The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remember The Days When... Wf Edition

izzatuw

• 3 weeks later...

While I can't agree with everything in this list, I agree with 85ish%.   

Hey DE when your players that have been around long enough to see all the changes since closed beta are reacting like this, there may be a problem. 

100% this. Well, maybe I agree with more of the list than you do, but still.

On topic:

When elemental mods meant something dependable and useful other than MOAR DAMAGE.

When Blessing was godmode for the whole squad and it wasn't a problem.

When Fleeting Expertise wasn't here to destroy any possiblity of reasonable balance in the game and between 'frames.

When Primed Mods weren't a thing.

I'll be honest; I have and use all of the things above frequently. That doesn't make it good for the game. DE has been nerfing the fun in Warframe ever since the Corrupted Mods with ever more annoying (and more to the point, unavoidable) ways of keeping players from doing damage, using powers, or even SEEING.

The original Disruptors were fine because they were at least mostly counterable by skill. The Disruptors of today grant themselves and every enemy near them the ability to drain the energy of anyone they touch regardless of invulnerability, proc immunity, etc. I could go on and list all the annoying ridiculousness, but no one will read it and it'll just make me more salty than I was before.

The original Disruptors were fine because they were at least mostly counterable by skill. The Disruptors of today grant themselves and every enemy near them the ability to drain the energy of anyone they touch regardless of invulnerability, proc immunity, etc. I could go on and list all the annoying ridiculousness, but no one will read it and it'll just make me more salty than I was before.

The original disruptors were terrifying. All it took was one hit from their charge up and pimpslap you attack and that's it, all your energy gone.

I don't even know what the current disruptors do. I think I've actually been disrupted by them a grand total of three times now. I want the old ones back (and the old healers, and the old toxic ancients - another mob who supposedly has a special ability which I've never witnessed).

When the Corpus spaceship tileset had voice broadcasts. So atmospheric... I miss those days.

When resources were rare as f***, and they had different skins. I think Ferrite was almost invisible if the room was too dark. It was like a paper-thin metallic object.

When the Grineer made disturbing noises when killed. God, I loved those... not that I'm a weirdo or something.

When mods had randomized stats.

When you could unlock upgrades (like reload speed, crit chance, etc) for the weapons and warframe on the upgrade menu after each level up, so you couldn't equip all the mods you wanted right away.

F2QnN0L.jpg

When the Star Chart was so beautiful, you would sit there and watch the planets follow their orbits.

When the infested was really easy, because they only had melee attacks. It was so easy to level up melee weapons.

When you had to equip Auras on the Star Chart.

When Loki had God Mode ON when using Invisibility. 

Those were the times...

Edited by RextintorZ

The original disruptors were terrifying. All it took was one hit from their charge up and pimpslap you attack and that's it, all your energy gone.

I don't even know what the current disruptors do. I think I've actually been disrupted by them a grand total of three times now. I want the old ones back (and the old healers, and the old toxic ancients - another mob who supposedly has a special ability which I've never witnessed).

The original disruptors did not steal energy on the knockdown, but on the tentacle that always followed it. Handspring and being knocked off a cliff could sometimes save you from the actual energy steal.

Current disruptors have an aura that makes all units allied to them steal energy with every attack. Not all your energy, just some. They also have a chance to magnetic proc on the tentacle.

New toxic ancients make all the infested around them deal toxic damage on top of their normal damage. This is... upsetting because it means your shields are worthless even without Slash procs. They also make a toxic AoE whenever they roar, which can kill if you're close enough.

I definitely concur with wanting the old versions back. I would be kinda salty if they reverted New Loka's specters.... but it would be totally worth it.

When Fighting over Rails Was actually Fun.
When recruiting Clan mates was Fun
When energy and health orbs looked live Nav Coordinates
When Noobs were scared of the Stalker
When Ancients didn't buff the Enemies to the Extreme
When you could go 200+ waves on a Survival or Defense
When Crewman Didn't Have Strun Multishot
When Arcane Helmets were a thing
When weapons weren't Retired because it didn't follow lore
When Stance mods didn't run you almost 1000p because of rareness *Cough* Vermillion Storm  *Cough*
When Draco wasn't a thing
When Nerfs actually meant something, and was necessary.
When Mesa wasn't needed for every Defense Mission
When Camping was still popular
Other junk.....

Edited by (PS4)sanemane213

When you just started playing and think you own the world with just the skana, mk-1 lato, mk-1 braton, and 12 revives.

When you got confused because of auto party and didn't know how to solo.

When you got stuck around the map corner because of a bug for the first time.

When you heard the word "TENNO SKOOM!" for the first time.

Ah, the memories...

I remeber back in the day that in order to procur all the best frames/weapons you had to personally grind for it yourself and or had to join a clan, no short cuts! 

And now you can buy pretty much all the best items straight up with RL money either in the CS or trade chat beginning at rank 2.

Since this game really isn't about PvP, it (according to the 'experts') can't be labeled pay to win.

Yea...ok, sure thing.

My how things have changed.

Edited by fizbit