Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Reason Vaykor Hek Exist.

LogaMC1995

Steel meridians were Grineers, but now they oppose them.

SM wanted a weapon that has both the looks of Grineer and effective against Grineers.

Only weapon that made by Grineer and has most puncture damage are Hek and Harpak.

Hek is maybe chosen because using a Grineer high ranker's weapon(Vay Hek) against his own race is much more badass.

Plus Hek is a shotgun, Harpak is a needlegun.

Just a theory.

Also to make it sounds like Vay Hek when shortened

did I also mention that it sucks?

i've never used the normal hek.. i mostly use crit weapons cause i love them so... now that SM came with this shotgun (HEK) i started to love it..

I put some forma into this shotgun, tested into the void (SOLO), no loki,nova, or some frame to debuff mobs ,  only using corrosive projection...managed to kill lv 110+ heavy gunners... if lv 100 still is lame.. well i must be a nub xD 

Btw i dont care if the normal hek outclasses the SM one ... 

Edited by xDesconocidox

If you happen to have bought P Ravage, no it does not....

Even without primed ravage, it remains one of the highest damage weapons in the entire game and massive overkill.  It doesn't matter if you drop a 50kt tactical nuke or a 60kt tactical nuke on the enemy, they're still just as nuked.

People are just silly.

Even without primed ravage, it remains one of the highest damage weapons in the entire game and massive overkill.  It doesn't matter if you drop a 50kt tactical nuke or a 60kt tactical nuke on the enemy, they're still just as nuked.

People are just silly.

well 50k is nothing on a level 100 Gunner or bombard..... there (if u actually land that number) the 10k between them is a big difference....

anb its not a crit shotgun, it hardly exceeds 50%, so half the shot will crit, but since u have crit build on, u must`ve dropped elemental mods, so it pretty much is the same damage output without Critical... except DPS builds are not RNG based like crits or status..........

you can use what u like, but personally, for now I think Vanilla Hek is better

EDIT: the more the better, why would I go for 50k when I can go for 60k? that just doesn`t make sense, and if u ask me, other Grineer weapons could`ve used a better version, Hek was already overkill, I don`t see why it got a sidegrade... Ignis, Grinlok, Hind, Grakata, Sobek, and a lot more could`ve used a vaykor version.. but the best one gets another sister, and the worst ones still cry in a corner

and same goes for tigris, penta and boltor, I see other guns who could`ve used a better variant

Edited by Bizzaro21

well 50k is nothing on a level 100 Gunner or bombard..... there (if u actually land that number) the 10k between them is a big difference....

anb its not a crit shotgun, it hardly exceeds 50%, so half the shot will crit, but since u have crit build on, u must`ve dropped elemental mods, so it pretty much is the same damage output without Critical... except DPS builds are not RNG based like crits or status..........

you can use what u like, but personally, for now I think Vanilla Hek is better

EDIT: the more the better, why would I go for 50k when I can go for 60k? that just doesn`t make sense, and if u ask me, other Grineer weapons could`ve used a better version, Hek was already overkill, I don`t see why it got a sidegrade... Ignis, Grinlok, Hind, Grakata, Sobek, and a lot more could`ve used a vaykor version.. but the best one gets another sister, and the worst ones still cry in a corner

and same goes for tigris, penta and boltor, I see other guns who could`ve used a better variant

Oh ya those level 100 gunners we run into all the time. Oh wait...

There have been some fairly exhaustive Reddit posts detailing the statistical advantage the Vaykor has over the standard Hek even with a non-prime ravage.

That's very true, however, people don't want to learn anything new and can't be taught anything. People don't like something so it has to "suck". I guess the best way to illustrate the idiocy is to point out that these are the same people who fail to be able to spell, but are right about absolutely everything else.

Now explain why Scattered Justice continues to exist, defying engineering logic everywhere. D

It seems a little asinine that the devs claimed multishot without additional ammo consumption was a bug for over 2 years when they released a mod like Scattered Justice a little over half a year ago.

rwiMChY.png in terms of DPS and procs/shot, it does

Oh for crap's sake, Bizzaro you are just plain wrong.

Since with P ravage you can get 47% crit per pellet , you have a high crit chance even with reduced pellet count. And when it crits, you get higher sustained damage which is the most important aspect.

It seems a little asinine that the devs claimed multishot without additional ammo consumption was a bug for over 2 years when they released a mod like Scattered Justice a little over half a year ago.

By lore standards, why on earth would Steel Meridian design an upgrade to their gun that can't use an upgrade for their gun that they already designed for it. It completely shatters logic and flips tables. Even if people think Vhek is fine as is without it, it still makes no sense that SM would deliberately ignore something that'd make it even better and fail to incorporate the ability to use it as if they forgot it existed even though they been using it all this time. That is what bothers me most about it. I'd hate to think that my favorite Syndicate has mentally ill weapon engineers. 

Why are people still whining that the mod should work on the Vaykor Hek?

For gods sake people, the Hexis augment for the Burston Prime doesn't work on the Burston either. There's no sense in beating this dead horse.

Besides, you'll all quit being salty about how the Vaykor Hek is apparently worse as soon as that multishot rework hits. Better get Primed Ravage before it does, because Vaykor Hek is going to be pretty much the king of crit shotguns.

That's very true, however, people don't want to learn anything new and can't be taught anything. People don't like something so it has to "suck". I guess the best way to illustrate the idiocy is to point out that these are the same people who fail to be able to spell, but are right about absolutely everything else.

personally, I don`t like it because I already have vanilla forma`ed and potatoed, and is working nice, I don`t find a reason to get a side-grade for it, and I dont like RNG based builds like crit...