Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So The New "brawler" Frame Is Actually An Earth Elemental Frame.

Mak_Gohae

in Mythology ATLAS was one of the second-generation titans. He personified endurance . In one tradition, Atlas led the Titans in a rebellion against Zeus and was condemned to bear the heavens upon his shoulders. In another, he was said to have been appointed guardian of the pillars which held earth and sky asunder. He was also the god who instructed mankind in the art of astronomy, a tool which was used by sailors in navigation and farmers in measuring the seasons. These roles were often combined and Atlas becomes the god who turns the heaven on their axis, causing the stars to revolve. 

In many instances coined as the bearer of heaven

And whos to say it wont change the powers are not set in stone as it stated placeholder in the stream?

and maybe they meant Bowler not brawler with the shield power?

in all instances im just here for the valkyr reskin and update xD

No, because when you look at the names Chroma and Nekros you can INSTANTLY identify them as Latin roots and that INSTANTLY ties them to Grecko-Roman origins.

I'm not talking mythology, I'm talking association. Admittedly that may rule out Zephyr a touch but I'd say you'd still have to make a case for doing so. Chroma, Nekros, Atlas, Nyx, ALL bring to mind Greek connotations.

My God. 

"Technology" is Latin based. "Science" is Latin based. Everything is Latin based, it does not make them Greek.

This is common English, why the hell are you having a beef with common English ?

You say Nekros is Greek, well then let's talk about other aspect of Nekros

His design ? A skinny death guy with a reaper hood and ring on his limbs. Not Greek

His power ? Soul rip, inflict fear, desecrate corpse and summon zombie. Not particularly Greek.

Alternative Helmet ? A spider and a shaman inspired helmet. Not Greek.

This Greek connotation doesn't exist.

Warframe would not be Greek even if DE drape them in god damn togas.

And you know full and well what I meant as place and culture association with words, not root words and word variations - that's been the entire subject of this debate.

Well what do you want ? A homosexual Warframe, that vaguely resemble some obscure culture in Africa and have a name you can't pronounce ?

Is that the diversity and representation you want ?

Edited by Re4nimated

On behalf of the Design Council - WHETHER THEY WANT ME TO OR NOT - I apologize that Atlas isn't named Golem.

Atlas is a stupid name for this frame, and we all feel stupid for thinking it was fitting. The name SHOULD have been Golem.

WE WILL TRY TO DO BETTER IN THE FUTURE.

*glares as Design Council*

Well, now you're 0/33948498.  No disappointments there!

Well what do you want ? A homosexual Warframe, that vaguely resemble some obscure culture in Africa and have a name you can't pronounce ?

Is that the diversity and representation you want ?

I just want to not see Latin names overused here like they are everywhere else. Don't care where they come from, don't care about "diversity and representation" in the long run, let's just pull some name idea from other places so we don't turn into every poorly-written fictional universe out there.

Yes, a character with a name coming from African culture would be awesome. I've only the vaguest of ideas on what that could be off the top of my head, but they all sound a lot more awesome than reusing the same Latin name we've seen overused in fiction again and again for the ump-teenth time.

And if it can't be pronounced don't use it - good thing that's not something that isn't easily worked around..

Atlas is a good name. If his 4th ability is "Summon Golems" why should he be named Golem. And if his name was Golem and his 4th called Summon Atlas(?) that would just be awkward.

Army of the Earth?

Summon Elemental?

Stone Army?

The metals around you. Pull off mineral fragments, make rocks.

And I do agree with that. It would be a cool aesthetic tidbit.

Metals are made when they are pulled out\separated from rocks.

If you are going to use the metals around you, you are, this is why i suggested this, creating hunks of metal instead of rocks.

I guess if it's really dusty in Corpus ships, like REEEEALLLY dusty you can make more rock-like stuff but man.... it has to be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaally dusty.

Also, chill with the name discussion. Make a thread about that if you really want to talk about it.

Seriously though What. The. EFF! I was so stoked for him as I'm sure many of you saw me flooding this board with Brawler hype. 

DE: Creates a Rock frame with 1 punching ability...names it a Brawler frame.  Niiiiiiiiiiice.

Punches the ground to create elementals, punches the ground to make a rock wall and then punches it again to send it flying. Yeah totally not related to his fists.

And as someone pointed out earlier, it'd just end up being a Valk clone.

Valkyr isnt a hand-to-hand frame.

>insane amounts of armor

>an ability to reduce the distance between her and enemies

>an ability that makes her attack with her hands and feet

>the ability to buff movement speed and attack speed

Yeah totally not a hand to hand frame.

DE and their false advertising! 

Chroma the Shamanframe Dragonframe

Atlas the Earthelementalframe BRAWLERframe

and then we have an idiotic chinese influenced 'Monkey' King frame. Because that fits Warframe in what way? 

Chroma is based off of dragons from ALL literature. Chromatic dragons being the kind where their color determines what they breathe. Then we have: element breath (all dragons), self+team buff (only shaman characteristic), dragon armor (said to be adaptable), and the ability to summon a dragon to fight for you. Really shamanistic there

Edited by theammostore

i just think this new frames gunna sit in our inventorys it sounds like mastery fodder to me

1st ability gimic

2nd ability cool but volt does it better

3rd ability... i can turn 1 thing to stone in front of me or make the map move 75% slower with nova.... let me think...

4th is where this could shine if they can deal good end game damage could be a cool toy if they dont have a duration on them once again good toy if they have a duration and are useless id rather go my nekros and have 17 useless allies rather than 2

all in all the names the last of my worries for this new frame

also note about wu kong hydroid can turn into a puddle wu kong can turn into a cloud... ok maybe... atlas wont be so bad compaired to this

So if you notice in the devstream the first punch of the chain punch ability did around 300 dmg, then doubled around 600 on the second.  I know the values aren't final, but I think that alone shows promise for solid scaling.  who knows, with a lot of mods put into strength you could be looking at the starting punch at 500, then double damage per subsequent punch (1,000 --> 2,000 --> 4,000 --> 8,000).  That looks pretty darn strong to me.  I think it'll be interesting to see how long the window of time between punches is to keep the multiplier going.

>insane amounts of armor

>an ability to reduce the distance between her and enemies

>an ability that makes her attack with her hands and feet

>the ability to buff movement speed and attack speed

Yeah totally not a hand to hand frame.

I was talking about the powers themselves and not what you can accomplish with the use of the powers.

Yes the first three powers can help you with melee but when discussing a brawler i am talking about powers that are actual fighting moves.

On behalf of the Design Council - WHETHER THEY WANT ME TO OR NOT - I apologize that Atlas isn't named Golem.

Atlas is a stupid name for this frame, and we all feel stupid for thinking it was fitting. The name SHOULD have been Golem.

Atlas was fairly voted to the top. Sorry your personal choice of "Golem" didn't make it. I wouldn't be waltzing around the forums complaining if my choice wasn't chosen, so I wouldn't expect you to do it either.

Atlas was fairly voted to the top. Sorry your personal choice of "Golem" didn't make it. I wouldn't be waltzing around the forums complaining if my choice wasn't chosen, so I wouldn't expect you to do it either.

Well I do like to shatter expectations.

On behalf of the Design Council - WHETHER THEY WANT ME TO OR NOT - I apologize that Atlas isn't named Oros.

Atlas is a stupid name for this frame, and we all feel stupid for thinking it was fitting. The name SHOULD have been Oros.

Fixed! Edited by TheBrsrkr