Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghost In The Shell Fps And Tales Of Zestiria Locked At 30 Fps

TheErebus.

http://www.pcgamer.com/first-assault-is-a-free-to-play-ghost-in-the-shell-fps-coming-soon/

So first up, we have a Ghost in the Shell FPS coming out soon.

And yes...NEXON IS DEVELOPING IT. SO I CAN'T PLAY IT.

This next one will probably make you all go "welp, ain't buying it now."

http://www.pcgamer.com/tales-of-zestiria-will-be-locked-at-30-fps-but-thats-okay/

Tales of Zestiria for PC will be capped at 30 FPS.

The devs have stated that:

Bandai Namco explained that there's really no other option. "The 'Tales of' battle system has always been an integral part of the gameplay experience, and changing the framerate proved to have profound consequences on things like: animation, balance, difficulty, and overall fighting mechanics tuning," it wrote. "We do this in the best interest for the players’ experience!"

Honestly, if the framerate stays at that level. Then it's fine. 

But here come the framerate police.

but with puzzle games and rpgs it makes no sense.

if it was a Turn Based Game, or something where you can take your sweet time and infact should - a less than ideal Framerate can be overlooked.

but when Player reactions actually matter, having an image that's presented that's as visually smooth as reality and has significantly less Input Latency for a higher Skill level to be capable with less 'RNG' on your input - then Framerate is important. for both smoothness and Input.

but when Player reactions actually matter, having an image that's presented that's as visually smooth as reality and has significantly less Input Latency for a higher Skill level to be capable with less 'RNG' on your input - then Framerate is important. for both smoothness and Input.

Actually, a game like Bloodborne or Dark Souls is better with 30 FPS. Lower speed = more of a window for you to react.

Actually, a game like Bloodborne or Dark Souls is better with 30 FPS. Lower speed = more of a window for you to react.

only because it's designed wrong at the core, not because that's actually beneficial in reality.

if the games weren't built around Framerate (which was discovered in the early 90's that this is insanity to do), then your Framerate wouldn't change anything in the game, everything would always be the same speed.

i'm not going to blame technology for something that's the fault of certain Human beings.

i may like the Game Design effort put into the software, but i recognize the quite antiquated decisions made for some of the background tech.

Edited by taiiat

only because it's designed wrong at the core, not because that's actually beneficial in reality.

if the games weren't built around Framerate (which was discovered in the early 90's that this is insanity to do), then your Framerate wouldn't change anything in the game, everything would always be the same speed.

i'm not going to blame technology for something that's the fault of certain Human beings.

i may like the Game Design effort put into the software, but i recognize the quite antiquated decisions made for some of the background tech.

Well it's designed around how the game physically handles hit detection. So, for say "This move has 5 frames where it can deal damage, and 3 where the user is vulnerable"

*shrug*

Still worked best for them. 

If a game runs at a constant 30 FPS, then it shouldn't matter. 

Well it's designed around how the game physically handles hit detection. So, for say "This move has 5 frames where it can deal damage, and 3 where the user is vulnerable"

which is systems that were discovered in the early 90's to be insanity because performance varies every single second as well as Hardware capabilities vary.

it's unreliable because the results can widely vary. if Framerate ever fluctuates during play, even once, tying to Framerate is a failure.

Still worked best for them.

tying things to Framerate is not working the best - it's just the easiest method to Program. they took the easy way out because we know From Software cares very little about PC compared to Consoles, but will gladly take that platform's money anyways.

Hmmm, i might need to cancel the preorder on zestria then.....i was really looking forward to playing it on pc with better graphics and higher fps, but as always...bandai happens.

The same excuse was used with order 1866....."it's deliberate because it gives you cinematic experience"...yeah suuuure.

30 fps in 2015 is unacceptable, especially when they are charging so much for the title.

Edited by kiteohatto

Hmmm, i might need to cancel the preorder on zestria then.....i was really looking forward to playing it on pc with better graphics and higher fps, but as always...crapcom happens.

The same excuse was used with order 1866....."it's deliberate because it gives you cinematic experience"...yeah suuuure.

30 fps in 2015 is unacceptable, especially when they are charging so much for the title.

So much wrong with this. SO MUCH.

A. Tales of series is not made or affiliated with Capcom in any way.

B. The excuse they made has nothing to do with "cinematic experience"

Did you even read or do any research on this?

So much wrong with this. SO MUCH.

A. Tales of series is not made or affiliated with Capcom in any way.

B. The excuse they made has nothing to do with "cinematic experience"

Did you even read or do any research on this?

Oops, my bad. Capcom just comes to mind when i think bad ports. It's a typo ;p.

Fundamentally the excuse is the same. Just like taiiat said, it's coded in the same way need for speed rivals was, order 1866 was and now this.

I can understand why Japanese devs are doing it, i just don't like that they are doing it.

Edited by kiteohatto