support java based scripts.  If this is not the case (or perhaps it is and is affecting all browsers, thus java's fault as well) then I dunno what could be causing this.  But somehow I doubt it is 

DE's fault nor will the solution be quick or easy as it will require a rewrite of all the code you see in the tutorials on how to work around the issue.

In short, this sucks.

For my part, I've seen this issue in Firefox, Chrome and Opera - on two computers.

Weirdly, Internet Explorer seems unaffected, although it's ultimately no better/faster than posting from a phone.