The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Time To Stop Having Rare Event Mods That Sell For Upwards Of 500 Platinum.

Fomiru

Today, I have finally had the realization that one big problem with Warframe is it's event mods.  The IPS Mod sets, and Melee stance mods such as Tempo Royale and Astral Twilight.  And of course, Primed Chamber.

Platinum, is not cheap.  370, is 20 Dollars.  When a person goes to find something that is considered good, or the best, and then learns that its over 20 dollars, unless they were here for the event.  For one single, piece of equipment?

Two own the entire IPS mod set, people are asking upwards of 100 dollars.  A single Stance mod, is worth 30 dollars.

It's time to put these into the game, because not only is this absolutely ludicrous for a minor upgrade, but I think events should be a fun thing.  Not a, You are required to do this to be able to function at a higher level than most players.  That's silly.

All I am asking, please put these mods in the drop tables.  Just so I can actually play the game with all the mods and equipment without having to drop hundreds of dollars.

No sorry, there is this thing called 75% platinum discount that you can get for free by logging on.

And if they would drop, who the hell would participate in the event anymore.

That's RNG, and there are much more incentives to do an event other than just the rare powerful mods.

Such as, the badge, the competition on the leaderboards.  And the fun you can have with your friends.  It's something different, too.

That's RNG, and there are much more incentives to do an event other than just the rare powerful mods.

Such as, the badge, the competition on the leaderboards.  And the fun you can have with your friends.  It's something different, too.

Uhm... To be honest, event is mostly about time-limited reward. So taking it away from event would make it becomes a time-limited game mode and no game mode should be locked away for no reason. 

I always get a 75% every 2 weeks though.

Its not like anyone or anything is forcing you to buy or use them for endgame. Besides that its a free market, people can charge what they want. Thats the fairest market there is

^ this

Unfortunately that's how Free to Play games work.

If you want a REAL rage-fest...look up Entropia Universe...the In-game Real Estate 'Crystal Palace' sold for over $300,000 Real Cash.

I just started playing Warframe less than 2 weeks ago, and I already have the mindset for it.

*****Events and stuff will ALWAYS come back around, have patience and give them time.*****

Or, rage-quit like a child and go play Hello Kitty.

Simply put, player based economy will always charge outrageous prices for stuff. Either deal with it and find ways to "Live without this 'mod' you absolutely have to have", or buck-up and pay what YOU find is reasonable for something else.

I may be abrasive on this, but I'm sick of ppl whining about how MUCH things cost in a Free to Play game.

No sorry, there is this thing called 75% platinum discount that you can get for free by logging on.

This. 100% this. Plat is not expensive, events need stuff to motivate people.

Its not like anyone or anything is forcing you to buy or use them for endgame. Besides that its a free market, people can charge what they want. Thats the fairest market there is

This as well. You don't NEED event mods to handle literally anything in the game. They're something you can get if you want to push your gear a bit higher. DE isn't the one "setting" the prices on these things, it's your fellow players. If you want to complain about something complain about capitalism.

You can't/don't have the time or motivation to put in the effort to get it instead of buying it? That's on you. TONS of games put special items in alerts that you can't even trade to get- you have no good reason to complain.

This is a game of mercenaries, NOONE is going to participate in an event that doesn't have some sort of reward they care about, which in this game is guns resources and mods. If you prefer getting a badge or your name on the high scores, good for you- the majority of players prefer other things. Also, I invite you to look at the raid section of the leaderboards. Last I checked there were some total pros beating the raid in 3 minutes (TOTALLY legit amirite?).

Well, let's see here.

1) Coupons that you can get daily.

2) Prime Access gives you a ton at a better price, along with other goodies.

3) With the two above, the trade market has enough plat to go around, so you can basically get plat for free if you try.

Basically, you either cough up the dough, or put effort to get what you want, which is the basis of this game's f2p model.

Today, I have finally had the realization that one big problem with Warframe is it's event mods. The IPS Mod sets, and Melee stance mods such as Tempo Royale and Astral Twilight. And of course, Primed Chamber.

Platinum, is not cheap. 370, is 20 Dollars. When a person goes to find something that is considered good, or the best, and then learns that its over 20 dollars, unless they were here for the event. For one single, piece of equipment?

Two own the entire IPS mod set, people are asking upwards of 100 dollars. A single Stance mod, is worth 30 dollars.

