Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Weapons Power Burst - Controlled With A Button

Sannidor

This was suggested several times right after syndicate powers were introduced.

Now that their effects were nerfed toned down there is much less worry that discharges would be game breaking if controlled.

DE Steve mentioned it's an issue to make it usable yet not disrupting spy missions.

Seriously? After a lot of brainstorming we got silent Rakta Ballistica, which alerts half the map with explosion.

So we needed a second silent Rakta weapon to have it fixed? Ok, better late than never I guess.

Solution for button responsible for syndicate explosion is super simple:

- melee BLOCK button for guns

- RELOAD button for melee

Or any other for keyboard users, we like to have options for button binding.

As for rules of discharge - anything seems better than uncontrollable blast.

Maybe, once it's fully charged, player gets a 20 second window for using the power, after that time it resets.

Syndicate weapons charge way too fast from passive XP, these should get much more "refill" from damage done, not only from kills!

This would encourage active use of weapon.

Finally, syndicate melee should charge power also from quick melee stance. Less power, maybe, but still.

This is a must.

Isn't melee block bound to RMB by default? Like, the button pretty much everyone uses for aiming?

We could technically bind it to Use button, though it could lead to issues when stealthily opening doors, cabinets or using elevators.

There's always an option of just forcing enemy AI to reset when caught in explosion, though it could lead to issues where enemies in Survival, Defense or Excavation just kinda forget what they were doing.

Or we could just force AI to ignore this certain explosion and go on as if nothing has ever happened.

Edited by Mofixil

Isn't melee block bound to RMB by default? Like, the button pretty much everyone uses for aiming?

We could technically bind it to Use button, though it could lead to issues when stealthily opening doors, cabinets or using elevators.

There's always an option of just forcing enemy AI to reset when caught in explosion, though it could lead to issues where enemies in Survival, Defense or Excavation just kinda forget what they were doing.

Or we could just force AI to ignore this certain explosion and go on as if nothing has ever happened.

I use RMB for crouch

LMB for shooting

left Ctrl for aim 

middle mouse click for melee block

secondary fire - E button

reload - R

Alt for melee (both quick and full)

Shift is both roll and sprint

use/interact - X (not fused with reloading)

I will buy gaming mouse soon so this will most likely change slightly. Maybe I'll get powers under a thumb. 

I experimented with fire and melee binded to mouse roll as well, works fine but I prefer switching powers with rolling and using it with C.

Edited by Sannidor

RMB stands for Right Mouse Button FYI, Left Right Mouse Button is kind of a contradiction.

Anyway, what a fancy set of binds, I thought Tribes had exotic default settings, but this is completely new level.

Or I'm just a scrub.

yeah, I herped, then I derped and well...

fixed :)