Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Base Damage Increase And Multishot Mods Were Removed What Would You Put On Your Weapons?

Kaokasalis

Three months later. The nerf campaign...De needs to remove "punch through"...too many players are using it because it's mandatory.

Don't even remind me of the days when basic Punch-through mods were 0.1m base and only went up to 0.6m (basically power throw levels of punchthrough)

I don't want to go back to that ;-;

More DPS mods duh.

What are you thinking ?

If they remove the 2x mandatory mods, I will simply replace them with other damage mods.

Like Hammer shot + 1 dual stat (for crit guns) or 2x Dual stat mods.

Because ultimately, damage is still the way to go. 

I just happen to get a nicceee status boost on top of that.

Based on current mods available? The crit collection for crit build weapons, mag size-ammo reserve-fire rate-recoil comp for some fun bullet hose action, and all the elementals I could squeeze in after that. They fix the broken scaling so I don't need 5 digit dps to go past an hour in a t4 survival and maybe I will consider scaling back the elemental damages.

Wel. Assuming that enemies/weapons are balanced to the point that I retail the same efectiveness without having to compensate with other mods, then I'd just use OTHER damage mods.

I mean, except in instances where the goal is to be stealthy, the goal is always to deal as much damage as quickly and to as many enemies as you can. There's no reason to play around with it except to maybe tweak it against specific factions/bosses, but at the end of the day it is stl damage optimization.

(Sorry for typos its 3:30 am and I'm using a cellphone to type this)

Edited by jsnforce

So if we say multishot and base damage increase mods like split chamber and serration were entirely removed from the modding system in a theoretical way that makes it so you dont even have to consider them in your builds. Elemental and physical damage mods remain the same.Will you just put on more elemental and physical mods or try to fit some utility in there?

O would make most of my guns critical and elemental builds. Without damage mods u don't need to Forma most of your guns now unless you go element crazy

This thread highlights one of the biggest (IMHO) problems of the modding system or at least how community perceives it.

The community seems to want it to be a (deep~ish) customization system but at the same time they want it to stay a progression system as well.

You can't have both unless you want to add a ton more RNG and FCore grind in the form of different types of Serrations and the like with their own unique drawbacks and benefits.

Drastic decrease in mod values could also work. Technically. But I doubt the Community would be willing to see their numbers lowered.

Its gonna be a never ending story:

Remove damage and multishot: more elemental mods or crit mods.

Remove elemental mods and crit mods:

Punchthrough and fire rate mods.

Remove those and whats actualy left?

Damage and multishot are so integral, rrmoving them needs a complete rework.

Edited by undernown