Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It Doesn't Come Up Much, But I'm Glad There's No Downvote On These Forums.

Kylecrafts

I kinda want one...

Would be abused, you've been on youtube like everyone else, people hit the dislike button on things for no reason at all. I watched a video where a guy was apologising for a lack on uploads due to the fact his friend passed away, 500 dislikes.

Damn trolls.

Believe it or not, the forums DID have a downvote feature. 

However, it was quickly discovered this did not promote discussions in the way DE had intended. 
For everyone's sake, they removed this feature. You can upvote if you like a post, but if your opinion differs, you can certainly explain your viewpoint in your own post, instead of having a massively down voted post with little explanation.

Too many people think of downvotes as a disagree button. In a place where you're supposed to share your opinion on things, I really don't see what merits the existence of a downvote system, other than providing spiteful people with some sort of strange twisted satisfaction.

Without a downvote option, at least people have to tell you why they disagree with something, rather than just pointlessly suffocating any idea that isn't popular.

So yeah, I love the fact that there's no downvote~

Edited by smokednin

I have to agree with the majority above.

It's too easy to vote, and not easy enough to contribute.

Edit: 'pointless' nerf threads are only pointless if you think they are. Downvotes are not an objective qualifier of uselessness, as much as we like to think they could be.

Edited by Vastaren

shared without dying out

on the contrary.

well explained arguments that are very reasonable for N thing generally 'die out' because nobody has anything to say because it's already 'perfect', so people press up vote and the Thread gets lost in a day or two.

meanwhile, if a thread is titled 'Rhino sucks' or something like that, it'll be a 60 page long thread.

with that in mind, might as well have both up and down so that those that have nothing to contribute other than to say yes or no can just do that, without bumping a Thread that they aren't really contributing to.

so realistically, having either button achieves little to nothing, but, having them means you get less threads with 50% bump posts.

dislikes on Youtube

doesn't matter, whether you up or down vote a Video on Youtube it makes it more popular, and gets shoved in more people's faces for recommendations.

if you truly dislike a Video, you don't Like or Dislike.

Edited by taiiat

The forum are mostly fill with <elitist> who always complain x need a nerf because my warframe or weapon can't outperform them. =~=

Lately I've seen less of this type of "elitist" (not sure if that is the correct term here) and more of, everything is fine don't change anything because I can spam and exploit. Then again I haven't seen many pvp feedback threads in a while.

To me a downvote button would just give the satisfaction of disagreeing harder arfter posting a comment. Though this would be reserved for the posts that I just completely wouldn't agree with.

However, it was quickly discovered this did not promote discussions in the way DE had intended. 

For everyone's sake, they removed this feature. You can upvote if you like a post, but if your opinion differs, you can certainly explain your viewpoint in your own post, instead of having a massively down voted post with little explanation.

Beware this is however how threads get locked

Too many people think of downvotes as a disagree button. In a place where you're supposed to share your opinion on things, I really don't see what merits the existence of a downvote system, other than providing spiteful people with some sort of strange twisted satisfaction.

Without a downvote option, at least people have to tell you why they disagree with something, rather than just pointlessly suffocating any idea that isn't popular.

So yeah, I love the fact that there's no downvote~

28579h.jpg

I ninja'd you but you get more upvotes than me?... -_-

Hah! Jokes on you : I upvoted your post...

DOWNVOTE CANCEL

Geez! This guy knows how to counter-attack...

124.png

You win this battle, but you haven't won the war(frame) ...

+1

You don't get feedback, have this for no reason.

Speaking of which, before this derails yet. Back on the topic of how people love downvoting things when it doesn't deserve it such as that guy's touching video about his dead friend. 

There are things that are absolute trash and people can troll by upvoting them just so these trash things can be closer to getting on the front page, or featured list, or whatever site has as it's "top hits" for posts and such. Regardless of forums, video website, you name it. So do consider the double-edged sword aspect of the thumbs up and thumbs down functions