Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Drought So Bad =[

--Sensei--

Most people do. But forma drops on nearly all void missions and it has a fairly high drop chance. It should be doable to get at least one forma in half an hour.

I was farming for formas in T4D missions and the drop chance was very bad for me.

Also I don't want to come home with the mindset that I'll have to GRIND something in a VOID mission for which i require a KEY(T3Sabotage gives best Forma drops but get deez keys without burning them up),which then takes 24h to build.

It's not even 100% sure that it'll drop.

(Yea very confusing to say it in Warframe)

For someone,who actually needs every valuable minute,it's little frustating.

I want to spend this time on chilling and relaxing in Warframe by playing what i want with my fav. weapon and warframes,which need Formas to shine.

Edited by Commander70

I was farming for formas in T4D missions and the drop chance was very bad for me.

Also I don't want to come home with the mindset that I'll have to GRIND something in a VOID mission for which i require a KEY(T3Sabotage gives best Forma drops but get deez keys without burning them up),which then takes 24h to build.

It's not even 100% sure that it'll drop.

(Yea very confusing to say it in Warframe)

For someone,who actually needs every valuable minute,it's little frustating.

I want to spend this time on chilling and relaxing in Warframe by playing what i want with my fav. weapon and warframes,which need Formas to shine.

One's fortune is a misfortune for the other I guess. If you didn't get forma in T4D then I'd say thats very bad luck because all rotations on that can drop a forma. Thats unfortunately how the game works. The RNG is awfull.

I wonder who's side RNG would pick. For the one that wants forma badly or the one that thinks forma as a plague. 

If forma was tradable it would fix a lot of problems. I would sell one for 1 plat. Both parties would be happy.

As I said before in my op.

I basically 4-6 forma most of my weps, and I own alot of weapons, I like to optimize and maximize my builds and test out different builds, I've literally burned through all my formas to the point where I'm dropping 300 plat to buy more formas because I have none from the void.

JUST BECAUSE it drops alot for you, doesn't mean it's the same for me or someone else who DOESNT get any.

I've been farming T4 etc etc w/e with getting zero formas so your drop chance of 25% or even 35% is not true at all, DE also stated formas stop dropping after every wave in T4D so that's also not true at all, and are now limited to maybe the beginning waves, I'd find the original post to quote it but I'm too lazy to do that.

The world doesnt revolve around you and your luck with rng to have a mountain full of formas, I'd love it if I can buy forma bp for 1 plat per, I'd buy all of them right now but no, atm I'm stuck dropping 20 plat per forma because whynot amirite? /sarcasm

Edited by --Sensei--

what was the point again of removing forma? so we can get more ducat fodder? aren't ducats easy to get anyway?

People wanted the forma removed in hopes that rare items would drop more often- but thats NOT the case. Its still the same drop rate, except now we get ducat fodder instead of forma that some find useful. The players that have "tons of forma" most likely also have 1000s of ducats just saved up. 

Im not too salty about it though, unlike many players, i enjoy having things i "need" in a grindy game like this. It just makes forma BPs feel that much more satisfying. Maybe that is what DE wants in the first place- for players to actually be happy when they get forma.

How so?

Because it is?

Look, we ALL have to realize that RNG just hates some of us.

I understand that YOU seem to get Forma regularly, but we need YOU to understand that this is not the default for everyone. Your experience is not the standard which sets the bar for everyone.

Last week I ran 20+ T2 and T3 Captures. I got not a single Forma.

The issue is people need to stop screaming over one another and saying "Forma is fine, I get it all the time..." That is not helpful because again, for each person that says they have 80 Forma there is one that says they have none. In the world of averages that means a big 0. And an average drop rate of 0 is NOT a good method.

The issue needs to be addressed on WHERE it drops as well as how often. People whined about getting it in every drop in a T4 Defense, so DE just wiped it from the entire drop table it seems.

I'm not one of those people who wanted the forma to be removed from the drop pool, I was actually the people who wanted forma to stay, because every forma I got was better than 2 sicarus prime bp in a row.

That and I just about 4-5 forma sometimes 6 every wep I enjoy using.

The people who wanted the formas to be removed or nerfed do not speak for me or the majority of players who actually liked the 4-5 formas in a row in the void.