It's time to put these into the game, because not only is this absolutely ludicrous for a minor upgrade, but I think events should be a fun thing. Not a, You are required to do this to be able to function at a higher level than most players. That's silly.

All I am asking, please put these mods in the drop tables. Just so I can actually play the game with all the mods and equipment without having to drop hundreds of dollars.

Thing is, the in-game market is quite similar in its prices (I believe Equinox costs 325p or something close to that). I agree, it's way too much, but that's because DE has already set a standard by having their in-game stuff cost way too much. So I'd like to see a drastic reduction in the market prices first, and then that might eventually drive people to lower their asking prices. If we had an auction house system, with a capped selling price per item (essentially allowing players to negotiate for a lower price, but not above a certain, set, reasonable price), then we wouldn't have the problem that you specify.

But there is no point in lowering someone's asking price for rare mods if there isn't also an overall lowering of plat prices across the board (and that includes the market, revives cost, rush cost, etc).

Edited by AntoineFlemming

if people didnt buy plat or prime access, warframe would not exist.  So supporting the game is good...to a point.  I have no problem buying a potato or a few hundred plat when the coupons are good.  Maybe somebody can shed some light on this, but I do not feel at all like i'm doing the game any good when I farm 5 ash bps, sell them for 500ish total plat and then use that plat to buy something directly from another player.  I guess they had to get the plat from *somewhere* so maybe it's indirectly doing some good but meh @ some of the excessive values on mods like the OP says.  Sometimes I get the feeling like the plat doesn't leave the economy like it does when you buy from the in-game market.  It would be neat to see metrics of how much plat enters and leaves the Warframe economy on a day by day basis.

I *really* wish i knew how people get the 75% coupon once every 2 weeks, because I get it maybe once every 2-3 months if i'm lucky.

It would be nice if some of these events would come back around for those of us who might have had to travel out of town or something while they were in progress.  I havent seen a tac-alert on the PC in good while.  I wouldn't even mind doing some of the older ones over again as some of them were kinda fun.

this game *really* needs an auction house.  The current trade channel system is barbaric and harkens back to the days of sitting in the East Commons tunnel shouting "WTS TOLANS VAMBRACES!" in Everquest from the 90's.  I find it kind of amazing that Tenno do not communicate with eachother through walkie talkies or rotary phones.

Edited by Clowee

These mods should remain exclusive for a certain amount of time, half a year at most in my eyes. After that, they should become a permanently available part of the game.

I've never had a single 75% discount and even 50% barely ever appear at all. Just because you happen to be lucky, that doesn't apply to other people.

DE needs to make money.

There are more fair ways to make money.

Though, the specifics are unknown. I doubt anyone outside of DE has access to their monetary related statistics, so my arguement and yours are pointless to put forth.

Edited by Vougue

There are more fair ways to make money.

Though, the specifics are unknown. I doubt anyone outside of DE has access to their monetary related statistics, so my arguement and yours are pointless to put forth.

DE makes lots of money from player trades, Sheldon even mentioned it when they made primes tradable. Thats why they keep exclusive mods and vault old primes to make them more expensive - means new players will have to pay more for them, so they have to purchase more plat.

DE makes lots of money from player trades, Sheldon even mentioned it when they made primes tradable. Thats why they keep exclusive mods and vault old primes to make them more expensive - means new players will have to pay more for them, so they have to purchase more plat.

We still don't know how much money they need to stay afloat vs how much they are milking for pure profit. When I said "specifics" I was referring to the exact income statistics, not just the parts we know a little bit about.

1. You don't need those mod

2. DE will release them again

3. Just be glad that you can farm all four elemental event mods now. Those are the one you really need

4. They worth that much because buyer can afford that much. Some people are sitting with pile of plats because they support the game by buying Prime access everytime. I myself have 8k plats now.

Prices will never drop in trade as long as people are still desperate, impatient, overfunded, or just plain stupid. Someone wants a mod bad enough to blow over 1k plat on it? That's going to be the new default asking price until no one is left willing to buy it that doesn't already have it. That said, everything BUT founders stuff is going to be rereleased at some point. Knew a guy who blew 650p on jolt a month before the void trader brought it in. He was all proud because he got such a "good deal" given that the going rate was 900p at the time. I bought mine for ducats and laughed myself silly. Patience, it will same you much platinum.

So basically you want more free stuff and you don't want to support DE anymore? Or have you really truly ever supported DE?

Lol NO

It can be rereleased. There is no certainty about that.

The only thing certain in life are death, taxes, and founders gear never to be released again....