Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Base Damage Increase And Multishot Mods Were Removed What Would You Put On Your Weapons?

Kaokasalis

So if we say multishot and base damage increase mods like split chamber and serration were entirely removed from the modding system in a theoretical way that makes it so you dont even have to consider them in your builds. Elemental and physical damage mods remain the same.

Will you just put on more elemental and physical mods or try to fit some utility in there?

Currently nothing, all the good ideas were put into pvp mods, arcane helmets, and aug mods, so they need to start making real weapon mods.

Idk why element & physical mods are not going to change???

They have damage, they will still become mandatory that way :(

Lets hope they remove the damage side of them, but keep the effects and procs.

Edited by 7grims

On my Attica: Recoil. I modded it for high RoF, so this is something I really want.

On my Tigris: Hard to say.... I have only started playing Shotguns recently (I love duplex-auto), so I'm not entirely sure. Maybe Reloadspeed. Maybe more punchthrough. Might even settle for silence.

Edited by ArrexDrandko

If base damage and multishot is taken away, people would just stack elemental mods. I think those need addressing as well.

Personally, I would prefer if completely new mods were introduced that provide utility and new features to weapons that have no effect on DPS, or if they do, then the DPS bonus is situational.

Here are a few examples:
(These are examples just for the sake examples, don't take them too seriously)
Melee weapons:
- Phantasm: attacks have a chance of creating autonomus holographic decoys that distract enemies (decoys move around and distract enemies on their own, but deal no damage and have no collision hitbox).
- Repeated Strikes: gain bonus damage when attacking the same enemy repeatedly, attacking a new enemy resets the bonus.
- Crippling Weakness: deal bonus damage the less % hp your enemy has.
- Crippling Fear: critical hits that kill causes nearby enemies to become terrified.
- Nothing Wasted: overkill damage is stored and used on the next attack. Kinda hard to put this one into words, but here's an example, enemy has 5 hp, you kill it with an attack that deals 20 damage, that extra 15 damage is stored and used on the next attack.
- Pickpocket: melee finishers generate extra loot (basically a single target Desecrate).
- Essence Theft: after killing an Eximus temporarily gain its aura.
- Great Riposte: when resisting a knockdown attack (either by blocking or by knockdown resistance mods) perform a melee strike that hits all enemies in range and does bonus damage.

Ranged weapons:
- Rigged Magazine: after reloading, drop the used magazine which acts as a stun grenade, dealing little damage but stunning in an area that increases in size the more rounds were in the magazine at the time of reload (unused ammo is lost).
- Shock and Awe: while shooting, enemies in a small radius around the shooter are staggered, enemies in a larger radius have their accuracy reduced (not compatible with noise reduction mods, not usable on weapons that are silent by default, such as bows, doesn't work with Hushed Invisibility).
- Focus Fire: if you fire a long enough burst, reload faster (only usable on fully automatic weapons).
- Headhunter: headshots give a (temporary) stacking buff to damage, bodyshots deal the extra damage but reset stacks to 0.
- Shrapnel: physical damage procs affects all enemies in a radius around the primary target.

Like I said, some of these add damage, but in their case that extra damage situational or has to be earned.

You guys do understand you can still do it right now , and you do not need a Nerf to change your build , there is nothing in the world except yourself to stop you from using these mods since they annoy you so much

There is some people that is just again'st damage mods / strong weapon , please if you do want to screw up the community for your selfish reason

just nerf yourself your own mods , you do not need to nerf the whole players for your own good.

we are discussing this to maybe help DE balance this change and as stated it will include enemy scaling as well so don't think it's just going to be a nerf. think about it for a second and realize nobody is trying to nerf the game they love least of all DE. this is progress.

If base damage and multishot is taken away, people would just stack elemental mods. I think those need addressing as well.

Personally, I would prefer if completely new mods were introduced that provide utility and new features to weapons that have no effect on DPS, or if they do, then the DPS bonus is situational.

Here are a few examples:
(These are examples just for the sake examples, don't take them too seriously)
Melee weapons:
- Phantasm: attacks have a chance of creating autonomus holographic decoys that distract enemies (decoys move around and distract enemies on their own, but deal no damage and have no collision hitbox).
- Repeated Strikes: gain bonus damage when attacking the same enemy repeatedly, attacking a new enemy resets the bonus.
- Crippling Fear: critical hits that kill causes nearby enemies to become terrified.
- Nothing Wasted: overkill damage is stored and used on the next attack. Kinda hard to put this one into words, but here's an example, enemy has 5 hp, you kill it with an attack that deals 20 damage, that extra 15 damage is stored and used on the next attack.
- Pickpocket: melee finishers generate extra loot (basically a single target Desecrate).
- Great Riposte: when resisting a knockdown attack (either by blocking or by knockdown resistance mods) perform a melee strike that hits all enemies in range and does bonus damage.

Ranged weapons:
- Rigged Magazine: after reloading, drop the used magazine which acts as a stun grenade, dealing little damage but stunning in an area that increases in size the more rounds were in the magazine at the time of reload (unused ammo is lost).
- Shock and Awe: while shooting, enemies in a small radius around the shooter are staggered, enemies in a larger radius have their accuracy reduced (not compatible with noise reduction mods, not usable on weapons that are silent by default, such as bows, doesn't work with Hushed Invisibility).
- Focus Fire: if you fire a long enough burst, reload faster (only usable on fully automatic weapons).
- Headhunter: headshots give a (temporary) stacking buff to damage, bodyshots deal the extra damage but reset stacks to 0.
- Shrapnel: physical damage procs affects all enemies in a radius around the primary target.

Like I said, some of these add damage, but in their case that extra damage situational or has to be earned.

That´s what i would like so see for WF. Some interesting Mods and not the dull, repetitive stat increase mods.

Melee weapons:

Ranged weapons:

Good GOD ! some of those ideas are amaizingly good for new mods! You should make a separate post bro Edited by Messor36

Next best thing is status..

All the people saying they need reload speed/ flight speed etc Don't really understand, what they're saying.

On weapons with a decent status chance, yeah you should go with that. But weapons that can't reach at least 30% status on automatic weapons, and over 50% on sniper and semi-auto, mag size and reload speed are mandatory to keep a decent sustained DPS.