Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Conclave Events / Tournaments Should'nt See The Light

crimsonspartan1

not quite sure if im going to get alot of flame or not but just hear me out

conclave events / tournaments might sound like alot of fun but its pretty much a horrible idea. just image the amount of people using extremely over powered or unbalanced weapons just to grab the prize that awaits them. the people just flying around knocking everyone over and just using anything that can push their lead. while it could be a great idea, it will just be to easy for those who love to use the most unbalanced weapons against everyone else.

however... 

if there was one then DE will have to do alot of balancing and stuff just so people dont gain the advantage by using the same, over powered thing like the rest just so the prize is theirs.

what do you guys think about this and please just leave honest feedback and not flame alright

Edited by crimsonspartan1

While I personally choose not to use the over powered weapons, my clan motto is "Adapt and Overcome". Meaning, if you dont like the weapons somebody else is using, tough cookies. A real player will accel at their own strengths and win anyways. I personally welcome the challenge. It only makes me a better player.

Aside from that, if a tournament isnt to your liking, you simply dont have to participate. Nobody is forcing you. That doesnt mean that nobody else shouldnt have the opportunity either.

Nobody has to compete if they don't want to. Anyone who competes are free to use what tactics and equipment avalable within the rules. Anyone who fails to recognize and use the most powerful weapons and equipment allowed will be competing with a handicap.

Frankly, I fail to see the problem. If PvP is broken, a high pressure environment like a tournament will only help to illuminate that fact. Sweeping any problems under the rug does noone any favours.

conclave events / tournaments might sound like alot of fun but its pretty much a horrible idea. just image the amount of people using extremely over powered or unbalanced weapons just to grab the prize that awaits them. the people just flying around knocking everyone over and just using anything that can push their lead. while it could be a great idea, it will just be to easy for those who love to use the most unbalanced weapons against everyone else.

Ever since the introduction of Conclave 2.0 things have been quite balanced - at least compared to before. Newly introduced weaponry tends to be over- or underpowered quite often, but that's usually fixed a week or two later. The PvP team is quite responsive there (as you can see from the patch notes). Most weapons are sidegrades, not upgrades; even most MK1-weapons are competitive.

if there was one then DE will have to do alot of balancing and stuff just so people dont gain the advantage by using the same, over powered thing like the rest just so the prize is theirs.

what do you guys think about this and please just leave honest feedback and not flame alright

Sure, they probably shouldn't start a tournament right after a major upgrade.

pvp at the moment is extremely unbalanced.

So really all anyone in that field can do is adapt to current conditions and not flame.

Im horrible at feedback so this is just my 2 cents.

You should head over to the PvP feedback forum anyway and voice your concerns.

I super suck at conclave, yet i've been beaten very few times at dueling in dojo. Modded duels, i've won, completely unmodded duels i've won. But i SUCK at conclave. 197 kills 320 deaths. I've tried to solve the mystery with no luck why i suck but i can say it's not because the opponent had better weapons, it's also not because i was pitted against high mr players. I just suck at it i guess. Some weapons you've got no chance against, true but that's rare. Most weapons can be beat by using your head, that's not to say you headbutt the said weapon. In a tourney, you always bring your best game.

They should be a thing. They should stream matches so that I can have a good laugh at how horribly imbalanced the mode is. Bias to Puncture weapons, ease of use for melee channeling, uncounterable staggers/knockdowns/one-hit abilities other than by means of "not getting hit", crutch mechanics in general, all make the mode a joke.

Edited by AzureEmulation

Don't see why not, if enough people like it? Winners could get exclusive cosmetics or something, nothing that effects actual gameplay though.

Don't play it myself, looks like something you had to be in at the start, having none of the pvp mods looks to be a disadvantage and I really don't feel like being raped as I try to catch up?

This statement right here......has always just been stupid to me. Every time someone has used it, it was in response to something being imbalanced as if those words just auto makes everything better~

I choose to hold myself to my own standards, and I push myself to overcome imbalance, or "cheap weapons". You make excuses to why you lost.

Its called an upset... when the challenger is disadvantaged in every way, and still wins. It does not always happen by luck either. In boxing, when the clearly larger guys have advantages over the smaller guys. It also happens in other sports like racing of any kind, including and especially drag racing, in fighting games (ive seen and played in enough tournaments to have witnessed countless situations where a person using a really bad match up against somebody using a cheap character still ends up winning), and countless other situations.

Ive done it wth excal before the rework in dark sectors against cheap vaubans, blade storm spamming ashes, valkyrs, etc etc. Imagine their rage when they get the floor wiped with them.

I hold myself to what I perceive to be harder standards than taking the easy way out, and it only making my victory even more satisfying. Imbalance is not an excuse to lose. Its a reason to get better.

What kind of player makes a statement like "the only way we can win is if nobody uses XYZ". I say bring it on anyways. If I lose, ill get better and try again. If a player uses a cheap weapon or ability, so be it. That means that that is the most they are capable of. Im capable of more than that.

I choose to hold myself to my own standards, and I push myself to overcome imbalance, or "cheap weapons". You make excuses to why you lost.

Its called an upset... when the challenger is disadvantaged in every way, and still wins. It does not always happen by luck either. In boxing, when the clearly larger guys have advantages over the smaller guys. It also happens in other sports like racing of any kind, including and especially drag racing, in fighting games (ive seen and played in enough tournaments to have witnessed countless situations where a person using a really bad match up against somebody using a cheap character still ends up winning), and countless other situations.

Ive done it wth excal before the rework in dark sectors against cheap vaubans, blade storm spamming ashes, valkyrs, etc etc. Imagine their rage when they get the floor wiped with them.

I hold myself to what I perceive to be harder standards than taking the easy way out, and it only making my victory even more satisfying. Imbalance is not an excuse to lose. Its a reason to get better.

What kind of player makes a statement like "the only way we can win is if nobody uses XYZ". I say bring it on anyways. If I lose, ill get better and try again. If a player uses a cheap weapon or ability, so be it. That means that that is the most they are capable of. Im capable of more than that.

Lets se you "overcome" jat kittag spawnkill spam.

Actually we are very similiar.