RIP Forma.

Here, take my like, Sir.

Because it is?

Look, we ALL have to realize that RNG just hates some of us.

I understand that YOU seem to get Forma regularly, but we need YOU to understand that this is not the default for everyone. Your experience is not the standard which sets the bar for everyone.

Last week I ran 20+ T2 and T3 Captures. I got not a single Forma.

The issue is people need to stop screaming over one another and saying "Forma is fine, I get it all the time..." That is not helpful because again, for each person that says they have 80 Forma there is one that says they have none. In the world of averages that means a big 0. And an average drop rate of 0 is NOT a good method.

The issue needs to be addressed on WHERE it drops as well as how often. People whined about getting it in every drop in a T4 Defense, so DE just wiped it from the entire drop table it seems.

Perhaps it is you who is on the wrong side of the RNG? Ever thought about that?

Lets look at the facts. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/486215-prime-gear-drop-locations/

Check out the drops. See how much forma is apparent in the void missions? They nerfed forma in only two locations and people are yapping about a forma drought. Sorry but I think that forma is still in overload in the void missions. It clutters the drops and dillutes them. 

Just because you don't get a lot of forma doesn't mean there's a shortage. Works both ways.

As kubbi said:

There are 9 different missions containing 44 different drop possibilities over drops that are unique for the Void.(If you go 20mins/20wave/4rounds on endless missions and single runs with others.)From these 44 drop possibilities there are 23 that can contain a Forma or Forma BP. That's over half of all the droptables in all Void.

So if you are not receiving any formas after excessive farming, I suggest you stop for a minute and check out the actual and updated droptables and rethink your farming strategies and mission selections.

The release of Void trader has slowly changed the droptables so that ducat farming is slower. There is a bigger value even for the most common prime parts since they don't drop like they used to. This gives a even bigger value over the actual items that are bought from Baro. In the long run this is good so that the prime and prisma/primed items arent easier to get than basic items from starmap/market.

I understand it is frustrating to not get any formas even more so if you are building a Dojo from a scratch (like I did with only 1 friend). Getting every weapon to fully formaed easily isn't the way. Decision to use forma on a weapon shouldn't be like eating an endless pack of candies. It should feel like an achievement to get your weapon more powerful. That you have actually contributed some real effort towards it. And relish that one or two good weapons; not every single weapon with tons of forma. Since most of the weapons really do not need ANY forma on them to be viable even in T4 missions. You really don't need weapons that can one-shot level 200 enemies on a mission that has level 20 enemies. I myself have only used maybe 10 formas on warframes and weapons combined for that exact reason. There is really no need. And yet I've been running T4 survivals over 120mins and defences over 90 rounds.

This insane forma farming only seems to be a problem for those individuals who have gone too deep into min/max philosophy. Learn that you cannot have everything at once and instantly. If you don't have enough forma after 2000 hours in Warframe and you're already at max possible MR; only then there is something to look at. Maybe stop to think what YOU could do different first before yelling at game design.

Edit: link was broken from quote

Edited by -Zr-Scroll

I am also very irate with the forma drop rate. 

I can never have enough forma bps - I will say that I find that I can manage to get BPs  (but wish I could get them more easily, more reliably than before). But I also used to put 4-6 forma on each Frame and weapon and Archwing and more than that for each new companion.

Now my one forma per day cannot keep up with my forma demands, and have none stockpiled. 

Worse, In the last week, I have run over 50 t3 Ext, over 80 t3 sab and done a several hundred minutes of t3 sabotage: not a single fully formed foma (in the two months I have gotten 3 fully formed forma: one from each from a t3 sab, ext and surv respecitively). 

For all of you who are complaining that you have too many Formas, use them for crying out loud! Max out some different weapons! And if you still have too many, then build eximus polarity slot unlockers: they require 2 forma each plus at least one additional forma to make the slot usable (possibly more). So that is 3-4 forma for many frames. 

Run T3 Sabotage and open all the caches. T2 & T3 Sabotage keys drop like candies from any Excavation on any planet, it seems--I've been running nothing but T3 Sabotage since last week and I'm still at 60-something keys, it's that common. It also has a low chance of giving you a pre-made Forma, too!